The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #16
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
It pisses me off that they are calling terrorists "militia groups" Fuck all of them.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #17
monster
I hear them call the tide

it is a little crazy up here today......
Old 10-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #18
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
So he acknowledged a salute. That means we should fight one of four civil wars? Have you been drinking the Hydroxychloroquine again?
Reading comprehension, not astigmatic filter, please: "...we were engaged in a great civil war..."

I am both pleased and displeased that you continue in your hobby of rolling in your own shit, and being stupid, stupefied, and antihistorical whenever you think it will be convenient -- hence dishonest.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:57 PM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
they are calling terrorists "militia groups"
that was one of my first thoughts.

I'm sure skin color isn't an issue though. Especially as the president now appears to be even darker than before. Not quite sure how those boys look quite so white after a summer in Michigan though -they must have a good skin care routine with high SPF moisturizers. Or have been hunkered down in an underground bunker praying or something....
Old 10-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #20
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Some of the red people are seemingly intelligent, one of them is a science teacher with an LGBTQ daughter and a military vet son, it's surprising to me that he supports Trump who is anti science, anti LGBTQ, and anti military.
Three errors of fact in a single clause. Is that some kind of personal best, foot?

Quote:
A couple of the nicest folks I know around here, who are inexplicably red, did not put up their usual political signs this year-something very out of character- I'm assuming that after the last four years supporting Trump became a bridge too far.
There is nothing inexplicable about it: they like prosperity and the general welfare -- which means no restraint of trade. The Trump Administration has done nothing but remove the dead hand of overregulation, which somebody superstitiously thought should be kept in place, and enhanced a worldwide competitiveness (even in the face of other nations' non-level playing fields) to the effect of cratering unemployment among every identifiable population group -- all the minorities prospered, all the majorities prospered. No rights either civil or human were abrogated, as was loudly and for years incessantly claimed by the prejudiced hemipygians who wanted that abominable Mistress of Corruption.

Buuuut... you don't seem to believe you're part of the economy. You really ought to abandon that kind of thinking -- the real demands it.

Trump didn't get my vote -- the first time. Then he started doing all these libertarian things, most directly in reducing the footprint of the state.

This action has made xoxoxoBruce gibber. Guess he isn't in the economy either. Certainly, no businessman.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:28 PM   #21
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Maybe we follow different news sources, UG
Old 10-08-2020, 10:43 PM   #22
Urbane Guerrilla

Mine are news. Yours are adrip with prejudice if they're bringing your mind to its present state. Don't you think you could do better? It would magnificently broaden your mind.

As the soul of being unprejudiced, I recommend finding the Larry Elder Show on your radio. He comes at things from a libertarian point of view, and has the most sensible views of race relations you're going to find.

I also recommend Mark Levin's a radio show for its intellectual power. His books concentrate this further.

Ben Shapiro also has a show, and I've two of his excellent books, one a quick history of the philosophy of Western Civ and why we should not lose it, no how.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post

As the soul of being unprejudiced, I recommend...
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! What a comedian!
Old 10-09-2020, 06:18 AM   #24
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Maybe we follow different news sources, UG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Mine are news. Yours are adrip with prejudice if they're bringing your mind to its present state. Don't you think you could do better? It would magnificently broaden your mind.

As the soul of being unprejudiced, I recommend finding the Larry Elder Show on your radio. He comes at things from a libertarian point of view, and has the most sensible views of race relations you're going to find.

I also recommend Mark Levin's a radio show for its intellectual power. His books concentrate this further.

Ben Shapiro also has a show, and I've two of his excellent books, one a quick history of the philosophy of Western Civ and why we should not lose it, no how.
Those are not news sources.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:55 AM   #25
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

They certainly are.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #26
Griff
still says videotape

Those are commentators. Like Rachel Maddow they spin current events to match their ideology. That is not news.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

LOL all news today spins current events to match their ideology
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #28
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
LOL all news today spins current events to match their ideology
We argued this realityeven in the days (ie 2003) when Saddam did not have WMDs. You made that claim. Which explains why George Jr was ignored. George Jr conceded that Saddam clearly did not have WMDs. UT still insisted those WMDs existed.

Meanwhile one with a variety of moderate news sources (including Peter Jennings who UT mocked) knew, before "Shock and Awe", that Saddam clearly did not have WMDs.

Anyone who listens to Fox News, et al wants to be brainwashed by propaganda. Fox routinely tells one what to think. Does not provide other perspectives. Never says why their claims should be believed.

Fox does exactly what Radio Moscow did when I would listen in the early 1960s. Fox does exactly what my father did to prove that smoking cigarettes increases health. He targeted people with single dimensional perspectives. People who are most easily manipulated due to their information sources and emotional attitude. People who Limbaugh also targets.

People who do not mock Trump's "alternative facts".

Limbaugh said (on KDKA Pittsburgh) that the news is too complex (a lie). So he would tell us what to know. No wonder Limbaugh ordered his brainwashed disciples to know Saddam had WMDs. And that Covid is only another influenza (a lie). People who worship that Fox News lie (that all news is biased) are constantly misinformed. Even foolishly post that global warming does not exist - because Fox says so. And because Trump said, "Its going to get cooler. Trust me."

The Great Liar said so. It must be true. We need no other news sources. Brainwashing is routine when one swallows extremist Kool-Aid.

He went to a Pizza shop with an AK-47 to liberate children in the basement. When learned no basement exists (because extremist news lied to him), did he blame himself? Of course not. He watched Fox News. So he denied by saying, "Bad intelligence." Reality. He listens to Fox News, et al. No intelligence. Fox News exists only to promote extremist rhetoric - juts like Radio Moscow in the USSR.

UT refused to admit Saddam's WMDs did not exist. Because Fox News (not honest news services) was his information source. Also explains the 40% so brainwashed as to think Trump is an honest man. Brainwashing just like what happened in 1930s Germany.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #29
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

For example, I am basing my anti-science statement on the actions of the administration, not the ideas of a commentator from either side.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #30
Griff
still says videotape

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/92231...-militia-world

Michigan Domestic Terror Plot Sends Shockwaves Through Militia World
Croft, one of 13 men charged Thursday in connection with a domestic terrorism plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, was a visible figure on the message boards and Facebook pages of the so-called Patriot Movement. NPR interviews with associates who know him from that world portray a power-hungry figure whose angling for stature was unsettling at times. Now that Croft is in custody and his connections under scrutiny, their fear is: Who's next?

NPR couldn't reach an attorney for Croft, and it was impossible to verify the militia members' accounts independently. Croft's social media presence backs up their descriptions of him as an avid President Trump supporter and an activist for right-wing causes. In one photo, Croft is wearing an American Revolutionary tricorn and a green hoodie with a Three Percent logo. SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors extremist propaganda, posted a video that purportedly shows Croft, speaking from his garage, mocking people who dismiss him as a conspiracy theorist.

These kooks are well represented hereabouts. There was a Patriot Meeting sign up at the Paraco building in Choconut PA for a couple days a week ago. We had a big explosion heard 100 miles into PA centered near South Apalachin NY in December of '16, unrelated to our core industries of stone quarrying and meth labs. When government by the GOP minority ends I expect some shit to go down, how much is a question.