The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #391
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

He just proved his manliness by discussing snatch.

How curious. Trump also has that same misogynistic vocabulary.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:38 PM   #392
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But use foreign words to pretend it's not vulgar.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #393
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Punani.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #394
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Meanwhile in the Dominican Republic...

If you think COVID-19 is cramping your style, listen to these folks...

Quote:
Pandemic devastating to Dominican transgender sex workers

Since the novel coronavirus first hit the shores of the Dominican Republic in March, Luna Veras, a transgender sex worker, has struggled to put bread on the table. Between fear of Covid-19 and a nightly curfew, her business has dropped by 80 percent.

"I live by sex work. In this time of the Covid-19 pandemic, we trans sex workers are in crisis. The economy has stopped," said Veras, who lives in a poor neighborhood in Santo Domingo, the capital of the Caribbean country, where prostitution is legal so long as it is voluntary.

The nightly curfew imposed by Dominican authorities as they struggle to slow the spread of the disease has dramatically impacted the sex workers' lives.

There have so far been 97,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus and 1,801 related deaths in this country of a bit less than 11 million inhabitants, according to government figures.

The 47-year-old Veras is HIV-positive and is "panicked" at the idea of contracting the coronavirus, given the drastic effect it could have on her health.

Still, she has continued working, making herself up each day just as she did before the pandemic, with one difference: she now wears a protective mask over her nose and mouth, which quickly gets stained by her fuchsia lipstick.

The curfew has brought dramatic change. Not only has work dropped off sharply, she now makes appointments only by phone, not in person.

So Veras is now a long way from the 10,000 pesos (about $170) she earned each month before the pandemic. To get by, she now cleans houses.

- 'Shame' keeps clients away -

Yohana Espinoza, another transgender prostitute, is also HIV-positive. It is impossible for her to find a regular, above-board job, for she was "not declared at birth" and has no birth certificate or legal identity papers.

She doesn't know how to read or write. In her tiny room, under a corrugated tin roof, two fans circulate the torrid air of a Dominican summer. And clients are few.

Twenty-year-old Henely Flores agrees that the nightly curfew -- in effect from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am in Santo Domingo -- has had a major impact.

"One day I got changed and went out to work. But I realized that clients were not stopping because it was still daylight and they were ashamed," she said. Things were so bad she had to ask a friend to take her in because she had no place to live.

With their income plummeting, many sex workers have become dependent on help from charities and international organizations.

"It's a difficult situation; some people are barely surviving," said Christian Kingsley, who heads TRANSSA, which provides assistance for transgender people. "We don't have the means, but we have tried to help them with food and protective equipment against Covid-19 -- one less thing they have to spend money on."

So far, he said, his group has helped 600 people to register for a government program called "Quedate en casa" (Stay home), which has provided monthly grants of 5,000 pesos to help people buy food since the beginning of the pandemic.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:33 AM   #395
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #396
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Do I have to buy three stick on dildos or can I reuse one over?
Old 09-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #397
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

C'mon, now...Who don't have a stick-on dildo or three hanging around?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:14 AM   #398
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Meanwhile in Aylesbury...

Quote:
There are reports of an earthquake in Aylesbury this morning (Tues).

Lots of people have reported houses and desks shaking at around 9.45am.

We're hearing that this was a 3.6 magnitude quake 10km below the surface.

It was felt as far as Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes.

This is a breaking news story and we'll bring you more as we get it.
I have the good fortune to live some miles outside the town, although closer than LB and MK, and didn't notice anything untoward on the seismological front.

Link
Old 09-08-2020, 06:18 AM   #399
Griff
still says videotape

... Denver
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...9411599422339/

Denver to face temperature plunge from 99 to 32 in one day
Old 09-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #400
glatt

My son is just south of there and his work crew was slated to go start building campsites in the back country this week. They are trying to figure out what they will be able to accomplish in the snow/sleet mix they will have this week. They are young, and dressed for it, so I think all it means is they will come back to base each night to sleep in the dorms instead of sleeping out in tents. Digging toilet pits in the sleet. LOL. Better him than me.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #401
Griff
still says videotape

Builds character?
Old 09-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #402
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

No, it builds latrines.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #403
monster
I hear them call the tide

Meanwhile in hippie Ann Arbor ....we're ok with shrooms..... etc I can't wait for the impaired driving arrest reports...

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...ms-plants.html
Old 09-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #404
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Baby steps...

Old 09-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #405
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
He just proved his manliness by discussing snatch.

How curious. Trump also has that same misogynistic vocabulary.
As an inept and crabbed virgin, tw is of course a great authority on this. World-class. He should put the Homburg on.