Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 12-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #31
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Those who want to circumvent the process are simply un-American.
For the record, I'm not un-American. ...
I was referring to those who can vote here, not non-Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
... I'm just suggesting you increase the minimum age further. Say, 30. ...
The age of majority, at which one fully realizes their rights across the board, seems to be moving in the other direction with children here suing their parents for emancipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
Best of luck to you, my friend. Please just stay far, far away from anyone else with your arsenal and your paranoia.
It's a free country. I've served in US military special operations to help keep it that way. My arsenal consists of direct knowledge and experience. Paranoia is for been nowhere, done nothing people such as yourself. Your request is not favorably considered.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #32
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

You go with your bad self, sexobon-ay!
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #33
monster
I hear them call the tide

"Free Country"? free from what?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Free from...um...give me a second here...free from....

Free from...

Godzillas. Yeti's we have; Godzillas not so much.

YET.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #35
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
Free from...um...give me a second here...free from....

Free from...

Godzillas. Yeti's we have; Godzillas not so much.

YET.
It's lookin' kinda squatchy, though.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #36
lookout123
changed his status to single

This thread hurts my brain.

TW, good to see you maintaining form.

sexobon has done a fine job outlining the flaws in the plan so I don't need to add anything there.

There is a difference between rights and privileges and if you want to read on the subject, radar, while nuts on some issues, covered that ground very well and you may want to read some of his writings.

I find it interesting that the same people who scoff at the idea of citizens defending themselves against a tyrannical government are the first in line to reinterpret rights as privileges. My fear of growing governmental powers is rooted in the knowledge that the government is full of people with the same beliefs. To be fair, your fear is likely that it is full of people like me.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
"It's a free country." is an idiomatic expression often used in reply to someone who proposes an unwelcome, unlawful restriction. Blue made the request "Please just stay far, far away from anyone else... ." My reply infers that I'm free to go where I wish (within the limits of the law) and fully intend to do so.

Truly ignorant people think they know what's best for everyone else which is why Blue asked that I stay away "from anyone else" instead of just asking that I stay away from her. Had she been less arrogant, I would have been more cordial.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #38
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

All right, it's my turn to call you some names.

Sexobon, you are an insecure gun freak. It is better for you to stay away from everyone, because no one wants to be shot, accidentally or otherwise, by someone running around bragging about his guns and supposed special military knowledge.

At this point, it doesn't make a difference to me whether you are cordial or not. You seem to prefer to be a jackass, anyway.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #39
sexobon

Quote:

Sexobon, you are an insecure gun freak. It is better for you to stay away from everyone, because no one wants to be shot, accidentally or otherwise, by someone running around bragging about his guns and supposed special military knowledge.

At this point, it doesn't make a difference to me whether you are cordial or not. You seem to prefer to be a jackass, anyway.
Blue you ignorant slut, you lost your looks awhile ago and it's about time you wised up and realized that they're not going to get you by on the losing end of an argument anymore. I've previously stated in the Cellar that I'm not a member of the NRA. I'll state now that I don't own any shotguns; or, rifles let alone anything that could be construed as an assault weapon. All I've mentioned are two handguns, neither of which have high capacity magazines, in response to a related inquiry by Ibby. Your paranoia has made you delusional to the point that you wouldn't know the difference between bragging and simply relating information with the confidence that comes from experience even if the facts of a matter came up and bit you on your lazy ass. You present as being so burnt out that you either can't remember; or, can't be bothered to refresh you memory as to which dweller said what; or, has what. Typical crackpot, all mouth no brains.

Last edited by sexobon; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Let's give the government all the guns and they'll take good care of us.
Look how well that worked for the Indians.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #41
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:

Blue, you are good people. Let the ranting maniac be a ranting maniac. I love that it seems to be women who aren't afraid to call a jackass (read: troll) a jackass. Keep on keepin' on, sistuh.

Meanwhile, i can't wait to see the militia they'll need to bring in to guard the hundreds of entrances where i work. Or maybe they'll try to herd 25,000 folks in one or two doors. Sure, that's the solution.

Oh wait, our middle name is 'community' and we can't make access to education in any way more difficult...we're practically doing their homework for them as it is.

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #42
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Let's give the government all the guns and they'll take good care of us.
Look how well that worked for the Indians.
And then someone armed the Indians too and it still didn't work!

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #43
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Blue you ignorant slut, you lost your looks awhile ago and it's about time you wised up and realized that they're not going to get you by on the losing end of an argument anymore. I've previously stated in the Cellar that I'm not a member of the NRA. I'll state now that I don't own any shotguns; or, rifles let alone anything that could be construed as an assault weapon. All I've mentioned are two handguns, neither of which have high capacity magazines, in response to a related inquiry by Ibby. Your paranoia has made you delusional to the point that you wouldn't know the difference between bragging and simply relating information with the confidence that comes from experience even if the facts of a matter came up and bit you on your lazy ass. You present as being so burnt out that you either can't remember; or, can't be bothered to refresh you memory as to which dweller said what; or, has what. Typical crackpot, all mouth no brains.
Wow, you just keep peeling back new layers of crazy. How in the hell does one use 'looks' in an argument just typing on a keyboard?

And aren't you living in your own little self-absorbed world. I'd never paid you any mind before this thread. Why would I, when there are so many nicer, more fascinating people on the Cellar than you.

Take a step back and read what you wrote--you sound exactly like an NRA nutjob. Might as well join up, jerk.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #44
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Blue, you are good people. Let the ranting maniac be a ranting maniac. I love that it seems to be women who aren't afraid to call a jackass (read: troll) a jackass. Keep on keepin' on, sistuh.

Meanwhile, i can't wait to see the militia they'll need to bring in to guard the hundreds of entrances where i work. Or maybe they'll try to herd 25,000 folks in one or two doors. Sure, that's the solution.

Oh wait, our middle name is 'community' and we can't make access to education in any way more difficult...we're practically doing their homework for them as it is.

You're good people, too, monkey.

I hope you don't end up working in a fortress...
Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #45
sexobon

Quote:
... How in the hell does one use 'looks' in an argument just typing on a keyboard? ...

... I'd never paid you any mind before this thread. Why would I, ...
You're the dishonorable liar who cried "gun freak", "arsenal", and "bragging about his guns" when none of those are objectively true. You're grasping at straws like an aging whore who's lost her looks. You've disgraced yourself and discredited any subjective opinions you hold. It's sad that you're so desperate for attention from some such person as my "bad self"; yet, so caught up in denial that thou has protested too much and given yourself away with "I'd never paid you any mind before this thread. Why would I, ... " It's quite obvious that you're no longer getting satisfied at home and had to antagonize some supposed bad boy here in hopes of getting buttfucked in the mouth since that's what seems to get you off now. No need to thank me for rendering this community based service ... the entertainment a dingbat like you provides is reward enough.