The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 08-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #1111
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Useless sign. It ought to have been a sign saying to clean any boats (or anything else that might collect plant matter) thoroughly before taking them to other lakes, so it doesn't get transplanted there as well.
Yes. We have "Rock snot" in the rivers around where I live. The signs are much clearer about what to do and not to do, vis-a-vis, shoes and water craft.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:21 AM   #1112
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
So far she hasn't doubted your existence.

I even told her my handle so she could research the unvarnished me before we started dating. It's been a little longer than a year that we've been going out. I guess what she read didn't scare her off.
She prolly has read some of my edumacated lines of wit and decided we are full of shit.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #1113
Griff
still says videotape

might want to lock down any boat threads
Old 08-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #1114
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
might want to lock down any boat threads
LMAO!
Old 08-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #1115
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quite humorous.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #1116
monster
I hear them call the tide

PoloGirl (College senior) is taking a dull, non-genius-level class to complete her ?science requirement for graduation. Something to do with the environment and people.... All other students are taking it for the same reason. She was telling me that the prof is clearly not used to having students who can write. He's set a homework that's a minimum 600 words, and told the class "don't worry if you're struggling, you can treat it as a series of long-answer questions and not string them together as an essay. Just start writing, you'll be amazed at how much you can actually write".

She said "my problem is getting it down to 600. I can't sneeze in less than 600 words". I larfed.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 AM   #1117
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I can't sneeze in less than 600 words".
Sounds like a female to me.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:32 AM   #1118
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Funny/Embarrassing things they say - From The Old Folks' Home Edition

Yeah I warped the thread, Precious. Turned it around even.

Popdigr went to visit Grandmadigr at the home (she'll be 101 in Feb) and she was in what would be the dayroom if it were a jail, and there was old Mrs. Doe sitting in a wheelchair beside her. Mrs. Doe was married to Mr. Doe, a preacher, for like 70-some odd years. Sweetest-looking li'l old lady you ever did see. One of the nurses was trying to get her to finish as much of her lunch as she could:

"Mrs. Doe can't ya get the rest of this Ensure down? You really need to finish it."

Mrs. Doe replied with, and I quote:

"Now look here you cock-sucking bitch, I told you I was done, and I'm done. Now get that shit away from me."

Popdigr said venom dripped from every word.

True Story™.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #1119
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
PoloGirl (College senior) is taking a dull, non-genius-level class to complete her ?science requirement for graduation. Something to do with the environment and people.... All other students are taking it for the same reason. She was telling me that the prof is clearly not used to having students who can write. He's set a homework that's a minimum 600 words, and told the class "don't worry if you're struggling, you can treat it as a series of long-answer questions and not string them together as an essay. Just start writing, you'll be amazed at how much you can actually write".

She said "my problem is getting it down to 600. I can't sneeze in less than 600 words". I larfed.
Ha!

Lil' Griff said the same thing (well not the sneezing bit) about the essay she wrote to get into grad school. There is such a range of expectations out there with some schools still asking so very little that you need to know your audience.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #1120
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

But haven't you heard? EVERYONE should go to college!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #1121
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
But haven't you heard? EVERYONE should go to college!
My bass playing nephew dropped out of college to focus on his playing but is also apprenticing part-time as an electrician. He's smarter than most.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #1122
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's a great combination. I should have done it.

At least a third of bar gigs have questionable power available for you. "Everybody plug into this outlet"

One outdoor place a few years ago handed us a single, very frayed extension cable for everything
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #1123
Griff
still says videotape

Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #1124
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

My buddy has 8 full time plumbers working for him, each one gets a van, tools and gas. None went to college, one is a convicted felon due to a youthful indiscretion. They all work unsupervised most of the time, make 6 figures a year, and will never be unemployed unless they want to.

Another thing is most of the trades people are at least 40, more likely 50 to 60ish and nobody coming up to replace them.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:50 AM   #1125
Griff
still says videotape

Robots will not be plumbing old houses any time soon.

Tags
humor