The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-10-2005, 10:40 PM   #16
lookout123
changed his status to single

3-5 days a week, 45 minutes on the cycle. yes, i'm a wimp, it is stationary - i tell myself it is ok, because i prep portfolio reviews while i'm pedalling and i couldn't do that on a real bike. then weights 3-5 times a week.

i'm a stock broker, gotta work some of that stress off somehow.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:51 AM   #17
feesh13
Romantic Necromancer

I pay for a gym.
feesh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 AM   #18
itsjulie
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Still a white belt, because they only have testing once every three months. There's no such thing as a purple belt in my school, but I'll assume that's pretty good...
I don't think I could remember too many "moves"...but it went white, yellow, orange, purple, blue, brown, then black.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #19
SouthOfNoNorth
Colloquialist

i take classes in both kung fu and muay thai kickboxing three times a week. the workout is pretty intense. both classes are an hour long with an hour of shared physical conditioning time (jump rope, shadow boxing, squats, pushups, etc) in between, for a total of three hours a day.

the muay thai workout is especially nuts. i started at this school (i took kung fu for about 4 years at another place) in july, and the third or fourth class i was pretty sure i was going to throw up/pass out/both. i feel great when i'm done, though. they're organizing a trip to the training camps in thailand next june and i'm thinking of going - heh, not sure if i'm tough enough for that yet, though.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I drive by two doggie-day care operations on my daily one person/vehicle commute. I had to move our Weider 9000 super gt turbo spasmotron in the basement once to get at some paint. Does that count?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #21
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

Tried pilates last night for the first time. Loved it, I'm sore in places I didn't know I had muscles! A lot to remember though, shoulders back, pilates stance, legs wrapped, but tight, pull in those abs, okay now you are ready for a push-up!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #22
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjulie
I don't think I could remember too many "moves"...but it went white, yellow, orange, purple, blue, brown, then black.
Ah, I see. In Tukong, it's white, yellow, orange, green, blue, red, black. They told us it's supposed to correlate to an outward transition of seed, sprout, stem, tree, sky, sun, space.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Uh..trees are purple and the Sun is brown?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 AM   #24
itsjulie
Vice-President of Resentment

Anyone weight train? If you are scuplting your body, is it 2 sets of reps...maybe 10 each? I believe if you want to build muscle you do more than 10.... does this make sense? I think I should go have my
Old 10-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #25
undone
work in progess

Okay, I joined in August and hired a personal trainer who showed me how to exercise. I honestly was completely unprepared for physical fitness. I have always been too skinny and didn't need or want to work out. Now three kids later and 35 years old I am paunchy. I want my body back. I weight train and do cardio but I don't think I am doing enough of either to warrant 280.00 a month for a PT so...I canceled her. I am going to do it myself now that I know what I need to do. She says I need to lose 10 lbs and 10% body fat. That would take me down to 120 lbs and 20% body fat. I love having a goal and now that I am going 2 or 3 times a week it has become a habit. It is better than the smoking habit I have mostly given up so I am happy. I tend to be a little obsessive though and have been really hard on myself about my eating habits. As I hit my 30's I discovered my desires switched from sex and alcohol to food and sex...mostly food. The old saying goes "You didn't get this way overnight and you can't expect to change it overnight either" It is my mantra now.