The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 06-12-2008 02:44 PM

Dana that's amazing!
Give your brains more credit girl - they are obviously first class as I always suspected.

I'm very impressed.

Shawnee123 06-12-2008 05:08 PM

I second Sundae's post! WTG girl!

SG, glad Diz is feeling better.

DanaC 06-12-2008 05:20 PM

Thanks gals :)

I must admit, I pretty much bounced out of uni thinking "Fuck me, I'm good!" lol:P

Shawnee123 06-12-2008 05:21 PM

Ride that feeling for a long time, you deserve it.

elSicomoro 06-12-2008 07:20 PM

Good to hear all the good news from peeps recently!

As for me, I'm back in Philly...what's up, youse guys? :)

lookout123 06-12-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 461823)
I pretty much bounced out of uni thinking "Fuck me, I'm good!" lol:P

If I only I was around when you were thinking that... then I could be shot down by a horny commie.

good job, oh studious one. ;)

zippyt 06-12-2008 08:30 PM

Good Job Dana !!
Hard work Pays Off !!!

limey 06-13-2008 01:31 PM

WTG Dana!

DanaC 06-13-2008 01:54 PM

*preens* well, ta muchly :P

@ lookout: what makes you think you'd be shot down? :P

Sundae 06-13-2008 01:55 PM

I'm getting a new cat on Sunday!
A vocal and friendly little ginger female (neutered) who loves other cats and people.

I just have to go and collect her from Canning Town.
And that's the other thing that's making me happy - the weekend work on the Jubille Line has now been completed. I won't have a ridiculous journey home this weekend.

DanaC 06-13-2008 01:56 PM

Yey, new kitteh. That is reason to be happy. *smiles* Yey for the Jubilee Line too!

Aliantha 06-15-2008 11:07 PM

We've just started our third week of the new regimen with the kids and things are going swimmingly, so I'm very pleased.

I'm also looking forward to having a couple of weeks with them during their winter break which is coming up next week. :)

Tree Fae 06-15-2008 11:12 PM

Had a great day celebrating my parents 50th anniversary with family and friends. Got to see lots of people I haven't seen in years.

Sundae 06-16-2008 05:03 AM

Ali I'm pleased to hear that all is well. I'm sure it's not ideal, but your boys will certainly look back on it positively.
And Tree - my parents just celebrated their 40th. I'm running out of life to ever imagine doing the same, but it makes me proud of them. 50 must be even more so.

What's making me happy?
My new cat!
I wish I was there today. I'll go home at lunchtime and spent some quality time.

Also, spending the weekend with Mum & Dad.
They have less money now they are retired and I have more now I am working.
I felt more like an adult this weekend than I have done in years.

Although Dad still insisted on driving me to the Underground station rather than the local one (much longer journey for him but less changes for me and it saves me £6) and wouldn't let me pay for my share of the fish & chips we picked up on the way in. Dads.

And when I got home yesterday I had an hour before I had to set off to collect Hely.
So instead of sitting down & watching tv, or reading, I decided HM was right about the house and I'd use my time well. I managed to clean the kitchen and bathroom as well as putting out the recycling, changing my bed linen and putting a wash on.

Which was good, as he brought a friend home from work. And then they went out to the pub and he brought back at least 3 more. At 01.00. Hmmmmm. I wasn't best pleased (this is becoming a habit) especially as there was one washed up on the sofa this morning as I'm trotting downstairs just in my pants. Quick reverse!

Still, I kept my cool and will let it go. Here's hoping he'll be lovely to Hely today to make up for bringing a crowd of strangers into the house she's trying to get used to. Meh - my perception, not hers - she was under my bed at that point! He loves cats - he will be treating her well. In fact my worry should be that she bonds with him today and I don't see her again for a few weeks.

Sundae 06-16-2008 05:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My picture just arrived!
Much quicker than I expected.

It's truly beautiful, thank you Case.
I'll post this pic over in the Commission thread too, to finish it off.
Oops, no - the last photo will have to be once I've redone my room and the painting is in situ. That may be a while yet though.