The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
ThatGuy
Keeper of the Decorum

Single again......

So I don't know if you all remember me since it's been a while since I've been on. But after all the drama at my job ended which has been a few months now. Well I never told my wife about all that happened because I didn't think I should because I didn't want her to doubt me specially since nothing happened and I didn't lose my job over that craziness. Well for the last week or so she had been acting kinda of distant and strange and last night I came home from work to find her pretty drunk and crying in the living room oh and two suitcases packed. I thought that someone in our family had passed or something and I thought she packed already so we could so I guessed. But it turns out that she had been having an affair for the last couple of months and last night she decided to clear her concience of it all and come clean about it. And after she tells me she put down the glass of wine practically ran out to her car with the bags and left. WTF!!!! Anybody else ever had this happen? I've never been cheated on...that I know of at least. And this so surprising to me. Here I thought all was well. Like it still hasn't even clicked that she's gone. I'm like in denial about it all......I need someone to talk to. I don't want to break it to my family yet or speak about it to anyone close. Do I just accept this? Do I fight? I still love her more than I could ever say. But I keep picturing her with just like random men. I couldn't even go to work today cause I got absolutely plastered last night cause I just couldn't sleep.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

holy shit.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Shine a light, that's horrible. I don't know what to say really. I am not sure there is a 'right' or 'wrong' way to handle this. But I don't see you've much choice but to accept it at the moment. At least for now.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

That sucks. It sounds like she has been mentally apart for some time. You should look into counseling. No matter where this goes from here you'll want to talk it out.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
ThatGuy
Keeper of the Decorum

I know this is so fucked up. Specially after doing the best I could to be faithful and a be a good husband and friend and all that. And then bam! I feel like such a dumbass. I just keep asking myself how I didn't notice her change. She just hid it so well. But the worst is that she won't answer my emails or texts or phone calls. I have no way of communicating with her it's so damn frustrating. I can't get any answers or an explenation. Nothing!! I was down and depressed as hell last night. But now I'm just down right pissed. And as far as counceling goes I'm all for it. I'll fo anything. But it's just scary. I don't think I could ever truly trust her again. Right now I can't even stop imaginig her fucking some other man. It's all I can think about. This is so fucked up.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

seems like a big kharmatic whammy.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
ThatGuy
Keeper of the Decorum

I wouldn't be so pissed if I had cheated. But I didn't have the balls to. I even turned to total strangers to talk about it. And I didn't do it. Now I wish I would have. Fuck it all.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

should have banged her sister.....

you got her number?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
ThatGuy
Keeper of the Decorum

She's an only child. I should fuck her best friend since she's at least talking to me. But she won't tell me where she is. Only that she's ok and that she's staying with a "friend". Yeah I'm sure it's just a friend. What a load of shit.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
ThatGuy
Keeper of the Decorum

Am I the only one that's up on the cellar right now? You know what the hell I'm about to go to the 2010 nsfw and post a picture. After all it's not like she would care anymore anyways right? Fuck it. I've had enough black label stop a train. Ahh thank the good lord for booze to make you forget everything for a few hours life is good right now. To hell with her. Best friend said she will come over tomorrow to stay with. Will most definitely do all in my power to insert my penis into her vagina!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #11
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Best friend said she will come over tomorrow to stay with. Will most definitely do all in my power to insert my penis into her vagina!!!!!!
I'm really truly sorry about your troubles, Guy... but I totally lol'ed.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #12
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I am sorry for your trouble ThatGuy. I don't think doing it with the best friend will make anyone feel better. It's just more trouble. You may feel like it is a good come-back right now, but you will hold regrets later. It simply won't fix it.

You're probably still sitting in shock. Try not to fuck up while shocked or you'll just have another thing to be shocked about later. Then it will be double-suck.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #13
SamIam

I know you feel the alcohol is helping to numb your pain, but if you behave foolishly while under the influence, you might want to back away from the heavy drinking. Going to bed with her best friend is a very bad idea. I'm sorry that your wife is refusing all communication. That is very difficult. Do you have a male friend you could talk to?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

If you really want to work things out with the wife, then revenge sex is the worst idea. Even if you don't want to work things out with the wife, it is still a bad idea. I think its a bad idea for you to have the best friend stay over at all, in your current state you don't need to put yourself in a risky situation. You should take the high-road, you didn't cheat before and that is admirable, you should keep that integrity. It hasn't been long since your wife left, once y'all have both cooled your heels some, you might be able to rebuild the relationship. If you lose your integrity now and fuck the best friend, or even try to do so, there will be even less hope of you getting back with your wife. If you really love your wife, now is the time to prove it.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 AM   #15
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

I have been on both sides of the coin in this situation. Let me re-phrase that....I've never been the cheater but I've been cheated on and I've been used by a 'friend' when his wife divorced him for another. Both instances were very painful for me. It is never a good idea to drag another person into your drama even for a moment of passion. The best thing you can do right now is try to focus on yourself and if you want to save your marriage it is best to let her come to the realization that she needs you. Begging and pleading with her to listen to reason will never work if that's what you intend to do by talking to her. Besides 9 times out of 10 she will say....'it's not you baby, it's all me!' Same line, different person!!