View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

Do you insult telegarbage?

OK. I am 73, and so I get a lot of stupid calls.

Free hearing test, from a hearing aid company. So I say "What's that, sonny? You young people tend to mumble. Learn how to enunciate." I keep the guy on the phone as long as possible, so that he is not bothering somebody else.

Tonight is was from somebody who thought that I should be diabetic. Now, at my age, if you have not disciplined yourself, and if you are really fat, you might just have given yourself type 2 diabetes. So that is why I was called. And I told her that I was really insulted that she called because she thought I might be somebody stupid and without discipline, and therefore fat and diabetic. I insulted her in various other ways.

Do not get me wrong. My aunt had type 1 diabetes, and she had to live a very disciplined life with respect to her diet, etc. But she lived into her '80s. That type of diabetes is inherited, not caused by a general lack of discipline and idioicy.

Here is the point: I do not believe that telemarketers serve any useful purpose at all. Therefore, they do not cut them any slack. If I can cause them any distress at all, I do so. I insult them and take up their time, to the extent possible, unless I am busy with something else.

Maybe such treatment will cause them to quit and get a useful job, except maybe they are too useless to do that.

Or maybe there is just no hope for such garbage. If they were not telemarketers, maybe they would be selling heroin. I really do not know.

But I am really pissed.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote