The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 08-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

Singapore in 2 weeks

We booked these tickets 3 months ago. My wife is 48,000 miles short of a million with United. The Million Mile level gets her and me Gold with United for life which is pretty good. No fee bags, picking E plus seats, up front in the boarding process and a few other perks. Doing Singapore is like 24000 miles so gets her closer.

So we needed some miles and a trip and I suggested Singapore. I was thinking miles but also a cool place to go and take pictures. Those of you that know me from my posts here know I like to take pictures.

So we leave September 10th. The best price for a Business Class ticket was LAX-SFO-SIN and the same in reverse coming back. LAX much cheaper than if we booked out of Houston so we built a trip around a trip.

Now things are getting dicey. Runway repairs will start at SFO in September so there will be delays. We had a 3 hour window from LAX to SFO but that might not be enough now. And our return connection is also shortened.

Oh well. Go with the flow. Looking forward to our trip as long as my bum knee gets better for all the walking.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:20 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Go get that million mile golden ticket, you'll use that a lot after she retires. If I remember correctly that's not far away. Does United copy the military in that when you're coming up to a significant reward they try to foil your plans? Maybe you should fly east to Singapore instead of west.