The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

TheMercenary 04-20-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 648331)
There's a big female elk wandering around the back yard. I haven't seen them here for a few months.

I would so shoot that, it could feed your family for 6 months.

kerosene 04-20-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 650357)

You could certainly plant a garden.

I most certainly will!

Cloud 04-20-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 650404)
Was able to sing a 19 note range today during my voice lesson. Hit the upper notes w/o the teacher kicking me in the nuts this time.

mee may ma mo mooooo!

squirell nutkin 04-20-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 648840)
I think I succeeded in getting a shitty person fired today. Seems like a bitchy thing to be happy about but...fuck you. I'm tired of working with shitty, lazyass people.
I don't know why it takes so much work to get rid of TEMP agents. Anyway, I hope I won this time. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 649009)
There are some consulting firms I could look into, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough. Some days it's just so tempting.

Careful or that bitch, MTP, will fire your ass.:p:

HungLikeJesus 04-20-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 650413)
I would so shoot that, it could feed your family for 6 months.

Probably longer than that - I'd be eating it by myself. Elk cows weigh about 500 lb.

HungLikeJesus 04-20-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case (Post 650350)
HLJ I am glad to hear you guys were able to fix the CO problem. Sorry you can't work from home, anymore, though. Husband lost his job, so he is constantly "working from home."

This is what is making me happy today. We have to find a cheaper place to live, now that our income is significantly less. This is what we have found:

That's a cool house Case. I wonder if it's haunted?

I'm sorry to hear about the income loss.

skysidhe 04-20-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 649008)
No, sorry. I'm starting a new job Monday. I think they're going to want me to come to the office. No more work-from-home for me, either.

I find adding easier than subtracting; to subtract 9 from 20, just add one and subtract 10.

lol

and congrats on the new job

Quote:

Originally Posted by case (Post 650350)

This is what is making me happy today. We have to find a cheaper place to live, now that our income is significantly less. This is what we have found:

Nice! I hope you get it.

morethanpretty 04-20-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 650447)
Careful or that bitch, MTP, will fire your ass.:p:

I don't see the connect at all.

I wish I could fire people, the fucking idiot is still here. Getting the same pay I do, only doing 1% of the amount of work, and doing it wrong. I'm more than frustrated. I am usually a really nice person, but if being a bitch is what is needed, than I will be.

Really lucky the repair man found the CO leak HLJ, that's scary! Good luck at the new job.

squirell nutkin 04-20-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 650466)
Probably longer than that - I'd be eating it by myself. Elk cows weigh about 500 lb.

Just think how long it would last if you were a vegetarian.

squirell nutkin 04-20-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 648840)
I think I succeeded in getting a shitty person fired today. Seems like a bitchy thing to be happy about but...fuck you. I'm tired of working with shitty, lazyass people.
I don't know why it takes so much work to get rid of TEMP agents. Anyway, I hope I won this time. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 649009)
There are some consulting firms I could look into, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough. Some days it's just so temping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 650502)
I don't see the connect at all.

I wish I could fire people, the fucking idiot is still here. Getting the same pay I do, only doing 1% of the amount of work, and doing it wrong. I'm more than frustrated. I am usually a really nice person, but if being a bitch is what is needed, than I will be.

Sorry about your having to deal with a goldbricking a-hole. I connected the dots in bold. I think my humor has a lot to do with words and intentional mis-reading of them. I suspect it is due to some Irish blood.

I had a brilliant scheme for getting a cow-orker fired but it was so devious and potentially ruinous to the person I couldn't bring myself to do it.

morethanpretty 04-20-2010 11:57 PM

Oh, sorry I took it wrongly. Just easily riled today I guess.:o

HungLikeJesus 04-21-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 650505)
Just think how long it would last if you were a vegetarian.

As I said in another thread, if you are what you eat then I am a vegetarian.

And thanks, MTP.

squirell nutkin 04-21-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 650523)
As I said in another thread, if you are what you eat then I am a vegetarian.

And thanks, MTP.

At least an herbivore...

jinx 04-21-2010 04:45 PM

Got mah Jeep back!

http://is7.itookthisonmyphone.com/m/..._568x426r0.jpg

glatt 04-21-2010 05:29 PM

Yay!