The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #916
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

A friendfriendfriend made this for me. Makes the ones I've been creating look rudimentary. I'll save it for when we have good company over to the house.

No I won't.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #917
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Hey, at least you've made no pretense all along. You've always liked Tree Fae better than me. Hell, *I* like her better than me!
Old 12-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #918
Elspode

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post

A friendfriendfriend made this for me. Makes the ones I've been creating look rudimentary. I'll save it for when we have good company over to the house.

No I won't.
Hey...that's cool. The lining will make it tres durable. Sweet appliance, that.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #919
Elspode

That's about...what? Three feet long?
Old 12-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #920
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Your friend is very similar to mine who has produced a similar beautiful piece. I'm not at home yet or I would show it here.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #921
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Jimbo your pipe might be primitive, but it works quite well. I am getting a nice burn on the inside for the screen to hold. Screen material used to be a heavier gauge. Now I have to contend with wimpy precut brass screening. I light the bud, suck up some smoke. It is a cool smoke for sure. Like a bong without the rum. The bowl stays cool. A couple friends said they want one. Get to whittling.

tarheel
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #922
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I got an incense burner, with a nice feature. You know how when you light incense you have to blow on it to get it cooking?
Then when you blow on it the ash and sparks go willy-nilly, burning holes in your new socks?.
Well this incense burner has a hole in the bottom, down through the wood and out the side through another piece of wood.
This way I can pull air down over the incense to get it cooking, while my beard is safely away from the fire, and my socks are safe.
It has a base to set it on after it gets cooking. Looks like it might tip over but it won't. Magnets, is there anything they can't do?
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #923
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Nice photo!
Old 12-26-2016, 09:34 PM   #924
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Jimbo your pipe might be primitive, but it works quite well. I am getting a nice burn on the inside for the screen to hold. Screen material used to be a heavier gauge. Now I have to contend with wimpy precut brass screening. I light the bud, suck up some smoke. It is a cool smoke for sure. Like a bong without the rum. The bowl stays cool. A couple friends said they want one. Get to whittling.

tarheel
Damn. You've had for what, a week? It looks like it's got some miles on it already.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:45 PM   #925
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Weed and ace inhibitors, that is my program too.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:50 PM   #926
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Some relatives got me what I wanted for Christmas and I have been burning it down.

tarheel
Old 12-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #927
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Damn look at all of you and your fancy schmancy appliances. About 2 months ago my BIL sent me a tiny package - it was hand delivered. I had been taking Zoloft and then Lexapro for about 2 months. They weren't helping.
So on the 26th with EVERYONE gone I decided to try something I hadn't done in decades. I didn't have an appliance though, so I needed to make one quick. It was like riding a bike. Got a Sharpie and a regular pen. Put the ends together lengthwise on top of a multi-layer of foil. Roll and bend. Pinch the end (so one doesn't inhale flaming incense) and voila!
Repeated last night and went to watch Assassin's Creed with my neighbor. I told him and he was like damn bro - you are so chill.
Damn - I slept better than I have in ages.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #928
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Old 12-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #929
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Damn look at all of you and your fancy schmancy appliances. About 2 months ago my BIL sent me a tiny package - it was hand delivered. I had been taking Zoloft and then Lexapro for about 2 months. They weren't helping.
So on the 26th with EVERYONE gone I decided to try something I hadn't done in decades. I didn't have an appliance though, so I needed to make one quick. It was like riding a bike. Got a Sharpie and a regular pen. Put the ends together lengthwise on top of a multi-layer of foil. Roll and bend. Pinch the end (so one doesn't inhale flaming incense) and voila!
Repeated last night and went to watch Assassin's Creed with my neighbor. I told him and he was like damn bro - you are so chill.
Damn - I slept better than I have in ages.
I'm gonna be starting up this Friday. It's been a long, long time. How was it?

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #930
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I don't drink alcohol, well very little. Usually in the morning after coffee I begin smoking my pipe. Jim can drink me under the table, but my tolerance for weed is much higher than his. Weed on the coast cost twice as much as the Piedmont . Tourists will pay anything. I can see much better especially if I wear my glasses. Does it help vision or pain? Dunno.
It helps me ignore the chaos that surrounds me. Riding the bike stoned, won't happen cause the wind blows it right outta me.

tarheel