The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2020, 06:10 PM   #12691
SteveDallas
Your Bartender
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philly Burbs, PA
Posts: 7,651
Happy birthday! I should get my mom ones of those. She looooooathes slugs. She generally does not approve of alcohol, but she's happy to use beer on slugs.

What's making me happy? I just rode my bike and crossed 200 miles for July, surpassing my previous monthly record of 175.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:46 PM   #12692
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posts: 18,449
Thnaks Folks! I just got some salt but all the flies are hiding bc of the cold. Will report!
__________________
The internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously. - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:30 PM   #12693
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,063
Flies flew fleeing desecration and destruction by desiccation bringing briny bloody bits basting baseboards.
__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:14 PM   #12694
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 71,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
What's making me happy? I just rode my bike and crossed 200 miles for July, surpassing my previous monthly record of 175.
Did you mean August? 200 miles is a lot of time spent peddling your ass around town.
__________________
The descent of man ~ Nixon, Friedman, Reagan, Trump.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #12695
SteveDallas
Your Bartender
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philly Burbs, PA
Posts: 7,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Did you mean August? 200 miles is a lot of time spent peddling your ass around town.
I did indeed, 175 was my count for July.

And you're correct. I'm currently usually averaging about 11mph, with occasional bursts to 12 depending on my route. There are two limits to this: my ability to pedal uphill (there are lots of hills around here, practically nothing flat), and safety constraints. Like, one of my most common routes goes past the local elementary school. There's a very slight downward slope. But it's a curve with street parking on both sides (leaving about 1.75 lanes for traffic), in a residential neighborhood with lots of kids. I could easily do 20+mph if I didn't care whether I hit a kid on a scooter or a car coming through the curve from the opposite direction.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #12696
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 71,105
That sounds like a section that gets plenty of concern beforehand and deserves a drink after.
I assume you're doing this for the health benefits rather than saving money on gas or some altruistic motivation. So got a new reason to want to live long?

edit;
Damn, there must be a hell of a market for salt guns, these are just a few of the V2.0 and V3.0 guns.
Attached Images
 
__________________
The descent of man ~ Nixon, Friedman, Reagan, Trump.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 09-01-2020 at 09:56 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:47 PM   #12697
SteveDallas
Your Bartender
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philly Burbs, PA
Posts: 7,651
Yeah, I'd kind of like to commute by bike to work, but I don't think it's practical. (You Can't Get There From Here, at least not without more traffic-heavy routes than I'm willing to deal with on my bike.) As for a reason? I have no reason for anything. If I waited till I had a reason, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning. (Or any other morning.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #12698
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 39,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
If I waited till I had a reason, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning. (Or any other morning.)
Word.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:30 PM   #12699
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
snip--
As for a reason? I have no reason for anything. If I waited till I had a reason, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning. (Or any other morning.)
Just like every other Blursday here too.
__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #12700
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posts: 18,449
Shot two files yesterday! One simply disappeared. It was on a screen then it wasn't there anymore. Not a trace. The second one I winged and saw it spiral down like a flaming plane from a WWII (the BIG one) film.


I often wish my birthday was a bit earlier in the year. So few flies left. I'm debating leaving some rotten meat in the yard.
__________________
The internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously. - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #12701
Griff
still says videotape
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 26,813
That's the spirit, meat wasps for everyone!
__________________
If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you.
- Louis D. Brandeis
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #12702
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Remember this post from 3.5 years ago?



So, uh, the book's finally been announced. I'm happy.

www.sidmeiersmemoir.com
Uh... Clodfobble, is that you?
__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:15 PM   #12703
monster
I hear them call the tide
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 30,852
Amazon says: "Best Seller"

Name:  sidmeier.png
Views: 157
Size:  115.6 KB
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #12704
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 71,105
Clod is the creator of civilization under the pen name Sid Meier?
__________________
The descent of man ~ Nixon, Friedman, Reagan, Trump.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #12705
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 20,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Uh... Clodfobble, is that you?
It me! Also this is me, from today (interview starts at 15:55, formatting stops being wonky about 16:20):

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.