The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #631
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Seven-hour exam tomorrow on which my career depends ... so I'm grilling a steak 5 hours before I have to get up, because I can't sleep. Hopefully will sleep after this.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #632
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You're supposed to grill for an exam!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #633
Griff
still says videotape

Just breathe Ortho.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #634
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Good luck Ortho!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #635
orthodoc

It's done. I'd better have passed, because I never want to have to do that again. So tired I can't think straight - just crawled into bed and don't have to move again for 11 hours! Thanks for the good wishes, they're much appreciated.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #636
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
It's done. I'd better have passed, because I never want to have to do that again. So tired I can't think straight - just crawled into bed and don't have to move again for 11 hours! Thanks for the good wishes, they're much appreciated.
Excellent. Good work, enjoy your rest.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #637
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
It's done.

Good! I'm sure you did well.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #638
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #639
orthodoc

Love you guys.

Starting today to taper off a med that has played havoc with my mind and mood for the past two years. I finally get to be rid of it! Cancer-related ... Just one more reason to be so grateful for where I am now, and for all of you.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #640
monster
I hear them call the tide

daughter's SAT subject test results due today. She wasn't pleased with how one of them went, but it was a one-shot deal to get them taken in time so it is what it is.....
Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #641
orthodoc

I suppose I could start a thread titled 'What are you finding difficult today?', but it seems self-serving. Many of us are finding parts of our lives difficult.

I'm finding it a challenge coming off this med, with its predictable issues of brain zaps, incredibly loud (much louder than my normal) tinnitus, sudden vertigo, sleep disturbance, and irritability. I've gradually reduced doses with predictable effects, and today was my last dose. The next week(s) may be tough. All of this for a med that was only supposed to treat tamoxifen-induced hot flashes, and didn't even do a good job of that.

I will NEVER take another medication without overwhelming evidence of need or benefit. That said, I'm taking Femara instead of anastrozole (which gave me a fracture), but I refuse to take an anti-osteoporosis injection - urged by my onco because of Femara's side effects - that could give me necrosis of the jaw. I will deal with the osteopenia/osteoporosis, and if it becomes too big an issue, I'll stop the Femara (letrozole). Honestly ... the treatment truly can be worse than the disease.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #642
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm just so tired.

Routine blood test from the neurologist showed relatively high blood sugar. "Probably because you had just eaten," says they. Except I hadn't. So I picked up a test kit at Target and have been monitoring myself. Currently my averages seem to be hanging out in the "pre-diabetic" range, which isn't terrible but on the other hand I don't eat a whole ton of carbs in the first place, so maybe I'm only accidentally/barely keeping it in check. Meh.

But THEN, Minifob sees what I'm doing and asks if we can test his. Sure, why not... Oh look, it's at 147 when he hasn't eaten in four hours. That ain't good at all. More important is the post-meal spike, so I let him eat his normal (pretty high-carb) snack and will test again in 2 hours.

Anyone want to reassure me that I bought a cheapo blood monitor that gives consistently inaccurate readings? Anyone?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #643
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Clod, give this page a try. It compares different meters, and has some guidelines for how accurate a meter should be.

Shouldn't you check first thing in the morning, also?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #644
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yeah, first thing in the morning is the next thing to check... thanks for the link, it's actually very reassuring. Ours isn't listed, but the sheer number of products that are wrong more than half the time means I'm not sold on this thing.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #645
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Welcome! I got my diagnosis Tuesday!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
philadelphia cream