The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #46
blue
Operations Operative

Breaking News! (well not water breaking breakingnews Breaking News, but news all the same).

Details at 11 if I can stay awake (damn power went out, so I actually accidentally got up at 3:30am), if not..Breaking News! sometime before noon tomorrow, unless I get roped into my nephews grad party, then it will be Breaking News! sometime this weekend. Jesus..I just need 72 hours of sleep maybe.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:11 PM   #47
blue
Operations Operative

Well I'll be damned!! I got the job.

Life has finally slowed down a little bit, so here's what happened:

Outfit A (OA) called me out of the blue to see if I wanted a sales job. Said no, but weird coincidence, I was just walking back from the mailbox sending you a resume for another job (really happened). Well, she said, we'll butt heads and get back to you. Yeah right.

OA calls me next monday, brief talk, set up interview the next day. I show up, he doesn't. Bummer. Towards the end of work the next day I call him, he hasn't called yet. Lets do it today? Yep. I show up, no him. Waited a half hour, getting very pissed, about 5 minutes away from making a scene, he shows up.

OK, the next part you read above. OA called today, job offered, offer accepted. Notice given. I am very happy about it, and relieved too. But not all that excited....I feel like I should be more excited? And let me stress, I am VERY HAPPY, and VERY RELIEVED.

Well I'll think on it more tomorrow, don't get me wrong this is what I have been waiting for for quite a few months. Maybe I'm just so totally mellow and tired. My wife's reaction was quite the opposite, I won't describe it but lets just say she was a happy girl and I won't forget the look on her face for quite awhile.

4 months to the day almost (I was working, but not career type thing), if you would have told me 4 months ago that it would take me 4 months to find a real job I probably woulda smacked you upside the head.

But it's cool, I wanted something different, and this is very different. More money than I would have expected too. I think my lack of excitement is maybe apprehension, I will go into this job without the confidence I always have because it is in a totally different field.

But hey, fuck it! I'm back on top, wife is happy, it will probably suck for the first 6 months, then I'll be probably be the best guy in the building.

Thanks to those of you for your wishes and thoughts...I did get it off my chest. If anything interesting happens I'll post it here first.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Good news, blue. You'll do fine. LJ will coach you.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:46 PM   #49
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Good news, blue. You'll do fine. LJ will coach you.
How do you know what you know you sly bastard?

I pretty much owe it all to LJ and his unbelievable restraint and foresight.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:09 AM   #50
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Oh dear.

Congrats on the new gig!!

Can't wait to hear the details, once there are some.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:42 AM   #51
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Originally posted by blue
Quote:
I pretty much owe it all to LJ ...
We just might have to reconsider the "occasionally" tag.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:26 AM   #52
blue
Operations Operative

Dangit, I couldn't find the head scratch one. What do you mean?
Old 06-26-2004, 03:58 PM   #53
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Originally posted by blue
Quote:
Dangit, I couldn't find the head scratch one. What do you mean?
Shortly after LJ performed a DrPhilOstomy on catwoman in the "I know this isn't Oprah" thread, she bestowed upon him the tag of "occasionally wise."

Since LJ seems to be on a roll these days, I thought maybe he was due for an upgrade from occasionally to something like "more than now and then" or "less often than frequently but more frequent than sometimes."
Old 06-27-2004, 01:57 AM   #54
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Are you sure it's not evil cast upon unsettled and confused souls? A false light at the end of dead end tunnel?