Thread: Psychopathy
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I agree with Griff on both points.

I've begun, refined and discarded numerous posts originally intended to respond to henry quirk's posts. I believe there's no point to it. He is extremely consistent, he sounds coherent, and he's apparently immune to the influence of the thoughts and ideas of others. Some of the things I began to write were challenges to his examples, some were rebuttals to his opinions, etc. I don't think he's open to persuasion, so I just keep to myself mostly in those kinds of conversations.

Let me be clear, I believe most of what he says is wrong, especially about the role of government, about the nature of society. I believe his position is inconsistent and contradictory. I also don't like the ideas he touts. I can tolerate a lot of dislike and discord. I don't need to be right all the time. I hope I'm not the smartest person I know. I like to be right when I can, of course. But I need to learn and that means finding out stuff I don't know already. But when I get new info of this kind, I compare it to other stuff I *do* already know, and if it's compatible, I'll add it to the sum of my knowledge. But if it's not, I consider it wrong. This is why I have turned my back on most of his political and sociological discussions.

Is he a psychopath? I don't know. Is he hard headed? Yeah, I think so. Are the ideas he holds forth anti-social. Yep. Sorry, henry quirk. It looks like we're not going to be very good neighbors.