The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

ZenGum 05-12-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 655132)
I had this flash of an anime super hero/exasperating mom character defeating her enemies:
"I will out purchase you with my superior paycheck!"

She'd need a teenage daughter sidekick for sure.

That would so totally work.

The Adventures of Consumer-mom!!!! And her daughter Sulky-sass! See them struggle against Lookatme-lookatme and the Mall-evolent Marauders! Coming soon to a retail outlet near you!

monster 05-12-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 655643)
That would so totally work.

The Adventures of Consumer-mom!!!! And her daughter Sulky-sass! See them struggle against Lookatme-lookatme and the Mall-evolent Marauders! Coming soon to a retail outlet near you!

My friend's 11yo son came up with a great name for his little sister when she was being sassy, I think we should use that: SassyQuatch! :lol:

classicman 05-12-2010 08:30 AM

hel..oh goodbye

Griff 05-15-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 655336)
still got my address? nudge nudge hint hint . . .

Um... yeah that cheese is in muh belly. If you pm me that addy again I can make something happen after we wean the little ones and milk production goes through the roof.

slang 05-15-2010 08:24 AM

What's making me happy today?

1. A bike
2. no water falling from the sky
3. Corp policy that allows parking your bike inside your office or cube.
4. Flat and smooth American roads.

And.......

5. Reese's cups. :)

glatt 05-15-2010 08:33 AM

hey slang, welcome back to the States!

slang 05-15-2010 08:41 AM

Thank you glatt.

I'm back in the US and that means no boozing, oversnoozing, taxi cruising, surfboard using, and fat food mooching.

It's all work and study now but that's acceptable with the long vacations that I've got planned next trip out.

casimendocina 05-15-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang (Post 656363)
3. Corp policy that allows parking your bike inside your office or cube.

How cool would that be?! Sigh! although I notice that one colleague has been bringing their bike in-a case of don't ask permission and then no-one can say no.

Quote:

4. Flat and smooth American roads.
Any infant sized holes in the pavement where you've been?

Quote:

5. Reese's cups. :)
Tried them on Dawn French's recommendation 'surely created by angels'. I like peanut butter and chocolate, but in this combination, no can do. My aversion to the taste was on the high side.

casimendocina 05-15-2010 09:25 AM

Internet access at home after months and months without it (self-inflicted).

slang 05-15-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 656374)
How cool would that be?! Sigh! although I notice that one colleague has been bringing their bike in-a case of don't ask permission and then no-one can say no.

I am a (contract only) mechanical designer/product designer/engineering services consultant at DePuy ( dee-pew ).

We make medical implants (replacements) for knees, hips and shoulders. A focus on physical fitness and overall good health is encouraged within the corporate culture.

Security has been instructed to allow bikes inside so long as there are no complaints ( of people doing wheelies in the hallways :) )

Quote:

Any infant sized holes in the pavement where you've been?

I've just returned from a 9 month vacation/expedition/adventure/drinking spree on Luzon island Philippines.

My wife and I bought a small plot of jungle property. The roads there are bad when even compared to a disinigrating rural american driveway.

Quote:

Tried them on Dawn French's recommendation 'surely created by angels'. I like peanut butter and chocolate, but in this combination, no can do. My aversion to the taste was on the high side.

Aversion to Reese's cups is something that I'm not equipped to reply to. Don't know how to respond. Never even heard of this.

What types of fat foods do you like?

Griff 05-15-2010 11:26 AM

dogsledding

xoxoxoBruce 05-15-2010 12:50 PM

Methinks they be dog/otter hybrids. :lol:

Nirvana 05-15-2010 03:29 PM

My property taxes went down :)

glatt 05-15-2010 04:37 PM

Opening day at the pool, and it was sunny and got a little warm. I smell like sunscreen and have pool hair.

HungLikeJesus 05-15-2010 05:10 PM

We were in Kauai this week and missed the 18 inches of snow. It's mostly melted now, but there's a chance for more tonight.