The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Suppository.
Can you help me out with that? Don't forget the HAZMAT suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Dude, are you wanting to get high, or just want the benefit of the weed without the buzz?
What is this "without the buzz" of which you speak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Instead of lighting it on fire, vaporizers heat air going through the material until the active ingredients become vapor. They vaporize at a lower temperature than gets produced when the material is lit.
Tried this, did not work. My old smoking buddy (like high school old) has an unknown issue with his lungs. Neither of us had smoked for 10 or more years. Recently, I bought some, and when we lit up, he coughed to the point where he couldn't breathe. We had access to a vaporizer, but he had the same reaction.

We tried tea (blech!) which didn't work. I checked on line and got some ideas - the butter does sound easiest, Foot - but I knew I would get invaluable info from you folks.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon;884967[url
http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/100054-spaghetti-marijuana.html[/url]
Thanks. Looks yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
but when it does it is intense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
... Eating it, you're committed. If you happen to have a strong batch, or you happen to be particularly susceptible to the effects on that night, then you can end up getting a lot higher than you might want to be.

In that sense it's almost more like a trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Some friends in college, all newbies, baked a big batch of brownies based on an online recipe. They all spent the next 24 hours vomiting. Be careful with ingesting.
It's been so long that I have some anxiety about all these things.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The other way is to warm it a little and crumble into a yoghurt.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
It's been so long that I have some anxiety about all these things.
If you're already anxious...

...heeeere's your sign.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Instead of lighting it on fire, vaporizers heat air going through the material until the active ingredients become vapor. They vaporize at a lower temperature than gets produced when the material is lit.
Yeah, been smoking dope for over thirty years, I know how vaporizers work...

Boiled right down, vapor is vapor, was kinda my leaning, there.

It's still smoke. And he said he didn't wanna smoke, is all I was getting at.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Tobacco smokers smokin' those e-cigs indoors, is what I noticed, you notice that?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Not in our bars/restaurants. They will, and do, ask you to leave.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

fuckin nazis
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I keep an e cig I'm my office for when I'm too busy to pop out back for a smoke between deals. I find that what I actually like about going out back after a deal is the 4 minutes of no one bugging me for every little goddamned Fucking thing.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #25
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Oh, and spex....

Eating thc laced food is not fun. You get way too high for way too long. It comes in waves like adrenaline rushes. Last time I did it was July 4th 08 or 9....at 5pm I ate half a cookie. ... waited 45 minutes, nothing. Ate another half...at 6:30 I wondered if they were bunk...by 7pm, my eyes were pink, my mouth was dry and sticky, and I was afraid to light a bottle rocket. I spent the next 5 hours gripping the arms of my chair and doing deep breathing exercises to get through the waves of panic that crashed over me. I remember it being 1 am and wondering if it would ever end. At that point I ate another dinner and Shit began to calm down again.

Whoever said it is more like tripping is right. Maybe if I had been playing Frisbee, or Hackey Sack, I would have dealt better. ... but hiding up in our fortress of solitude was a tense endeavor. I'll never eat it again, to be sure.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #26
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
...I spent the next 5 hours gripping the arms of my chair and doing deep breathing exercises to get through the waves of panic that crashed over me. I remember it being 1 am and wondering if it would ever end.
Fuck! That's why I stopped smoking in the early 80s. I really don't want to go there again. I might have to smoke this myself and my friend will have to figure himself out.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Suppository.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Can you help me out with that? Don't forget the HAZMAT suit.
Supposin' I do?

I will help you smoke it, really. I'd do that for you, my friend.

And I don't know about y'all with your "I ate some and I thought I was on acid for 4 days" stuff. I think you must be buying it from 1986. Does eatin' it make it stronger?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #28
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Suppository.
...and for all the good it did me I might just as well have shoved it up my ass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Oh, and spex....

Eating thc laced food is not fun. You get way too high for way too long. It comes in waves like adrenaline rushes. Last time I did it was July 4th 08 or 9....at 5pm I ate half a cookie. ... waited 45 minutes, nothing. Ate another half...at 6:30 I wondered if they were bunk...by 7pm, my eyes were pink, my mouth was dry and sticky, and I was afraid to light a bottle rocket. I spent the next 5 hours gripping the arms of my chair and doing deep breathing exercises to get through the waves of panic that crashed over me. I remember it being 1 am and wondering if it would ever end. At that point I ate another dinner and Shit began to calm down again.

Whoever said it is more like tripping is right. Maybe if I had been playing Frisbee, or Hackey Sack, I would have dealt better. ... but hiding up in our fortress of solitude was a tense endeavor. I'll never eat it again, to be sure.
Ohh hell yes.

I once made a huge batch of brownies with some ditch weed my buddy and I had. Like a few ounces. We ate a brownie and nothing, half hour later we ate another. still nothing, so we smoked some hash and forgot about the brownies until an hour or so later when we got the munchies and ate the entire pan of brownies.

NOT GOOD. I was seriously bugging, horrible horrible experience. I was terrified of everything. I walked home at 3:00 am in the middle of the street because I was sure I was going to be jumped from behind a car or tree. I slept it off for a couple of days.
Fucking horrible.

Go slowly and figure out a dose incrementally. Allow several hours to peak.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #29
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

And make sure you have some unadulterated munchies about..
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Can't you just put it in sugar cubes? Mary Poppins said that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down and she was always flying in a most delightful way.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote