The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #1951
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Pro Tip: Don't typo your name when booking an international flight. Just cost me TWO HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS to correct that stupid error. And FYI, flight insurance doesn't cover "name correction."

Fucking airlines.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #1952
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Shit. Mighta been easier/cheaper to get a new pre-typo'd ID.

Another reason I'll never fly.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #1953
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Another reason I'll never fly.
If I can't drive or get there on a boat I ain't going.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #1954
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

@monster,

Something more specific to try when you feel up to it.

I remember Beest being active in computer discussions here so I used the Cellar search engine to look for some keywords in his posts. Something came up in the results that may help. He said he was using two cloud storage systems, Google Drive for documents and One Drive as a backup of a backup for photos.

One drive comes with WIN10 so yours should be working. You can find One Drive by typing it into your PC's file search if you don't already have a shortcut. You can access One Drive from your desktop to see if photos are in the Shared folder. Otherwise, access it from his desktop to check the other (restricted) folders. Double click on the One Drive icon to display all of its folders.

If that doesn't pan out, Sign into Google with his password and try the folders in Google Drive.

Good luck!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #1955
monster
I hear them call the tide

his one drive account was disabled. Lack of use. :/ I guess I could investigate further, thanks
Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #1956
monster
I hear them call the tide

my one drive is empty
Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #1957
Griff
still says videotape

damn
Old 01-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #1958
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Get the sprog on the case.

Get their computer-y friends on the case.

See it with new eyes, so-to-speak.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #1959
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I forgot the fucking stove ain't working.

Goddammit.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #1960
glatt

We bought a new range a week ago. Used the broiler last night for the first time and boy did it stink. We had to open the windows in the kitchen to try to get most of the smell out. But it was cold out.

So today is in the 50s and we're opening all the windows in the house and turning the broiler on hi to burn off whatever industrial lubricants are left over that haven't off gassed yet. Hopefully if we run it for an hour or so, it will stop stinking.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:22 AM   #1961
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
We bought a new range a week ago.
You talked about trying to find one that didn't suck awhile back, what did you settle on?
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 AM   #1962
glatt

It's a GE that got consistently good reviews online and a decent review in consumer reports.

I had to compromise on the oven control knobs, because those are so hard to find. It's got a touch screen, but is relatively easy to understand. I just spend a few seconds looking for the correct part of the touch pad to depress. *shrug*

The storage drawer is really very nice. Ball bearing drawer slides. Fully extends.

The whole thing looks very modern. It has no tower in the back, so we had to buy a stainless steel panel to screw to the bare painted wall in back of the stove top.

On sale for 1500, down from 2000 on MLK day. We bought the extended warranty, which we never do, because I am really down on the quality of new appliances. Bought it from a local store, not a big box. Service was great. We forgot to get the cookie sheets and nice lasagna pan out of the old stove, and my wife called the delivery guys about 15 minutes later, when she realized our mistake, and they turned around and drove the big truck back to our house to return the pans. It might have helped that she had tipped them?

Last edited by glatt; 02-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:51 AM   #1963
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I find tips a pretty effective for working stiffs.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #1964
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
....It's got a touch screen, but is relatively easy to understand. I just spend a few seconds looking for the correct part of the touch pad to depress. *shrug*
Does it connect to the internet?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #1965
glatt

I'm not sure if you are joking, but many ovens for sale now do, in fact, connect to the internet. One of my many pet peeves regarding ovens. Why would you allow your oven to be controlled via the internet? Is it that important that you be able to turn it off remotely that you would let Ivan be able to hack his way in and turn it on remotely?

Tags
limburger