Thread: Georgism
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #75
AdanSmith
Dog O'Nine Tails

Quote:
my husband and I worked and saved for three years to come up with a down payment for our house in California.
well Ms. Magpie you just paid for all of the uncollected economic scarcity rent that the former owner ripped off from the community before you...how do you feel now?

See you could have bought the property three years before that if a geo-libertarian policy were in place...

Quote:
would consider an obscene profit
no - you got snookered my dear...

Quote:
we moved back to Mississippi and with the profits from the sale of our home
beautiful you ripped off your neighbors in Calif. thanks to Prop 13 and bought a plantation in Mississippi to continue the oppression that has a deep tradition in the south.

Kind of like the movie "Roots" huh?

Quote:
Private ownership only represents freedom for the person that owns the land. The person that owns the land can oppress the people that live and work on the land (serfs, slaves, employees, what have you).
Because the monopoly of government granted privilege called land title allows it to continue so it must be right. It does not matter a lick that we have to LIVE and WORK SOMEWHERE, right?

Quote:
Does this mean my goats are oppressed?????
Since I am assuming you are not charging your goats rent for the privilege of roaming around your nudist plantation - no. I could care less what you do with your goats even if it was legal in LA-LA land and not in the state of Mississippi...you do own them don't you?
AdanSmith is offline   Reply With Quote