The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 07-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I think I have an addiction

I think I have an addiction. I like alcohol. I like to mix it with pills when I get stressed or when I get bored. I can go a week without drinking, but the urge gets me. I can sleep. I can relax. The only problem is I often blackout. I feel like my choices are to drink till I am blind or suck on the barrel.

No pity please. I'm adult and I make my own decisions. Better to be an honest drunk than an liar
Old 07-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I hope you have blackout lights installed on your vehicle in case it happens while driving.

Seriously though, the pills and alcohol are old hat; but, what do your VA docs have to say about the blackouts?

Has the VA crisis intervention hotline been of any help either to you directly; or, in motivating your docs to try different approaches?

I'm sure you already know that before you suck on the barrel you first have to squeeze lime juice on it and sprinkle it with salt. Doing that to a good barrel should alone be enough to make you try all other alternatives first.

You can do it; but, you don't have to do it ... it's up to you.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I understand what you're saying, sarge. Just stay with us, that is the thing we can ask of each other. Hugs.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Sarge - Don't make me come down there ...
It'd be tough driving with the finger and all. .
Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
I think I have an addiction. I like alcohol. I like to mix it with pills when I get stressed or when I get bored. I can go a week without drinking, but the urge gets me. I can sleep. I can relax. The only problem is I often blackout. I feel like my choices are to drink till I am blind or suck on the barrel.

No pity please. I'm adult and I make my own decisions. Better to be an honest drunk than an liar
Can you throw yourself into another passion? I traded my problem behavior for the fencing and mountain biking etc.. Work to exhaustion, sleep like a baby, lather rinse repeat.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Never had you figured for a barrel-sucker, Sarge.

Alcohol w/pills (actually anything that "makes it better") can become a crutch very easily. And you don't need no stinking crutches. You can walk on your hind legs.

God down to the lagoon and smoke a little weed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #7
Big Sarge

Believe it or not, I have never tried weed because it is illegal. My daughter says it would it help me, but I won't try until it is legit. Everyday I struggle with suicide because I miss my soldiers. i know they are waiting for me. God, I miss Tull
Old 07-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #8
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

If you killed yourself, would your children end up struggling with suicide because they miss you and know you are waiting for them?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #9
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

What sexobon said. It's a hard struggle, but you wouldn't want to leave that burden and legacy to your kids.

If there is any viable treatment option within your reach - please run, don't walk.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #10
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I haven't smoked weed in 20+ years, but I'd do it again in a second if it meant I could function better, enjoy my life and spend more time with my kids.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:51 AM   #11
Big Sarge

Hey guys. It is Monday morning and I have my head on straight. Thanks for putting up with my crap. Some how or some way, I am going to beat this problem.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:07 AM   #12
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Believe it or not, I have never tried weed because it is illegal.
So forge ahead with the whoring, and making babies with busted families, and drinking, and threatening to off yourself... but don't you dare go get high, even therapeutically, because that is the end of the goddamned world?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #13
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

For the record, suicide is also illegal.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #14
Big Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
So forge ahead with the whoring, and making babies with busted families, and drinking, and threatening to off yourself... but don't you dare go get high, even therapeutically, because that is the end of the goddamned world?
Yep, it is pretty stupid. Plus, I need to man up and deal with my issues rather drinking and whining.

Last edited by Big Sarge; 07-25-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Big Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #15
Pamela
Deplorable

Try putting on big girl panties. It works for me. I think I even have pandapanties around here someplace!
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote