The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 12-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #16
busterb
NSABFD

I think the closes Joe's to me is Houston, TX. I'll pass. But, I got some Irish cheese from Sam's that was damn good.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Its about 1/2 mile if I walk and still less than a mile if I drive... but that SS stuff needs to get done and I fired my elf.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #18
busterb
NSABFD

S ame here new keyboard. That's the damn space SS has not made a move here also!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:01 PM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

Got some!

That store was furkin crazy tonight. I'd'a walked out if I wasn't on a mission.....
Old 12-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #20
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

No Trader Joe's within 90 miles, but next time I'm in that neighborhood I'll be on a mission! The local grapevine says a Trader's is to be built only 35 miles away, in the city where I'll be working come January - bit of a delay, but I'll check that out too.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, so I slog the whole 4.5 miles to Trader Joes in Media, and it wasn't easy. There was construction on the Manchester Ave bridge over Ridley Creek, and a detour on East Knowlton, it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to get there. If that wasn't bad enough it took me another 4 or 5 minutes to find a parking spot right by the door.

Then I had to walk all the way down to the cheese section which must be over 100 feet. But the cheese wasn't there, sixty eleven other cheeses but no Arran Cheddar. So I accosted a girl working there, demanding she satisfy my desire. She took me into a back room and searched Joe's computer files, but couldn't satiate my lust. She suggested I try the woman in the office, saying maybe she could satisfy my desires. I headed that way, but the girl caught up with me saying she found it on the computer but this store didn't have it. Probably she was too distracted when I was standing close.

The woman in the office said she'd be happy to try to satisfy my lust. I told her that would forestall my from reporting to my Arran agent that Joe wasn't
doing a proper marketing job. So she locate the cheese at the Delaware store, telling me she didn't know the address but it's right on 202.

Rte 202 area in Delaware, snuggled up against Pennsylvania, but with no sales tax, is shopping galore. A divided highway ranging from 4 to 8 lanes
lined with gigantic shopping centers. These shopping centers have signs by the road with the major stores listed. After a couple passes and asking 3 people(hey, just because I asked for directions doesn't make me less manly), I finally located it in a shopping center with Target and a Billion other stores, but no signs on 202.

My family from the time my mother was a toddler, would trek to the Crowley cheese factory in Vermont. You might have seen it on "Dirty Jobs". They made cheddar that was superb, mild to extra sharp, in 33 lb wheels and 5lb wheels flavored with sage. Over the years and many miles, trying cheese from coast to coast, I've never found anything close to that cheesy goodness... until now. I admit out of all the cheeses I've sampled, I'm partial to Cheddar, and god damn, this Arran cheddar is the real deal, as good as it gets.

From the labeling this is Trader Joes own brand. I wonder if the bring it over in bulk and package it here to save shipping costs, or provide labels for the Scots to package it there? I've no idea if cheese is marketed in Scotland, or the UK, in 249 gram(8.8 oz) packages?
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #22
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Sent by thought transference
Old 12-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #23
monster
I hear them call the tide

I hope you're on commission, Limey!
Old 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

You went to classicman's Trader Joe. I was planning on hitting the one in Gateway Shopping center next time I go to Amanda's via 202, but a search shows one in Marlton 6 miles from here. I may pop over there tomorrow on the way to work.

Bruce, did you ever go to the Ye Olde Cheese Shoppe in Gap, Pa? They have a real REAL good selection of cheddars. I got some Irish cheese there that still stands out in my memory 5 years later.

It's on 41 just a 1/4 mile south of 30.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #25
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

OK if that work happened on Sunday, you passed two morons going the other way, to the new Wegman's on 202.

Well we wanted their chuck roast. It's good chuck roast. Trader Joe's doesn't have chuck roast like that.

Now I'm motivated, was the Wayne store one of the options? I could just pick up the phone and call the Wayne store and find out, couldn't I?

ETA which one of us is going to call, Jim? I vote you call. No me ugh
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #26
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Calling the Marlton store now. Jeff is checking.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

ok cool ask him if the wayne store has it, they can apparently cross check
Old 12-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #28
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

NOICE.

He's only got 2 left, but they are on hold for me to pick up tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #29
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'm just going over to the wayne store. I'm just gonna go there. I'm so retarded.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #30
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Calling Wayne for you you big sissy. Rebecca is checking now

Last edited by lumberjim; 12-07-2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: taking back calling you fag