The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-30-2016, 05:00 PM   #1306
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Sprightl
Old 08-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #1307
monster
I hear them call the tide

bust beer can Catherine wheel.

not unusual for the crappy cans to pop a hole and start spraying as I pick them out of the case. This one, however, was a force to be reckoned with, so much so I dropped it in surprise whereupon the force of the spray was enough to make it spin on the floor, drenching EVERYTHING with beer as it went. everything. especially paperwork and my work clothes. motherfucker
Old 08-23-2016, 05:18 PM   #1308
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Very picturesque!

sent by thought transference
Old 08-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #1309
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

The work clothes are no problem, just tell your cow orkers you've been moonlighting in a brewery.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:15 AM   #1310
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It's child-butchering day in the library.
At least that's what I assume from the incessant screaming. Seriously, what could genuinely make a child shriek like that? And I know libraries have changed (sadly) but what sort of staff allow that?

God give me a Gatling gun.

Am hoping there'll be a BBQ later at least.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:14 AM   #1311
Griff
still says videotape

The shriekers are too stringy, give me a tubby couch potato slow cooked with cole slaw.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #1312
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Update

I disconnected the tank and rolled it to the curb where it sat for a month. They finally came and got it. I spoke to the ex and told her that they should be refunding her for the unused gas. So I just heard from her that they sent her an invoice for $300.

I didn't follow up. but the company are assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Apparently propane is so popular that vendors are turning away paying customers. At least they won't open a COD account with me and they won't give me credit because of, you know, bad credit.

The tank I have is supplied by the company I used to have an account with until it was transferred to my ex's name during my hejira. The company wanted a $300 deposit that they keep for the life of the account (no interest) plus $180 to fill the tank and another $40/year for tank rental.

I told them to go pound salt, and I'm off to go buy a 100# tank and regulator, which kind of sucks because I had two of them several years ago and gave them away.

So they came and locked out the tank yesterday and I'm like, seriously? I've never even seen a lockout like that and I can see all I need is a small piece of pipe or a dowel to remove it.

I don't really feel like making the drive tonight to Lowe's, but tomorrow is busy. If it wasn't such a time suck I'd transfer the gas to the new tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
They locked out gas you've paid for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
They did. They said they will refund the ex since the account was in her name and therefore, they assume, her gas. I can't be bothered to find the old contract and read the fine print but I'm sure there is something in there about why they are allowed to be dickish, and I wasn't about the send them a copy of the divorce agreement showing that the gas in the tank was now mine.

I'm back with the tank and regulator. Tomorrow I'll switch it over. I only use it for cooking and the dryer.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #1313
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The work clothes are no problem, just tell your cow orkers you've been moonlighting in a brewery.
I really don't need to..... the empties for recycling are sorted right by my office, where the smell of stale beer masks the smell of the rotting garbage from the chute in the same location (MI has a deposit on cans and bottles so customers return them to the store) ......And we have beer on tap at the café (sip 'n' stroll folks, $2 for a pint of good beer while you shop......)so it's pretty easy to drench myself with beer at any point of my work day if I'm daft enough to venture onto Cheese Island......
Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #1314
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

SEARS
Thursday morning I get up to no hot water. Tear the water heater apart and need parts. Now there used to be a SEARS parts place nearby but they’ve closed them all down. The only way to get parts now is online or on the phone. Since they use a bastard thread I have no choice, they don’t even reveal the actual manufacturer.

Their computer system was screwed up so after filling out all the information it won’t process the order. So I call them up and they tell me the computer system is screwed up and they can’t do anything. I finally got into the system and placed the order 5AM Saturday morning. I checked off “expedited delivery” for $33 dollars extra, which was added to the total. Later Saturday morning I get an email saying they got my order, didn’t charge me the $33 dollars extra, and I’d have them Monday.

On Sunday my plumber buddy came back from the shore and we went through his collection with no success. At the last minute he remembered he had an oddball for his camper and it fit. He also mentioned I stunk.

Tuesday afternoon I get an email from SEARS saying my parts had shipped and I may get them today(Thursday).

Fuck SEARS, never again.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #1315
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I was poking fun at Sears not long ago on FB, but I was surprised at how many people still shop there.

Going to Sears was a big deal when I was a kid. We had a free-standing store not far from my house. Got most of my clothes there when I was younger. That store closed in the early 90s...and I don't think I've been in a Sears in 20+ years. I occasionally used to go to Kmart, but there aren't many left here in KC.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #1316
glatt

Sears is good for finding the part number and then ordering the part online from somebody else like amazon for half the price.

Sears also carries Land's End clothes, which are decent. And you can order stuff from Land's End online and if it doesn't fit, the brick and mortar Sears will take the return.

Also, when you abuse a Craftsman ratchet and break it, Sears will replace it, no questions asked.

That's all I have to say about Sears.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #1317
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
That's all I have to say about Sears.
Wait. Their towels and sheets are good quality for a reasonable price. Macy's will charge you double the price for a similar product.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #1318
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

You can buy Craftsman at our Ace Hardware chain here in town. Don't know if all Aces do that now, but...yeah.

My ex-mother in law bought all her appliances through them...my father in law worked for them until he died, and she got to continue using his discount, which was nice.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #1319
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They came today. Now the wait for the bill to see if they charged me an extra $33 dollars.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #1320
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post

Also, when you abuse a Craftsman ratchet and break it, Sears will replace it, no questions asked.
Best Sears story EVAR:

A former cow-orker bike mechanic found a huge box of rusty craftsman wrenches at a tag sale. They were completely fucked and he had to scrape to see the craftsman name. He took the box to Sears and dumped them on the counter. The salesman gave him this look and asked, "Where the hell have these been?"

My cow-orker told him, "It doesn't matter where they've been, they're here now."

He ended up with a set of new wrenches for about $3.00

Tags
limburger