The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

What frightened the living daylights out of you this week?

I hope nothing did, so this thread won't last very long.

However, earlier this week I got the train into town and boarded right at the front.
I was just about to sit down and noticed that the only other occupant of that section of the carriage was a skinny chap with long, straggly pitch black hair.
He was in a somewhat animated phone conversation.
He suddenly leapt to his feet, charged at me and screamed in my face.
I swiftly took a couple of paces backwards and kept going.

The noise caused the driver to emerge from his compartment and shout at the man distracting his attention from me and he turned back towards his seat.
At that point he gathered up his possessions and left the train and the doors shut swiftly behind him.
As the train moved off the miscreant was still in animated phone conversation and his face was contorted in anger.

When the train arrived at my destination I went and expressed my thanks to the driver for putting in an appearance at the right time.
I can't say that the incident has preoccupied my every waking hour, but I have gone through a lot of 'what if' scenarios.
Mercifully, I wasn't punched or kicked, wasn't hacked to pieces with a machete, nor stabbed with a knife or syringe, so in a sense it's 'all's well that ends well'.

I was soon on my way back and on exiting my home station about an hour after the event, I noticed a British Transport Police vehicle parked outside.
Whether the bloke had continued to cause trouble, I don't know, but the BTP are rarely seen in our locality whereas in London they are a constant presence.

Anyway, a restorative mug of tea soothed one's nerves when I got home.