The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #136
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Abuser is a noun, so it shouldn't have a hyphen at all. A hyphen indicates that the first adjective modifies the second term (which must be an adjective or adverb.) One who is both a dick and an abuser would have to be a "dick/abuser."
Communicating is the important factor, regardless of punctuation. Limpjism is a dick and an abuser. I hope communication has taken place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
...My point is... Every single one of your multitude of very very, er, extreme opinions are treated like fact by you - like god's honest truth, haha. And any opinion that you disagree with,
... is 'just an opinion' and is thereby completely ignored or brushed aside by you.
It's wrong, and its intellectually dishonest.
Quote:
...he's the one being a jerk and being unable to listen to (or, at least, consider) any criticism at all. It's childish and immature.
Quote:
... If you've formulated an opinion on it, you dont care about anyone else's opinion because yours is right, and if you havent you dont care what they have to say because you dont care about whatever theyre talking about. You don't debate, you tell people why you're right and then skip the whole listening to them part, and just say you're right again....
Can I convince you that you're mistaken here?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #137
busterb
NSABFD

Mid 80s, I guess. G st. Belle Chasse,LA
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #138
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Can I convince you that you're mistaken here?
Well, honestly, no - because my only point is that Rob is unwilling to listen to criticism, and uh, he not only doesn't deny it but, he's proud of it.
If you can show me an instance where he says or does otherwise... fine.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #139
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Well, honestly, no - because my only point is that Rob is unwilling to listen to criticism, and uh, he not only doesn't deny it but, he's proud of it.
If you can show me an instance where he says or does otherwise... fine.
With all due respect, your first sentence sounds like something you're accusing RK of saying.

"No" - I can't convince you that you're mistaken.
"Rob is" - stating your opinion as fact.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #140
jester
why so serious

Monster - I liked the Troll Hair
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #141
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thank you. If I had time I'd start shopping photos of dwellars into really nasty 80s styes (especially those who will not let it lie....), but i have a house to bulldoze for my sprog's bday party tomorrow and I'm procrastinating. badly.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #142
monster

maybe I'll find my wedding pic at the bottom of all the piles of crap....
Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #143
monster

hey quick, post some more non-argumentative stuff, maybe we can pop this thread onto the next page before anybody realizes. I am planning to find my pics and scan them one day, honest. I still had my 80s hair in the 90s. That's how sad i am, fashion-wise
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #144
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

My most notable 80s haircut was partly an accident.
It was at a high-school pool party, and two girls said to me that I needed a haircut. I agreed, since it was a great way to sit still and have two nice young lasses stand very close to me. In swimsuits. Hmmmmmm. Gentle grooming behaviour.
Pity they were not quite so skilled at cutting hair as one might have hoped. Nah, who cares, and the next day a professional hairdresser was consulted and found the only solution to be a number three crew cut all over. It grew back, but not before I had convinced one teacher I was getting chemotherapy and another that I was turning Buddhist.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #145
glatt

I have a few bowl cut pictures of my hair in the very early 80s back when I was younger and my dad would cut my hair.

It wasn't until I got to college and was off on my own in 1985 that I got a real haircut by a pro. Maybe this belongs in the "how poor were you thread."

Home grown bowl cuts may look OK on a kid, but they are a bit pathetic on a teenager. Anybody want to see some pathetic pictures? I can look for them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #146
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I have a few bowl cut pictures of my hair in the very early 80s back when I was younger and my dad would cut my hair.

It wasn't until I got to college and was off on my own in 1985 that I got a real haircut by a pro. Maybe this belongs in the "how poor were you thread."

Home grown bowl cuts may look OK on a kid, but they are a bit pathetic on a teenager. Anybody want to see some pathetic pictures? I can look for them.
Yes please.
Anything to gt this thread on a new page.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #147
glatt

OK.

This was me in 1982. All awkward and skinny with a bad hair cut. Actually, the haircut isn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. This was just after my freshman year in High School. (9th grade)

I didn't know how to pose for a picture. Who puts their hands on their hips like that? They are backwards.

Ok. That's enough self criticism for one picture.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #148
glatt

Here is a better picture. This was around September or October of 1982. We were in Pompeii and were trying to recreate the Abbey Road cover on the cool crosswalks they have there. My older brother is in front, and I'm in the back with bare feet. Can you tell that we haven't showered in about 2 weeks? We had been camping through Italy and there were no showers.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #149
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Well done for posting the first pic, that photo is not a forgiving one.
Camping/backpacking through Italy must have been cooooool. How old were you? I'm guessing about 15, since you mention being int he 9th grade at the same year. Is that right?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #150
jester
why so serious

My hairstyle hasn't changed that much over the years either. First, I've never colored it - totally scared to death, that it will be some awful looking color. I have had a couple of perms - I'll post one "graduation pic" - my best friend did the perm - should have known to do "only a wave" rather than "curly perm" egads. One other I'll post - maybe get them both next week.

G - you should have been hugging a tree or something. That way it would have looked less "posey"
jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dwellar pictures