Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Juju's Place

Juju's Place Introspection, Lucidity, and Epiphanies

Old 01-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #31
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz
because she sees them as medicine
so........you guys are going to be those kind of parents that withold medicine and treatment from your kids and let 'em suffer, because you have a problem with it?

like those seventh day adventists, or the faith healers, right? aren't they the ones who ignore the marvels of medical science because they have those noble ideals???

babies cry when they have gas because......... it hurts.

if i had a graphical :smile: i'd put it here.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:33 AM   #32
jinx
Come on, cat.

Yeah, 'cause medicine never hurt anyone right? First do no harm. Just burp the kid....
Old 01-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #33
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by jinx
Yeah, 'cause medicine never hurt anyone right? First do no harm. Just burp the kid....
what??????????? i'm talking about something to relieve the gas that the child has. if she cries every time he burps her, then something's not going along correctly.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #34
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
so........you guys are going to be those kind of parents that withold medicine and treatment from your kids and let 'em suffer, because you have a problem with it?
I dunno.. it's too early to tell, I suppose. I actually used the gas drops several times in the past few days, since I didn't burp her well enough. I think Kathy just wants to be sure of the problem before she starts pumping medication down her throat.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:22 PM   #35
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:

what??????????? i'm talking about something to relieve the gas that the child has. if she cries every time he burps her, then something's not going along correctly.
Ah. I'm just not one of those that believes that the solution to every problem is a product. I doubt the baby has a gas drops deficiency, so I probably wouldn't go that route.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:54 PM   #36
juju
no one of consequence

It seems likely that some babies just have more gas than others, despite good burping. Sarah isn't so bad in this area -- my concern is mainly to not have her regurgitate all over me through poor burping.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #37
jinx
Come on, cat.

Gas and vomiting would make me want to examine her diet. Maybe she's just a gassy kid, or having a gassy stage - but if she's having trouble digesting a specific protein or sugar it would be better to figure that out as early as possible, imo of course...
Old 01-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #38
juju
no one of consequence

She doesn't really have bad gas. I believe Dar's daughter had bad gas, and so that's why she recommends the gas drops.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:48 PM   #39
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Kathy is afraid to give her gas drops, 'cause she sees it as medicine. I do have problems burping her, though. She screams like a banshee everytime I go to do it, and the entire time I'm doing it.
Quit hitting her so hard, you asshole! :)
Old 01-13-2004, 09:02 PM   #40
juju
no one of consequence

I thought about that... I don't really think that's it. Maybe, but I think she just doesn't like the interlude between feedings.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:01 PM   #41
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Nah, that can't be it. I know when I club my kids in the head they're usually quiet for hours. Oh wait... you mean when he's trying to burp her... uhm... oops. Nevermind.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #42
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Sorry I am a late comer to this thread. What I find interesting is that those sites have taken a medical condition and twisted the meaning of the word around. Colic as listed in the Webster dictionary: a paroxysm of acute abdominal pain localized in a hollow organ and often caused by spasm, obstruction, or twisting
Now I was raised on a farm, around horses and other livestock and colic was a very real problem with horses. It was not a word we used when the horse neighed a bit too much. Its a very real and dangerous condition where an animal might very well die. So my question is when did this word come to mean something else in parenting. If my doctor told me my baby had colic and he meant she cried allot you better be sure I am gonna hit the roof and give him a nice talking to about using words properly. Besides some babies cry more then others, it doesn't always mean something medical is wrong. I say raise your kids how you want to raise them, and don't let some parent whose only credential is that they actually had a kid tell you how to raise them.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #43
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigliadore
......and don't let some parent whose only credential is that they actually had a kid tell you how to raise them.
that's not my only credential. i went to college, flunked spanish a couple 'a times, mostly remember high school, and have a name badge and some business cards.

and i didn't have her. i stole her.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #44
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigliadore

Now I was raised on a farm, around horses and other livestock and colic was a very real problem with horses.
there ya go, juju... ya gotta curry her and give her some oats and maybe a sugar cube or an apple.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #45
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
She doesn't really have bad gas. I believe Dar's daughter had bad gas, and so that's why she recommends the gas drops.
yeah..i think freddie ate too fast, and gulped a lot of air. unless she got the gas problem from her dad, in which case she'll probably never have....... or never finish........ a date.

today is freddie's birthday.........she's 3!
Attached Images