View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #53
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I identify as being right of center in most areas (shocker, I know) and I still believe UG is someone's sock puppet. Colbert, The Onion, UG...
Join the club, my friend. I think I've said that on a number of occasions. Although, back in the old Cellar days we had one or two people with views so extreme I thought the same thing. I believe that Barak turned out to be a real person.

There are people out there with extremely closed minds and extremist views that to them seem close to the mainstream. Any number of Wolf's former clients are probably surprised that anyone challenges what to them are simple facts.

There are people on the left who are also extreme. I would state, however, that being 'liberal' by definition means that one is open to other views. This does place extreme left-wingers vulnerable to either having their views challenged or to losing any claim to the title.

I'm still not sure if UG is a sock puppet, but the day I believe that gets closer the more extreme and indefensible his expressed views become. One day it won't be a choice of 'sock puppet or not', but of 'wool or cotton' .

Getting back on topic, I was talking to a conservative acquaintance and we both agreed that 'dancing in the streets' is a disturbing response. I was shocked and appalled when the bodies of American servicemen were dragged through the streets in Somalia. I had always hoped that we would not be like that. Killing an enemy is necessary in war. Feeling resolution, relief, and even satisfaction is reasonable. Expressing joyful exuberance in the taking of a life or lives is an attitude I would like to leave to our enemies as one of the differences between us that we are fighting to uphold.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote