The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #4306
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I am not a doctor.

Having said that, I feel strongly that taking antibiotics "anyways" or "just in case" is a very bad idea. If I'm getting well under my own steam, I want to keep going like that. Making the "bugs" stronger by culling the weakest among them with the mostly superfluous antibiotics is a bad move, making them stronger in the long run. Making them worse to handle next time when I might need the help of the medicine.

Like I said, not a doctor.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:10 PM   #4307
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're not a doctor but you've been tapping the right information. Antibiotic resistant bugs have been growing exponentially. The latest hope I've seen is an antibiotic from Komodo Dragon's spit/blood.

It's tough for a GP when you've got a kid with an ear infection screaming, and parents yelling/pleading. Give 'em the fucking scrip and throw them out, so you can go home to some peace and quiet!
Or you have a cute Asian Chick with pleading eyes. Give her the fucking scrip and throw her out, while you've still got your license and marriage.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #4308
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I think the key here is that her "white blood count" was high which means she was still fighting an infection and could use a little help if it wasn't completely resolving itself. Infection can spread and symptoms return.

Note: I'm guessing that she means white blood cells in the urine since she provided a urine sample; but, didn't say anything about them drawing blood. End Note.

Keep in mind that antibiotic treatment for UTI in women is usually only 3-5 days and not for 7-14 days as in men.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #4309
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I totally see how taking antibiotics often is bad. I haven't been taking any since forever, so I figured this one time won't hurt much. And yes, it's for 5 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #4310
glatt

You don't need to explain yourself.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:37 PM   #4311
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I came back to the cellar after an 8 year hiatus, only for everything to be different. Not much activity, the general tone is somber. Makes me wish I'd come back much sooner. Did everyone but the hardcore dwellars leave? Are silly and frivolous thoughts and posts welcomed? How will I ever catch up with all that has happened while I was away? I don't even know where to put this, so here it is.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #4312
Iggy

Side note, I think Lol Bunny did right by listening to her doctors. UTIs love to come back if you don't kill them all the way, and I've developed a kidney infection trying to fight off a UTI without drugs. It got better, then a lot worse. YMMV
Hope you're feeling better now, Lola Bunny!
Old 06-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #4313
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

As UT says [paraphrasing], it's through participation that one makes the Cellar what they would like it to be. Post anything you want and see if others run with it. Sometimes, what's old becomes new again.

There have been changes, people change. UT regenerated a career, Beest and monster became US citizens, Clodfobble wrote a book, Glatt and Limey became our moderators, DanaC got her doctorate, Lumberjim is engaged, Dude111 is a time lord who joined, tw came out of the closet (we just haven't figured out which one), several peeps have sent their children off to college, and me...you'd have to read my name backwards to have a shot at remembering me (been here since April '06 and still just here for the entertainment).

You can still do anything you want except: try to harm the Cellar, use the Cellar for illegal activity; or, be intolerably irritating although in practical application that last one is negotiable if you've got a really good excuse. Have at it!

ETA: captainhook455 is LJ's pappy.

Last edited by sexobon; 06-29-2017 at 09:43 PM.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:30 PM   #4314
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

♫ You can post anything you want
♫ At Undertoad’s Cellar haunt.

I've made posts a few people read but didn't respond so it drifted off the bottom of the page with just one post. No interest, no harm, no foul.

Quote:
...(been here since April '06 and still just here for the entertainment).
Don't believe him, he's here for the entertainment but if he doesn't find enough he'll stir shit, and yank chains, until he gets it.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:06 AM   #4315
Iggy

Nothing wrong with being here for the entertainment.
Thanks for all the info! Last I was here LJ was with Jinx... So I definitely missed a lot there. I remember Sexobon now that I know to read it backwards... What is with all the name changes anyway? It took me some time to figure out who was who, and I'm not even positive I have it all figured out.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #4316
glatt

SpaceX launching a Tesla into orbit.

Just watched it live. they nailed the landing of two booster rockets that returned to Cape Canaveral.

Name:  spaceX.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  33.7 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #4317
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I feel the need.

The need...

...for weed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #4318
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Me too.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #4319
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I don't know if this will post, because I can't see this one thread at all.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #4320
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I am looking forward to using my new machete on the ivy in the front yard when I get home

Tags
dum, oh the whorror