The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No: I don't like how they respond to some posters 10 35.71%
Yes: I think what they say is ok 2 7.14%
Yes: I think they're funny 8 28.57%
Don't care either way 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #91
Cloud

you can insert a less "inflammatory" scenario if it makes you feel better. I dunno--stoning?

I'm not bitter--I'm disgusted. You all justify your bad behavior with high fives and pack mentality, but I don't buy it. I don't agree it's okay to be despicable bullies. I don't agree it's okay to laugh at people at their expense. I don't agree that it's okay to treat people like shit in RL or on the Internet.

If you guys get off on ego and power games, that's up to you. But with every exchange I'm more confident and secure in the way I treat people in my own life.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #92
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
you can insert a less "inflammatory" scenario if it makes you feel better. I dunno--stoning?
How about this:

This is the kind of place where if you act like a tit, you get called on it.

verbally.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #93
Cloud

which is, of course, the purpose of this thread.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #94
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

This is a crybaby coward thread. Don't fool yourself into thinking you accomplished anything.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #95
Cloud

You're right--I see no accomplishments here. But I didn't post the thread.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #96
infinite monkey

I know. We heard from EVERYONE who felt the need to say they didn't post the thread. NO ONE posted this thread. This thread was a virgin birf. Do virgin birfs produce afterbirf?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #97
Cloud

doubt it, 'cause I know who posted it.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #98
infinite monkey

Now please, this thread is about how horrible I am! ME ME ME. Quit mucking it up with your 'poor me' crap.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #99
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Listen up, anon et al. I ain't gonna change. You don't like it? Tough. You want rid? Make this place so floral, wishy-washy and marshmallow-post infested I can't take it any more. But I will fight such invasions until it ain't worth it, and I suspect I'm not alone, so you have your work cut out. But feel free to try.

FFS look at the user name I picked. Sometimes you can judge a book by the cover if it's graphic enough.

Curious. What do the 'bold'ed statements mean EXACTLY? What do you mean by marshmallow-wishy washy,Disney land and how do you exactly plan to fight this imaginary invasion?

Specific examples of both please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
This is a completely voluntary recreational board. Meaning you are free to participate, or not; respond, or not, anyway you like. All idiotic posts or posters are completely ignorable in that case because you do not have to respond to them. You are not forced, you don't have to interact with them on any level, you don't even have to see their face. I hate to break it to you, but you have wasted valuable time on intolerable dumb and irritating posters who were ignorable, since they all are ignorable.

This is not the general "interwebs," this is the Cellar. The Cellar is a social outlet for many dwellers, that means we probably see each other as friends or acquaintances that we want to hang out with for the most part. I don't get my feelings hurt by strangers, I get my feelings hurt by friends and acquaintances. Do I want to be liked by
everyone? No. Do I want to be liked by the friends and acquaintances I choose to spend time with? Yes, otherwise I'd be a huge masochist, and I'm not. I do like your input a lot of the time and would like to respect/have your respect monnie, just as I would with a friend. If you don't give a fuck what your friends and acquaintances think of you or if you hurt their feelings, then I can't imagine why you would even bother socializing with them, obviously you don't like them.
Good post, even though I read recreational as reactionary the first time
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #100
Flint
Snowflake

I have observed that people, by and large, do not respect honesty. We seem to live in an age of over-sensitivity and sugar-coated eggshells. I contend that man's natural response to this unnatural condition is manifest as the oft observed "internet behavior," which is stated to be INsensitive and OVERLY honest. Although the honesty is misidentified as malice, because people are so unaccustomed to hearing honest discourse.

Conversely, some among us, let us call them "the weak," cling to the sheltered world of HR Departments, Political Correctness, and Homeowner's Associations. These weak, sub-human worms have been conditioned NOT to stand up for themselves and NOT to speak their minds freely.

To be perfectly clear about it: I consider these people to be the enemy of what is right and good. I vehemently reject their dangerous notions.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #101
infinite monkey

Well Flint, it's easier to lay about and whine.

I, for one, am glad I inherited a backbone from my parents.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #102
Nirvana
Back in 10

Everyone is in control of how they react to any statement or person they "know" on the internet. Feelings are manipulated only if your free will is non existent.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #103
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
I have observed that people, by and large, do not respect honesty. We seem to live in an age of over-sensitivity and sugar-coated eggshells. I contend that man's natural response to this unnatural condition is manifest as the oft observed "internet behavior," which is stated to be INsensitive and OVERLY honest. Although the honesty is misidentified as malice, because people are so unaccustomed to hearing honest discourse.

Conversely, some among us, let us call them "the weak," cling to the sheltered world of HR Departments, Political Correctness, and Homeowner's Associations. These weak, sub-human worms have been conditioned NOT to stand up for themselves and NOT to speak their minds freely.

To be perfectly clear about it: I consider these people to be the enemy of what is right and good. I vehemently reject their dangerous notions.
Intelligent people can be honest without being a dick.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #104
Cloud

geez, I have to wonder if some of these posters are evening listening to themselves.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #105
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Intelligent people can be honest without being a dick.
And reciprocally intelligent people can accept honest commentary without perceiving it as delivered with "dick" intent. Logic places the burden of perception on the perceiver, NOT the deliverer. I am surrounded in my life by many intelligent people who prefer, who DEMAND, this arrangement.

Cloud, as a spokesperson for myself and myself alone, characterized here as "some of these posters," I don't have to "listen to myself" to confirm the lifetime of thought that has gone into this. These are not reactionary, offhand comments. This is not going away.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pensive pam wannabes, romper room