The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #6391
nowhereman
sliding down the razor blade of life

Doctor appt yesterday, gained 15 pounds (!!??). Short version - 7 weeks chemo/radiation last fall, 2 clear PET scans (FUCK CANCER), all good so far. Lost 42 pounds during treatment (yay!), now some is coming back (boo!). My appetite for snacking has returned, so guess I have to eat healthy and minimize the goodies. Got to keep the weight off, felt really good without the excess.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #6392
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Wow!

Welcome back from that scary situation. You sound alert and aware of the food you're eating and the net effects. You're doing it right. Keep it up!
Old 07-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #6393
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Glad to see you posting again, nowhereman. Glad you are here and not nowhere.
Snacking on veggies and eating salads has helped me lose about 20lbs and stay below 175 for the last year+. Thats the first time thats happened in a decade.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #6394
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

While this literally nothing in the face of NowhereMan slapping cancer in the mouth...Fuck cancer, btw.

How do you write an article (using the term loosely) about a place named Three Arch Bay, and not even mention why the place is called that?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #6395
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I used to work at the Three Arch Bay Shell Station. Long time ago.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #6396
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Back when it was only two arches, I'll bet.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #6397
nowhereman
sliding down the razor blade of life

Thanks all. I am incredibly fortunate. Just have to watch the snackies. On the bright side, bottled 60 pounds of honey last night. Now I can't find my jar labels (mildly irritated).
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:15 AM   #6398
Snakeadelic
Banned

Hospital hypocrisy sucks so bad.

"We can't tell you if any particular doctor is on shift until you check in at the ER. We can't even tell you which doctors work here."

Then explain to me the page full of ER staff names and profiles on your PUBLIC website???
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:30 PM   #6399
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Perhaps they meant they're not allowed to release that info?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #6400
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Hospital hypocrisy sucks so bad.

"We can't tell you if any particular doctor is on shift until you check in at the ER. We can't even tell you which doctors work here."

Then explain to me the page full of ER staff names and profiles on your PUBLIC website???
So, she's suggesting that the hospital doesn't know who is working at the hospital.

How do they get paid?
How do they know if these people are working?
How do they know if they're not working?
How do they schedule appointments?
How do they schedule surgeries?
How do they know if all those people walking around in scrubs and nurse uniforms are doctors and nurses, and not child molesters, mother stabbers, father rapers, kiddie fiddlers, child murderers, children who murder while disguised as cancer patients, what if, holy shit, what if some of them are rogue allergists asserting that smoke is not an allergen, x-ray techs giving everyone cancer by giving them a millionth of a rad too much radiation???

Is radiation an allergen, or an irritant?
Can one be allergic to cancer?
Oh my God, my allergist gave me cancer!
Ima hafta move.
To Botswana.
I'm already allergic to Botswana and I haven't even gotten there yet!
I hope I don't trip over my neighbors' kids' friends' sweet biker toys, fall down the stairs, which are probably too steep/bright/loud/steppy for my condition(s), and break my allergic reaction.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:48 AM   #6401
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

That might have been uncalled for.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #6402
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, they don't know because a lot of hospitals a hiring companies specializing in ER, AND MAY NOT TAKE YOUR INSURANCE EVEN IF THE HOSPITAL DOES. You have no way of knowing until you get the bill. That's not right, that's fucked up.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #6403
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It is extremely difficult for me to grasp that a company wouldn't know who worked for them.

That is fucking insane.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:33 AM   #6404
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Their lawyers don't want them to know who works for subcontractors, helps their defense in court if the shit hits the fan. ER staff are notoriously difficult to find and keep.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #6405
chrisinhouston
Professor

Well crap. My wife got the final payout from the sale of the company she worked for the past 20 years and while the total is great her paystub shows that she has now had $315,218.23 taken out it taxes. That includes Federal, SS which she has maxed for the year and Medicare. I understand taxes and the need to pay for things for our country but 39% seems a bit excessive, especially if it's a one time deal and not some big CEO who pulls in a lot every year.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar