The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 03-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #1606
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I had to install a DSP ( digital signal processer ) pcb in a computer a few years ago , one of the utilitys to test the DSP processer was a fractal genarator , i freaked out the DOT guy and a co-worker when i said gleefully " LOOK Fracticals !!!!" They had NO clue what a fractical was , i tried to explane and showed them that you could zoom in infantaly . They said " whell thats some pretty pictures , but what good is that ??" Then i explained what kind of computing power it took to generate fracticals , and that it was a COOL test for that processer indivigualy . Then i ran the same program whith the main proceser , slower , much slower . The DOT guy got it , my co-worker was still confused . I just told him it was a "Good Thing "
Old 03-17-2005, 10:44 PM   #1607
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
not fractals, but cool looking microscopic images:http://www.microscopy.fsu.edu
Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #1608
zippyt

boobie slots ,
http://www.vissor.com/interactive/assets/slut.swf
Old 03-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #1609
mrnoodle
bent

zippyt posted it and it has the word boobie in it. I think I'll wait till I get home.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #1610
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Thread resurrection

and also because I'm still boggling at this.

Presenting, for your reaction, the crazy eBay mom:

http://www.randomthink.net/misc/ebay/
Old 05-23-2005, 02:28 PM   #1611
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR
Presenting, for your reaction, the crazy eBay mom:

http://www.randomthink.net/misc/ebay/
Wow, that's sad.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:23 PM   #1612
404Error
Lecturer

Geez, ya think she's a little obsessive compulsive or what?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #1613
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The thing that got me, was through the whole thing, he kept mentioning his room like it was some sanctuary of sanity in this house. But his room was almost as bad--and he claimed some of the boxes in his room were overflow of her stuff, and the rest were boxes of his necessary possessions like "old schoolwork, childhood toys, and electronics that in a normal house would be in the garage..."

I have a normal house and it contains exactly zero old schoolwork, no electronics that are not in use in the livingroom, and a perhaps half a dozen very small childhood toys. I sure as hell wouldn't put that stuff in my garage if I did have it, I'd get rid of it. This guy is in total denial about the fact that he's exactly like his mother.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #1614
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

actually, he admitted right up front that he's cuckoo, too 'cept he takes his meds. plus, if he was sane, he wouldnt still ive with his mommy.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #1615
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

They are sitting on a gold mine!!

Imagine if she registered on Ebay as a seller and listed every "uneccesary" (in real people terms) item in that house! the money she could make!! - and most of it is already packaged for her!!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #1616
BrianR

But, since many of those boxes are unopened...methinks she cannot even know what is in them. Although I have seen some weird things offered on eBay. I can imagine it now...For Sale: 1 box of misc stuff. Purchased from eBay three years ago. Still NIB, unopened. No photos available. Box lots only. Bids begin at $1.00. Too many to list! No return policy. Buyer pays shipping.

Were this guy me, I would have to send mom on a trip to Atlantic City with a few rolls of nickles and as soon as she's out of sight, back up a Cat 769D, which is my current ride, and load 'er up! All of it goes! Every speck. Straight to the local landfill.

Then claim she was burglarized when she gets home. Oh yeah, and I'd disable that computer too. It's old enough to claim it died of old age. That woman needs serious intervention.

Brian
Old 05-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #1617
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR
Then claim she was burglarized when she gets home.
I think she would believe it, since she's convinced all her crap is so valuable.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #1618
zippyt

BrianR , Playing with TONKA toys ???? What gives ?? I thought you were going to be 18wheelering all about the country side !!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #1619
BrianR

It's a childhood thing. I had a Tonka dumper, front end loader and ladder (fire) truck as a child. Big boy toys and all that.

The semi has to wait a little bit for the VA to do their job first. Another week should do it, or so they claim. But unemployment was boring so I got a UTT job hauling waste rock from a mine to a slag pile. It's $15/hr, variable hours. Pays the bills and leaves me some to put aside for paying to fix my life. Two goals left to go! Details will be posted on my update thread when there is news to report. Should be the last two goals will happen within a week of each other as both are ready and only require a large infusion of money to complete.

And this is a large truck. Not as large as you see on Modern Marvels but large nonetheless. I wish I had a camera handy when another driver dumped his load (truck and all) over the edge of the slagheap. It would have been funnier if he hadn't gotten blood all over the cab because he didn't wear the seat belt, but he survived and the truck will be back in service as soon as they put a new drive axle on it. To explain, he got too close to the edge, which crumbled under him when he lifted the bucket. The center of gravity was high at that point and the whole thing went ass over teakettle down the hill, about 100 feet down. Made a hell of a racket too. I heard it clearly over the noise of my own truck, which is none too quiet.

In any case, I have three job offers for driving semis on my table right now and I could have more if I wanted them. As soon as I get my diploma (required paper to be hired due to insurance) I will choose one lucky winner and off I go! I'll post a picture of the truck I get to drive (and terrify you four-wheelers with) when I have it ready. The only thing I still need to fit out the truck is a good CB and a laptop. Those will be coming soon!

Brian
Old 05-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #1620
mrnoodle
bent

Why isn't the future what it was supposed to be?

I'm still waiting for my housecleaning robot. And my personal jetpack.