The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

What the fuck is wrong with New York City Mayor Michael Rubens Bloomberg?

Well?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I...don't......know?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
glatt

I'll tell you what's wrong with him. The bozo puts ice cubes in his beer. WTF?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Don't you get you no big old drink at Teh Booger King. Next: you can only order three individual french fries (not packs...fries) and half a Whooper at a time. That'll solve a lot.

Just go inside and get free refills on a small. Like we haven't figured that out already.

Does it apply to diet drinks? "Oh, you're drinking DIET coke? Here, have a keg of it." (cue arguments about how bad diet pop is for you...like I give a fuck and will listen to those who presume to be the deciders of what I put into my body, or take out of it.)

Quote:
Broad public health initiatives have become a hallmark of Bloomberg's administration. Under Bloomberg, the city has banned trans fats from restaurants, smoking from parks, and has placed graphic ads targeting junk food and tobacco in public transit.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/31/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
Broad public big brother has to watch because we're so stoooopid acts have become a hallmark of Bloomberg's administration. Under Bloomberg, the city has banned trans fats from restaurants, smoking from parks, and has placed graphic ads targeting junk food and tobacco in public transit.
FTFT

NEXT UP: New York City Mayor Bloomingidiotberg to issue MREs to all citizens: no other food or drink will be available for purchase.

Last edited by infinite monkey; 05-31-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: forgot link I quoted ;)
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
henry quirk

infinite monkey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
infinite monkey

I know, right?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Soda is bad. mmmkay.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
infinite monkey

Bad? Man, it's worse than bad. It's instant fucking death in a can (or a handy 20 oz bottle.) Bad bad bad. Nuclear attacks got nuttin' on a frothy cold pop.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
glatt

It's ridiculous for the government to be getting involved at this level, but this level is getting pretty ridiculous too.

Name:  big-gulp2.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  24.9 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
infinite monkey

Bobcat Goldthwait, stand up routine, taking yet another can of Tab from his bench: see, I can drink a six pack of these and not say to a cop (spitting liquid and slurring and stumbling and snotting--you know what I'm talkin' 'bout): fuckin' blow me, fuck pig, blah blah blahhh.

Maybe that cup is filled with water and angel juice and health bubbles and love.

Imma rendition my old thought that cops should just gun people down as they leave the bars. Now I also think we should gun down people drinking big gulps. We need tough legislation, them's some crazy wacked out pop drinkin consumers out there.

I mean, fuck crackwhores and cokeheads and the homeless lulling and rolling about the streets, Mayor Bloompurge...we HAVE to get this pop drinkin' in LINE. Then there will be hope for the homeless and the insane and the hardcore drug users.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Look how malnourished that girl is. Those toothpick thin arms combined with high corn syrup and zero nutrition soda. A poster child for what threatens NYC.

Within maybe the next decade or generation, NYC can expect about 1 million new diabetics. Over one in eight diabetics. Obesity, malnutrition, and diabetes created by junk foods has become epidemic and unchecked.

When I was growing up, soda was not a whole aisle in the supermarket. Cookies were not another aisle. And potato chips did not have another aisle. We never had such crappy food in the cafeteria. Never had liquid turds called cola. We did not live off of shit that girl has implanted on her lips.

NYC has a looming health epidemic. One third of all kids are now obese. One third of kids are fatter than the fattest kid I went to school with.

That girl is just another example of what happens when eating junk. She already has serious health problems. She looks like a model – a model of sickly malnutrition.

The same myopia also criticized NYC for building massive clean water projects. Meanwhile Philadelphia said that was silly. Philadelphia gets its water from the SureKill River. As a result, NYC with wasteful spending on water, has major growth. Has a population with higher intelligence levels. Philadelphia has no growth because its mayor ignored health issues.

Last edited by tw; 05-31-2012 at 12:00 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
henry quirk

"...1 million new diabetics...(o)besity, malnutrition...a looming health epidemic...(o)ne third of all kids are now obese...serious health problems..."

So what?

Not my *problem.

Bloomberg needs to mind his own damned business and keep his hands to himself.

*only becomes my problem when (1) some jackass tries to punish 'all' for the stupidity of 'some', and, (2) when some jackass tries to make me pay for the stupid person's medical care. #1 will see Bloomberg out of office (problem solved...at least until the next jackass comes along); #2 is not an issue for me 'cause I didn't pay yesterday, ain't payin' today, won't pay tomorrow.

Now get outta my way: I have 20 cigarettes to smoke and gallons of coffee to drink...
Old 05-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Why all the outrage? He was just following Michelle's example.

aside/solving the obesity issue will virtually solve our healthcare cost issues/aside
Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Look how malnourished that girl is. Those toothpick thin arms combined with high corn syrup and zero nutrition soda. A poster child for what threatens NYC.

Within maybe the next decade or generation, NYC can expect about 1 million new diabetics. Over one in eight diabetics. Obesity, malnutrition, and diabetes created by junk foods has become epidemic and unchecked.

When I was growing up, soda was not a whole aisle in the supermarket. Cookies were not another aisle. And potato chips did not have another aisle. We never had such crappy food in the cafeteria. Never had liquid turds called cola. We did not live off of shit that girl has implanted on her lips.

NYC has a looming health epidemic. One third of all kids are now obese. One third of kids are fatter than the fattest kid I went to school with.

That girl is just another example of what happens when eating junk. She already has serious health problems. She looks like a model – a model of sickly malnutrition.

The same myopia also criticized NYC for building massive clean water projects. Meanwhile Philadelphia said that was silly. Philadelphia gets its water from the SureKill River. As a result, NYC with wasteful spending on water, has major growth. Has a population with higher intelligence levels. Philadelphia has no growth because its mayor ignored health issues.
She looks like a model of sickly malnutrition because she pukes up anything she actually does eat. Or maybe (OMG) she's just a naturally thin person. They exist. Especially in one's teens. It's easy to be tiny when you haven't become a woman yet.

What's in that cup tw? Do you know?

I never thought you as the type to want the govt to legislate every single freaking thing on earth. Soon, we won't be able to leave our houses because everything, EVERYTHING, is dangerous.

Me? I'll die happily with my diet coke, maybe some Miller Lite, a couple Marlboro's and it's my right and it's legal to do so. For the illegal let's throw in some primo California Doc-pot and I've all my bases covered. Yeeee freaking HAAAAAA.

"She died doing what she loved!"

"What? Reading? Sailing? Climbing Everest? Healing the sick?"

"No silly, smokin' and drinkin her face off. Good on her!"

(deep bow left, deep bow right, deep bow center)

So some of you may think me a heathen but why would YOU care, if I'm safe out in public with a big old diet coke, how much of it I consume? Don't worry, your BIG TAX PAYING SELF won't be paying for my ulcer care. My own insurance from my own job will.

kthxbai

I thought so many of you want really tiny government that you can fit on the head of a pin as it passes through the eye of a needle. When? How? What are the exact conditions for when we are BIG and when we are small?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
henry quirk

"...solving the obesity issue will virtually solve our healthcare cost issues..."

A low-to-no-cost solution already exists: death.

#

IM:

Tags
abandon hope, get yo dick out my cola!, holier than sow, jackassery, mind your own business, nosey parker, schmuck