The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
BRING IT ON, YOU HOBKNOCKER!
She's got hobknockers? Is that like those things that Madonna wears?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
What do you think will happen to posts if an account is removed? ...
The Administrator can remove a user profile from the public board, so not even registered users can access it to search for threads or posts by that user, while leaving all of the posts intact and they will still show up in searches using parameters other than that username.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

So it's a roundabout way to make it hard to search? What's the point?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
sexobon

Previously posted info may now be detrimental because you're on the outs with someone who knows that Cellar username.

Casual cross-referencing of usernames may enable investigators to research all of them in background checks, especially federal agencies that require access to your personal computer (FBI did this with my niece) before granting a security clearance necessary for employment.

Stalking can be thwarted (that's what UT did for me).

And believe it or not, sometimes people just want a fresh start after youthful indiscretions especially if previously posting as a minor and later making the request as an adult.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #35
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Are you saying that raugaj is still around?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #36
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
And believe it or not, sometimes people just want a fresh start after youthful indiscretions especially if previously posting as a minor and later making the request as an adult.
However, Drax has assured us he is an adult and has been for some time, so no problem. Right?

Sockpuppets are an intrinsic part of the Cellar. I'm with Dana on that. If you don't like it for what it is...... remember the bar analogy? It's like walking into a brewpub and demanding they only serve Miller Lite because that's all you can handle. Plus how to distinguish a sockpuppet from another dweller with the same IP? There are 2.1 dwellars here.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
What about you, jimhelm?
What about me? I stopped using Lumberjim for a while after jinx and I split up... For several reasons. Using my real name was a way for me to focus on being accountable for the things I said.

I enjoy using different user names for humor or relevance or to suit my mood. Think of them as outfits or hairstyles.... Beards even.

I think you think that a new user name will somehow change the way you are perceived here. Are you embarrassed by the things you've posted as drax and datalyss?

We still love you, bro. We know you a little bit and it's all good. Use whichever name you feel most like using. Don't try to fool us though. Not for real. We will figure you out eventually. I'm using 'we' rather freely here. To be clear, I only speak for myself. There was no meeting, and I do not have a mouse in my pocket. Nor am I a Royal.

Anyway, take marichiko for example. She is a skilled liar, and went to extreme measures to re create herself as Sam I Am. I suspected, but could not prove her identity for more than a year, but she eventually slipped. She had changed some, and kept the tall tales in check for a good long while... But eventually her scent came through.

I'm saying, you are who you are. If you want to change how you are perceived, change what you present. Not the label on it.

I figure you feel like you don't get enough respect. I admit I do enjoy giving you wedgies. I know that you are chronologically near my age, but I think you are much younger emotionally. I understand that your life situation has created this. Mostly not your fault, but I just can't seem to make allowances for it when we interact. I don't think that would be good for you anyway. You've clearly got loving parents that provide you with a safe home and all that. They quite likely center their lives around your special needs.

But the result of the situation you are in, loving though it may be, is that you are less equipped to deal with negative reactions from others. You get angry quickly if teased. Very much like a teenager. You choose TV programs that are full of characters 25 years younger than you. These are just a couple of the strokes of the paintbrush that create my mental perception of who you are. There are other things, but I think you get the drift. It all says to me that you are stuck in a stage of emotional development due to the situation your physical disability has put you in.

I can't fault your parents for indulging you. I have not walked in their shoes at all, so please don't take any of this as judgement on them.

The main thing here is that we do accept you for who you are. Or we would, if you would share it. Tell us more about your daily. Show us some pictures of mom and dad. Be real, and so will we.

Oh, and don't stop getting mad when monster and I tease you. It's your honest reaction, and you are who you are. Plus, it's hella funny.

So that's my psychoanalysis of drax. Please, please, please don't take offense. I just spent a whole hour of my busy life thinking about you. I like you, and I want to be your friend. Feel free to return the favor, and tell me about myself. I won't get mad.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #38
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
Think of them as outfits or hairstyles.... Beards even.
Did you just come out, cuz yer girlfriend should have been told first...
Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #39
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Yeah, I just came out.

Out of your sisters bedroom!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #40
monster
I hear them call the tide

sister's bedroom.... I lolled
Old 10-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #41
John Sellers
Banned

My sincere apologies to everyone. Clearly no one likes my suggestion, so you'll see no more suggestions from me. Every admin has their own way of running his/her board. If Tony doesn't mind a buncha sockpuppets clogging up his member database, and therefore taking up hard drive space, then who am I to argue?

I [b]especially[b] apologize to Dana for calling her a hobknocker. It was mean and uncalled for,,, and after looking it up at Urban Dictionary, it apparently means something a tad less gross than what I always thought, but still would be anatomically impossible for Dana.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #42
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
If Tony doesn't mind a buncha sockpuppets clogging up his member database, and therefore taking up hard drive space, then who am I to argue?
Take a look at the dweller list. It's kind of fun. Anyway, there's a huge number of registered dwellers that show up once or twice then never (or seldom) post again. Sock aren't even a drop in the bucket compared to the cellar ghosts.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #43
John Sellers
Banned

Whut's the difference 'tween sockpuppets, cellar ghosts, and "Anonymous?" Srsly, I don't know...and neither would a newbie Dwellar.

I gotta hand it to ya' tho. This is one of the things that differentiates The Cellar from most other boards.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #44
sexobon

sockpuppets are chewy, cellar ghosts are crunchy, and anonymous is indescribably delicious ...
Old 10-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #45
Nirvana
Back in 10

and all completely appropriate for this time of year! Trick or Treat!