The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-30-2004, 11:09 PM   #16
404Error
Lecturer

My thoughts and prayers are with you also, Dag. I know how awful it is to go through something like this, my grandmother passed in a similar way.

Keep the faith.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:25 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I am glad that your family is able to use hospice services, to help your grandmother's passing in familiar surroundings full of love. May she pass with grace, and her life with your family remain clearer in your memories than her passing.

Blessings, love, and luck to you all.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:25 AM   #18
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Hold on to the good memories, Dag. They are part of what will keep your Gram alive for you and generations to come. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:32 AM   #19
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Marci lost her mother in a very similar way. The doctor failed to diagnose her back pains. At one point they had her scheduled to see a psychiatrist. By the time they ran even a simple x-ray, it was too late. It was just about the time Jeffrey, her first grandchild, was born. The hospital had a video camera installed in the lobby so that patients could see visitors who weren't allowed in. I held Jeffrey up to the camera so that she could see her grandson. She died that day, just 4 days after being admitted.

Your grandmother was very smart to write a living will. After seeing what happened in Florida, I think the right to choose the way we die is as important as the right to choose the way we live.

Take care of yourself and your family.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #20
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Hold on to those memories of your Gram and may they put a bit of joy in your heart and a smile on your face when you need it the most.

Peace and blessings.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #21
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Gram passed away this evening at 712 pm, in her bedroom, with my Mom and Aunt holding her hands. She'd been struggling to breathe for the past day or so, and from what I was told, took a few short breaths, and just stopped.

Our Hospice staff has been wonderful, they've bent over backwards to make things as easy as possible for us. The gentlemen from the Cremation Society prayed as they made Gram ready for transport to the hospital for an autopsy, and then to the creamatorium.

I can't even begin to describe the hole I have in my heart right now. There is simply not enough time to say goodbye, when you know you'll never say hello again.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #22
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm very sorry for your loss, Kellie...may she smile upon you from above.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #23
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
Gram passed away this evening at 712 pm, in her bedroom, with my Mom and Aunt holding her hands.
With her sister and her daughter. May God be as kind to me.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Live as she would have liked to see you live and her spirit will stir within your soul.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #24
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Live as she would have liked to see you live and her spirit will stir within your soul.

Words to live by !!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss Dag ,
but she got to look out her windows and rember the flowers and the garden .
Old 01-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #25
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Dagney, my heart goes out to you, and to your family. She left you knowing your love, and you hers, which are great gifts.

Her life was long, and full of joys and sorrows, those experiences which bring us together, as friends and families. Remember her life, reflect not so long on her leaving it.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #27
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

My condolences to you and yours, Dagney. I don't know about ya'll, but I think we need to put a moratorium on the concept of death for at least a few months.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Dag, that hole in your heart will soon be filled with years and years of happy memories. They will flood in soon, even ones you'd forgotten about.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:50 AM   #29
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

not to try to grandstand or anything.. really.. my mother died two years ago (also of cancer and there was the machine that could have saved her 30 miles away... heh professional strife... and all)

Anwyay I hope she died in peace and knowing she did all she could to help her loved ones.

and i wish you and the survivors well.

peace be with you.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #30
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

My heartfelt condolences also Dag. I will always remember her as the outgoing woman on the porch.

I repeat my invitation to call me if you need anything.

Brian