View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #118
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Reddit banned several moderators of already-quarantined subreddit /r/The_Donald, and posted a strange set of rules for whom they would like to be the next moderators.

Understand, as a private place they can manage political matters however they like; but this brazen micro-management of a forum is ridiculous. I'm like, that's not how this works.

Separately, Reddit announced that they would ban users who "consistently upvote policy-breaking content within quarantined communities."

Good lord. This means they're doing data-mining to locate users they don't like!

My theory is that Reddit, which started out very okay, has lost its mojo over the last year or two -- due to an influx of low-quality users. I'm talking about teenagers, low-IQ shitposters, brazen keyboard warriors. Better quality users are departing, because why deal with all of that?

All these types are attracted to Reddit because its lack of real community; how it treats anonymity, how it fails to protect communities and instead tries to protect itself. How it does not support real conversation.

Reddit's answer to this is to create and enforce its own personal and, BTW, corporate cancel culture.

Bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.
You can do shit like this all you like, just so long as you know that corrections happen.