The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #16
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

Not only get a good lawyer, but a better one than she may get.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not only get a evil lawyer, but a eviler one than she may get.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #18
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Well, the only thing about having no names is that I have pictures of myself on the cellar too. So she could prove that the account that posted that message was me just by the pictures. Honestly, I don't think she will go looking. She doesn't know any of my internet handles either, so I would be surprised if she found it. The only problem is if she did happen to find it (I found the cellar randomly after all) she would know it was me by the situation (I can't imagine it is very common), my location listed, and by looking at other posts by me (and seeing pictures of me). Which is why I wanted to delete some of the specific information from my post. Maybe all but the questions I asked.

The only thing about getting a lawyer is they are expensive... and we just can't afford it right now. But we will work towards it. I always knew that to do anything we would need a lawyer. But especially if I know something about want others have done in this situation will allow me to ask the lawyer the right questions and get things done quicker, and as a result, cheaper. Don't lawyers charge by the hour?

But anyways... thanks for the help!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #19
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Check out http://www.kansaslegalservices.org
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You might be able to get an initial meeting, to find out what you can do and how much it will cost, for little or nothing. That way you will know where you're at and can save for the solution instead.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #21
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Thanks SD. I will call them tomorrow and see what they can work out. I don't know if we will qualify as we aren't poor per se... we just have a lot of bills. But we will see if they can at least give us a discount so we can figure out what we will need to do. Even if it takes time to do it, I would sleep better at night if I had a plan of action to work towards. Right now everything is just up in the air. I am scared of the unknown...

That is a good idea Bruce... I will check into it as soon as I can.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #22
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

The price can be intimidating, but when you hire an attorney - you are paying for a few valuable things - peace of mind (priceless) and technically, they have to deal with all of the crap, not you.

While I am still trying to pass the bar exam of my current state... I have realized that cases like this do take a lot of work, but don't avoid hiring an attorney just because of the cost issues. You will regret it if you don't hire a lawyer because it could cost more in the long run. A good lawyer will usually work with you to make an appropriate fee arrangment.

Some day, I will be a practicing attorney. And if that day EVER comes, I hope that the lawyer jokes will cease and desist. haha, just kidding.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Like it's 99% of the lawyers that give the rest a bad name?