View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #114
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I guess it's hard for some people to believe that other people's kids have a conscience though. I'm just glad my sons both appear to have one.
Ali I don't think people really believe that - but it's just such a perfect answer, it's fun to assume it had an ulterior motive.

I have to say that the only time in my life I had detention I was let off by the Headmaster. Why? Well I hadn't done my homework. For the second or third week running. I was set "in school" detention (most common at my school as children travelled home all over the county on special buses). I had to give up 40 minutes of my lunch hour, and a desk was set for me right outside the staff room.

Then the Head came past and couldn't believe I was in detention. He knew me from the school play, the carol concert and the athletics team. He asked if I had finished the work I had been set (I had) and then set me free. So what it taught me was the age old proverb - it's not what you've done, it's who likes me. Or something like that.

The sad thing was, it was English Lit, which I loved. And Ms Knox, who everyone else loved. I just didn't like how she tried to make English accessible! and fun! I didn't want fun, I wanted serious books and books about books and poetry, and books about poetry, and poetry about books. Not bloody Adrian Mole. And yet at the end of the year she was so very nice to me when I left her class. Ah well.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote