The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-03-2017, 07:26 AM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Absolutely not safe for work

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #17
Snakeadelic
Banned

I LOVE Bryan Cranston. I'm not the only person I know who came out of the 2014 Godzilla with 2 disappointments on my mind: We barely even got Godzilla, and I didn't wanna see Walter White vs. Godzilla. I wanted to see Hal from Malcolm In The Middle vs. Godzilla!

Personally, from what I see on Pinterest & Tumblr, EVERYONE is chronically underestimating Sebastian Stan. "OMG he's such a good actor, how can he make us have feels while wearing a f*kkin MUZZLE over most of his face?"

Maybe it has something to do with having an actual COLLEGE DEGREE in acting. Which he does. From a school that is not easy to graduate from. Too bad it's probably going to be "A Brit or nobody!" when Craig finally quits the Bond franchise, because I've seen photos of Sebastian in everything from black tie formal to shirtless with dirty jeans (of all things, a Broadway show) and in about 10 years he could probably out-Bond Tom Hiddleston--who will probably get the offer at some point when Craig is either too old or too crabby.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #18
DanaC

I doubt there would be a problem with an American Bond, as long as he was able to nail the accent. But that accent would be fucking critical - they'd be measured on it. A Brit from the provinces could show up with a slightly dodgy southern accent and it would be forgiven - the slightest whiff of an American accent around Bond and there would be righteous anger :P
Old 06-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #19
Snakeadelic
Banned

Also, the entire cast of Citizen X. Stephen Rea, Donald Sutherland, Jeffrey DeMunn, Joss Acklund...all excellent actors who turn in excellent performances.

Sutherland is also the highlight, for me, of Backdraft (another amazing cast) even though he's only in one scene. The parole-the-firebug scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGB3ecyPT1w

Right around 3:20 in the clip, when De Niro pulls the doll out of the bag...that switch from "parroting what the Parole Board wants to hear" to "This is the real me" is just eerie!

And another one: Freddie Highmore from Bates Motel. I was married to someone almost as crazy as his character, and this kid's ability to just "kill-switch" all the emotion out of his face and eyes is TERRIFYING. I've seen it in person (from said ex-husband) and Highmore's got it 100% nailed.

Last edited by Snakeadelic; 06-04-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: More info
Old 06-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #20
Snakeadelic
Banned

Dana, the problem with Sebastian Stan isn't that he's American--he's not. He was raised in his native Romania until he was 8, then elsewhere in Europe, and didn't hit US shores until he was already 12 and multi-lingual. Again, he's chronically underestimated in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #21
DanaC

Another Tucker clip - this time from the movie In the Loop with James Gandolfini

Two awesome actors:

Just a little detail that I hadn't noticed til just now - I love the General's slight look of confusion at Tucker's last words - like why would it offend him to be called English?
Old 06-24-2017, 05:28 AM   #22
DanaC

ok

Security! Security!