The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 08-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #31
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

So now we've got the inside the way we like it ...

sent by thought transference
Old 08-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #32
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

That looks so stinkin' cozy!
Old 08-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #33
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
In my next life, I want to be limey. A fabulous person...talented and smart and caring and funny, who has a great husband and they seem to really enjoy each other's company and do fun things like buy a foldy camper to go have fun adventures with each other.

Yep, I want to be limey.
In another timeline we are both Limey, I promise. I've met her - she's even more than you see on here.

I love fanny. There, I am proud to say it (meaning slightly different in the UK btw) Good on you Limes. Does this mean I don't have to take over your whole downstairs when I come to visit? I glory in it, but it's unfair to you & Mr Limey after all. But then I'd miss the catskins...

Oh, not fanny related, but this from Mum. Hope you take it the way it was meant.

Quote:
Give my love to [Limey]. I threw her hat away once I wasn’t using it in bed anymore. It was a Godsend for 5 months, day and night, but I didn’t want to keep seeing it every time I opened the drawer. That belongs to another Sheila.
I'm sorry she threw away a work of art that you worked on. But as you can see, it was for cathartic reasons.

BTW - if you & Mr L & fanny want to come to her 70th there is an invite dangling. I declined on your behalf without thinking, simply because of distance. But Mr Carruthers (who Mum adores and Dad admires when he remembers who he is - he is currently under the impression he's a serving officer in the RAF) is unable to be my +1. And I thought I'd have seen you by then anyway.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #34
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 View Post
That looks so stinkin' cozy!
Very cool!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
...there is an invite dangling...
I thought you were just happy to see us.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #36
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It's just the way I was standing...
Old 08-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #37
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSicomoro View Post
I want one of these: http://www.tab-rv.com/
Make your own!
Old 08-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #38
limey

Sundae - I quite understand why your mum threw the hat away, please not to worry on that score. It was appreciated and used when it was needed, and that's the most important thing. Thank your mum for the invite to her shindy but we will say no. Even though we can bring our own accommodation - it would be a three-nights-away-from-home jaunt and there is work and life and other stuff we have to be getting on with, I'm afraid.
You are the second of our putative visitors to ask if this is the new guest accommodation - we've not slept in her ourselves yet - the ah, plumbing arrangements, are not yet finalised. It is no hardship at all for us if you sleep in the big room downstairs, the cats will have easier access to you and the, ah, facilities are more sophisticated. Also we have another lounge/sitting room upstairs, as you know.

Spexx - the route to my route to Fanny started with teardrops because they are so cute to look at. But I don't fancy standing outside to cook, or indeed going outside to be able to stand up. The British (Scottish expecially) weather isn't reliably pleasant enough. But small and easily towed by a not-very-big-car were the ideas which I took from teardrop trailers as the starting point of my extensive internet research.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #39
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

When Limey said "easily pulled by a small car", it reminded me of this photo. This is the camper that is now the flat-bed utility trailer, intact, and, in use, as you can see.

Name:  Tempo Out West.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  73.1 KB

We pulled that trailer from south-central Kentucky to Denver with that Ford Tempo (4 cylinder/4 speed) in the pic. Went across the Rockies a couple times, too.

That car was a complete and total turd, in appearance, and performance. But it towed that camper admirably enough.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #40
glatt

That's what makes memories.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:08 PM   #41
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think that's Iron Springs Campground in Colorado. In/near the Uncompahgre Nat'l Forest.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #42
glatt

Looks familiar. I've stayed in a few places that looked like that.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:17 AM   #43
limey

So it's a whole voyage of discovery and we've not even gone anywhere yet.
Personal background: I drove a car and trailer once, a long while ago: other than that I have no experience. As a family we did some narrowboat holidays (in the early days of the genre): other than than I have no caravanning-like experience. I am reasonably practical, Mr L is not a mechanic by any stretch of the definition.

I have asked a couple of neighbours to check out one or two things for me. The farmer's Giant son from up the road took at look at Fanny's, er, fanny (chassis, underparts, undercarriage) and pronounced it pretty sound. He started to talk about grease nipples and in the process inadvertently explained to me how the braking system works (pressure on the towing coupling brings the trailer brakes into play - who knew!??!!). He has also kindly removed the spare wheel cage from under Fanny (we'll take the wheel with us, but roads and ferry ramps are so corrugated here that an extra low-clearance item like that is just more trouble than it's worth).

The fridge is three-way but I was wondering how you could tell if you'd lit the pilot for gas operation - YouTube was the answer here.

Still waiting for my electrician mate to nip up, but here's the question I want to ask: When on battery power we have only ONE light that works and no electric in any of the five (!) sockets. When on mains hook-up we have all three internal lights working, and power in all five sockets (and the fridge if we want). SO ... I wonder, if we use LED bulbs in all the internal lights, could it be wired so that all three lights would work from the battery as well as mains/hook-up? And so that we have power in at least (maybe just only) one of the sockets? Or would that be such a drain on the battery (I know it depends what we put in the socket, but think gadget recharging and you won't be far wrong. We have a wee gas cooker for kettle/hot water bottles/cooking).

Awaiting teh Cellar advice with interest.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #44
glatt

I bet those other lights that work off mains power are on different circuits. Changing the bulbs to LED wouldn't do anything for you.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #45
limey

Not as such, no. But rewiring then to work off the batteryand then changing the bulbs to LED would mean they'd drain the battery less .... no?

sent by thought transference