The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #421
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

true...

I STILL don't have my seat back from Corbin. Getting kind of pissed about it by now. I returned it on April 2nd. You'd think they would make their corrections a priority. The sales rep sucks too. Doesn't return emails. Promised 3 weeks ago that I'd have it back at my house in 2 weeks. Then told me it would ship this past friday. I got no shipping notice and no reply to my email asking if it was still on schedule to ship. I'm going to call and ask for a sales manager if I don't get a reply by 10 am PST. I don't know that I'd use them again. There are a lot of other options.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #422
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I priced Corbin seats for two bikes I had. Their prices were ridiculous.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #423
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

The seat I ordered was $898.

The Yamaha was $700. They got it right the first time and I am happy with the look and feel of it. That's why I came back. Next time? Today I doubt I would.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #424
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

JFC.

I had a 73 Honda 750 Four, extended forks, ape hangers, tall skinny front wheel. It had a really well-used king/queen seat that I wanted to replace with another just like it. The seat with suede insert (because that big ol' bike would really move, I mean really move, it was hot-rodded all to hell) was over $600 waaaaay back then. The solo gunslinger (?) for my Suzuki 550 LTD was $500+. It was more than third the cost of the bike.

Yours are big, wide seats. Comfy, too, I'll bet. But, $900. Goddamn.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #425
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I sold that Honda to an acquaintance who killed himself on it 2 weeks later.

I felt like I'd killed him myself.

Then I learned he was drunk, running from Kentucky State Troopers with no helmet.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #426
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Yah, the seat is 900. I paid 1800 for the bike.... But it will be worth 7500-8000 when I'm done with it.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #427
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I paid $2400 to change the color in my truck. There was nothing wrong with the old seats I was just sick of the color.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #428
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I went through a round of loserdom, now I don't spend money any more.

I'm like one of those people who lived through the great depression and now if you tell them you're going on a cruise, they ask why would you spend good money to go on a boat.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #429
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Amanda is like that. Unemployed for 2 years, 6 years ago, and now if I pay more than 1.99lb for chicken breasts, she gives me shit.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #430
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Wow, I thought it was just me...
Old 05-10-2016, 06:19 AM   #431
Griff
still says videotape

No, I think a lot of our generation is with you there. Crap economy along with bad education and work choices put me in the position of being poorly bad my whole career. So yeah, I'm with you guys on tight purse strings... Maybe this should move to a different thread because I'm enjoying the bike project.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #432
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

next thing is to take all of the body parts off and go eye a couple paint shops. While it's apart, I'll be changing the motor mounts, fixing the fairing mounts, installing the usb charger and LED lighting. Hoping to incorporate switches for those into the open spots on the instrument panel. I ordered the switches that fit, just have to adapt the wiring to fit my stuff. I got the wiring service manual last week, so I'll get some return for my $60 investment.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #433
glatt

I'd be curious to hear how you go about finding a paint shop.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #434
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
true...

I STILL don't have my seat back from Corbin. Getting kind of pissed about it by now. I returned it on April 2nd. You'd think they would make their corrections a priority. The sales rep sucks too. Doesn't return emails. Promised 3 weeks ago that I'd have it back at my house in 2 weeks. Then told me it would ship this past friday. I got no shipping notice and no reply to my email asking if it was still on schedule to ship. I'm going to call and ask for a sales manager if I don't get a reply by 10 am PST. I don't know that I'd use them again. There are a lot of other options.
meanwhile, I got no reply all day to my email sent Friday the 6th. I left a message for her manager at 12:39pm PST... no return call. Last night I sent another email to Janice asking if she was too busy to reply to my email.

She replied to that saying she didn't have an answer from the factory yet.

my reply to that bull stih

Quote:
In future, whether you have the answer a customer wants to hear, or not, you should reply to emails or phone calls within the next business day. At least to tell them that you don't know and are looking into it.

As you know, I'm getting very impatient and frustrated with this situation. When you get the order wrong and are correcting it, I would expect that those returns should get priority treatment. It took less time to create the original and ship it than this is taking. And if your correction queue is longer than your new order queue, what does that say about the state of affairs in the production process?

I was very pleased with the seat I got for my Yamaha. ($700) That's why I'm back for this seat. ($900) That may not seem like a large order to you, but, it's the most expensive single upgrade I've done to either bike. I will have a very hard time doing business with Corbin next time. I like the product, but if the customer service and production facets are this broken..... All that's left is how this problem is handled.

I'd like you to review my order with your manager. I left a message for her yesterday, and am still awaiting a return call. I still want to speak with Ms Garcia regardless of the disposition here. I can be reached at 267...
Old 05-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #435
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'd be curious to hear how you go about finding a paint shop.
I spoke to a guy in E. Berlin Nj that advertises specializing in motorcycles. Another that does custom work... might be on the expensive side... and got a referral from a bike mechanic that uses a local guy in Philly and always does good work.

I'll go see the NJ guy and the Philly guy. The custom place looks too expensive.