The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Announcements

I only have one, right now, but feel free to make your own announcements here too...

I do not have COVID-19. (yet)

I volunteered to work the election wherever I was needed so am being sent to deepest darkest Detroit. Today they sent me for a rapid test, and 30 minutes after they deep-mined my nasal cavities, they declared me innocent.

From my training session, I deduced that Detroiters do have a tad of a cavalier attitude to coronavirus precautions, so this day is yet young and I am not anticipating being met with a plastic screen between me and the voting masses, but we shall see.... I wouldn't dream of suggesting that this is in any way related to the scary covid figures in Wayne county....

been nice knowing you all.......
Old 08-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
wash your hands and use a neti pot
Old 08-03-2020, 04:25 PM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Oh dear, she was sent to Covidtry.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
use a neti pot
no way no how never
Old 08-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
I do not have COVID-19.
Thanx for letting us know
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Thank you for your service.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:33 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

I've been getting tested every Monday but my results have been coming in on Thursday afternoon. Not great turnaround.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:34 AM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I only have one, right now, but feel free to make your own announcements here too...

I do not have COVID-19. (yet)

I volunteered to work the election wherever I was needed so am being sent to deepest darkest Detroit. Today they sent me for a rapid test, and 30 minutes after they deep-mined my nasal cavities, they declared me innocent.

From my training session, I deduced that Detroiters do have a tad of a cavalier attitude to coronavirus precautions, so this day is yet young and I am not anticipating being met with a plastic screen between me and the voting masses, but we shall see.... I wouldn't dream of suggesting that this is in any way related to the scary covid figures in Wayne county....

been nice knowing you all.......
If you could go ahead and not die this election season I'd appreciate that.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #9
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

What is the benefit from regular testing?
Is there an early treatment available?
Or does it just let you know you need to avoid everyone (quarantine) for the next two weeks?
And contact everyone you were near for the last two weeks?
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Keeps the teacher away from the class.

Snort some crank or coke, it should burn those nasal passages right out.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 08-04-2020 at 03:59 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:02 PM   #11
Griff
still says videotape

What is the benefit from regular testing? I will stop seeing clients immediately.

Is there an early treatment available? They have learned some about how to treat it, outside of steroids I don't know what they're doing.

Or does it just let you know you need to avoid everyone (quarantine) for the next two weeks? Quarantine is crucial.

And contact everyone you were near for the last two weeks? Also crucial. They'll look at my work calendar and all other activity.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tested negative three times in the last three weeks.

I call that good, where I was (a large spa and torture center in Nashville) had an entire floor of corona-afflicted...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:45 PM   #13
monster

I made it home.

The last few hours were hell (after the polls closed and we had to get the stuff to the receiving place and then I had to find my way out of the far side of Detroit and drive the 45 minutes home. Given my druthers, I would not do it again, but if it was needed I guess I would....
Old 08-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

What protections were in place?
Old 08-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #15
monster

we were provided with gloves, masks and face shields. It was required for poll workers to wear face masks, although the seasoned veterans often had noses sticking out or took them off to speak. We all had our temperatures taken and signed to say we were symptom free as we started.

We had sanitizing wipes to use to wipe down booth after each voter and there was hand sanitizer. My cow-orker (who -it turned out- lives half a mile away from me) was very good at this for our booths and even our pens. I did not notice it happening so much in other precincts, but then I wasn't watching all that closely. (There were 6 precincts voting at that location).

The booths were set up 6 feet apart, but the major slip up/oversight was that each precinct only had 1 table where voters filled out their applications, had ID checks and ballots assigned. here poll workers and voters were not 6 feet apart, neither were voters filling in applications.The table was probably only 6 or 8 feet long and there were two of us behind it.

I encountered two people with coughs that concerned me, but that was all, and they were masked.

Michigan did not require voters to wear masks to vote but I don't think I saw anyone without one, which (pleasantly) surprised me.