The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #766
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Crosse, WI
Posts: 8,924
Speaking of Il Duce, I wonder if we'll see President Pennywise in Benito's pose in the Piazzale Loreto.

No unfortunately we are civilized now.
__________________
Annoy the ones that ignore you!!!
I live a blessed life
I Love my Country, I Fear the Government!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #767
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,063
"President Pennywise"!!!


Unitl now, I didn't realize shade could be thrown on Pennywise....*shudder*

LOL
__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #768
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,063
Break it down, ladies, if you please.


__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:12 PM   #769
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
No unfortunately we are civilized now.
Everyone's attention belongs here. The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), that has never made a political statement, says (without stating his name) that Trump is a worst ever president. He and his peers are responsible for numerous American deaths. Obviously referring to Trump and other extremist administration officials:
Quote:
They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy.
We all know who "they" is.

Trump says he could murder someone on Fifth Ave and still be elected. 40% of America approve. Trump has successfully murdered at least tens of thousands. Including all of my nephew's grandmothers. 40% still approve. So many who never speak out are now speaking out.

Countries such as Kazakhstan, Zimbabwe, and Ethiopia are bluntly cited as doing testing superior to America - due to obstructions at the Federal level.

NEJM says what only the most brainwashed will deny.
Quote:
The magnitude of this failure is astonishing. According to the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering, the United States leads the world in Covid-19 cases and in deaths due to the disease, far exceeding the numbers in much larger countries, such as China.
In 200 years, not even one editor signed a political editorial. Almost never has an editorial been signed by all 35 editors of NEJM. Trump is that anti-American.

They all said
Quote:
The death rate ... even dwarfs the rates in lower middle-income countries, such as Vietnam, by a factor of almost 2000.
Only the brainwashed deny science and numbers even from the NEJM.

In over 200 years, NEJM has never once said anything political. But Trump is so incompetent and corrupt as to even make Nixon look honest.
Quote:
The response of our nation’s leaders has been consistently inadequate. The federal government has largely abandoned disease control to the states. Governors have varied in their responses, not so much by party as by competence. But whatever their competence, governors do not have the tools that Washington controls. Instead of using those tools, the federal government has undermined them. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which was the world’s leading disease response organization, has been eviscerated and has suffered dramatic testing and policy failures.
Is NEJM blunt enough to break into brainwashed skulls?

85% of all problems are directly traceable to top management -obviously. 99% of all problems are directly traceable when he denies it and blames others. His attention span is only 30 seconds. Brainwashed eyes have just glazed over.
Quote:
truth is neither liberal nor conservative. When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent. We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs.
Last month, Scientific American endorsed Joe Biden for president. First time that publication has backed any presidential candidate in its 175-year history. Patriots (educated moderates) are stating quite bluntly who is that monumental a threat to America.

William Foege (CDC Director from 1977 to 1983) is a renowned epidemiologist who served under Democratic and Republican presidents. A private letter last month was released where CDC Director Robert Redfield is accused of letting the CDC make mistakes while a pandemic spread throughout America. He says CDC official should admit and publicize in writing how the White House has undermined, harmed, and constantly harassed CDC and FDA actions - that America needed 10 months ago. He says these doctors should be honest even though it would mean they are fired by Trump.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
On September 23, 2020 he [Foege] sent a private letter to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert R. Redfield urging him to acknowledge in writing that the CDC had responded poorly to COVID-19 and to set a new course for how CDC would lead the United States' response, calling the White House's approach "disastrous."
Making overt political statements is something new also to him. Because Trump is that unqualified.

Frontline just broadcast a damning report ("America's Medical Supply Crisis") on how Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) were unavailable this past year due to repeated inaction and obstruction by a scumbag and his administration. Same was discussed here in the Cellar.

A far right wing Republican dominated Supreme Court in Wisconsin blocked all necessary Covid-19 protection rules on 10 September. Wisconsin is now has its highest Covid-19 infection rates. Wisconsin State Fair Grounds are now being converted to emergency Covid-19 hospitals. It is that bad and expected to be worse - because extremist politics subverted proven science.

The president is contagious. When he got off a helicopter, he took off his mask and began spreading his disease (not a Chinese disease - Trump's disease) onto others in the White House. Live on all major TV networks. Only a racist, anti-Semite, or nazi like extremists would approve. The people that Trump called 'fine people'.

Scientific America and New England Journal of Medicine have never before made political editorials. But then we have never had a president that even Timothy McVeigh types love.

Even Bob Woodward did something he has never done before.
He made a conclusion, he says is so obvious, that he had to state it.
Quote:
For nearly 50 years, I have written about nine presidents from Nixon to Trump - 20 percent of the 45 U.S. presidents. A president must be willing to share the worst with the people, the bad news with the good. All presidents have a large obligation to inform, warn, protect, to define goals and the true national interest. It should be a truth-telling response to the world, especially in crisis. Trump has, instead, enshrined personal impulse as a governing principle of his presidency.

When his performance as president is taken in its entirety, I can only read one conclusion. Trump is the wrong man for the job.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #770
glatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Trump has successfully murdered at least tens of thousands. Including all of my nephew's grandmothers.
If you are saying what I think you are saying, then I'm sorry for the deaths in your family, tw.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #771
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
If you are saying what I think you are saying, then I'm sorry for the deaths in your family, tw.
Yes, those deaths are in my family. On a day that the Great Liar said there are only 15 Covid cases and that will drop to zero - that is the day that one died.

Don't be sorry for me. I am less relevant. Over 200,000 have died because, as the New England Journal of Medicine make obvious, the Great Liar kills people because he is incompetent. Because he has a 30 second attention span. Because all must sacrifice for the greater glory of Trump's narcissistic personality disorder. Be sorry for all Americans because of what he and his 'hate' supporters have done to America. I am simply one example of what Trump and his disciples have and will continue to do to America. That says where 'sorrow' should be directed.

Hey Hey Donald J. How many more Americans will you kill today. Shamefully, that is a fact - not rhetoric. So many dead Americans exist because, as so many educated (patriotic) people know, Trump has always been and is "the wrong man for the job".

I was buying masks in January because this threat was that obvious that long ago. Months later Boris Johnson and Donald Trump were still denying and obstructing. Both knew reality. And lied anyway. Be sorry for so many patriotic Americans harmed by a racist, anti-Semite, misogynist, Nazi loving, philandering president. Don't waste time or emotion on me. Focus blame where consideration belongs.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:04 AM   #772
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 20,012
I'm sorry for all of them, and that includes you, tw.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #773
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,423
It's a shame you didn't warn your family, just like you didn't warn us

(first tw post about COVID was 2/28 in the thread started 2/27)
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #774
monster
I hear them call the tide
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 30,852
If he refuses to debate, I hope they adopt the Have I Got News For You approach



I have a rotting pumpkin they can borrow
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #775
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
It's a shame you didn't warn your family, just like you didn't warn us
Relevant people were trying to not spread harm. The guy, who thinks he may have killed my mother, said straight out, he could not get tested. Tried repeatedly. We know why. Trump could have used the Defense Procurement Act to address a constant and severe shortage of reagents and other necessary materials to do testing. He refused, with contempt for America.

He openly said testing is unnecessary. When experts (patriots) were saying we must do one million tests daily. Even today, Trump demonstrates denials. He has no problem spreading the Trump virus. Intentionally removing his mask before live national TV. His family intentionally violated rules defined by the Cleveland Clinic - due to contempt for America. Same denials, that killed so many so many months ago, remains. Because the Great Liar was and "is the wrong man for the job."

UT avoids discussing the threat, topic, and a treasonist Trump. I also did not mention those family deaths long ago. I address what is relevant. UT - the topic is that scumbag - who was a scumbag even in 2016 - as demonstrated by many facts repeatedly posted here.

Trump does today what he has done his entire life. He never created or ran a single successful company. He always stiffed his contractors. He did not (could not) pay back his bank loans. Then used corruption to enrich himself. Others died? He blames the Chinese. He always blames others even though 99% of all problems (and my family deaths) are directly traceable to him.

Not citing Trump as THE problem in every post is disingenuous.

People so naive in 2016, who did not see what is now painfully obvious, really should apologize for (concede to) their massive mistake.

The man has so much contempt for everyone as to even call soldiers "losers". Why would anyone not always criticize the scumbag? Brainwashing.

Last edited by tw; 10-08-2020 at 10:41 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #776
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,423
Quote:
I address what is relevant
Apparently death isn't relevant to you. First tw post about COVID was 2/28 in the thread started 2/27

You could have prevented deaths if you had such amazing a priori knowledge. You claim you had the information. You bought the masks. You told nobody. You did not prevent the deaths. Blood is on your hands, killer.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #777
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Apparently death isn't relevant to you. First tw post about COVID was 2/28 in the thread started 2/27
As I often do, wait for someone to start that discussion. And amazed how long nobody was discussing this. Actually considered starting a discussion earlier in February. But decided to wait - to learn how many remained uninformed (ie brainwashed by Fox News, et al). Was shocked to learn how many did not see what was obvious.

Remember Saddam's WMDs and many who were brainwashed by that obvious lie? I did same then. Only after discussion started, I buried discussion with reams of facts that made reality obvious - Saddam did not have WMDs - obviously. Also discussed Phase Four planning. How Bremer (and Rumsfeld) created a disastrous insurgency - as predicted (it was worse than even I expected)? Remember "dejavue Nam"? Also not discussed until others finally began discussing.

For those new to the Cellar, find these discussions back around 2003. Don't know if they remain.

The topic is a scumbag so corrupt as to never even own or run a successful company. Who even stiffs contractors and defaults on bank loans. To enrich himself at the expense of all others. Even Fox News praises that scumbag. Some persons here even recite Fox News lies - that promote Trump. Just like they believed Fox News lies about Saddam's WMDs Katrina. Global warming. And Fukushima Daiichi.

So instead of discussing the topic and reasons for brainwashing, you make accusations. Then we need not know how many times your got those above discussions wrong. My god sir. News showed those nuclear plants exploding. And you still denied those meltdowns.

I saw this coming when responsible news sources provided facts. But not anywhere near as bad as it is. I expected it to end (seriously diminish) by August. It is worse than even I expected. But Fox News order you to believe it was just another flu. You recited that lie.

Two can play this Trump style game of accuse others to avert facts and reality. Trump has always been that corrupt. Which explains why even Timothy McVeigh types love him. And why America's Covid-19 response has been one of the world's worst. Apparently you do not want to admit that reality. Some also will not apologize for advocating the death of 5,000 Americans for no purpose.

Trump intentionally removes his mask off to spread Trump's viral wisdom. Why does UT approve? Do you want to play this "accuse others" game. Or deal with reality. A president with a 30 second attention span.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #778
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,423
You've started 323 threads since the beginning and 8 this year, Otis.

But the question is not only about us, it's about your family. Do you not start discussions with them? When the topic is life or death?

Family blood is on your hands
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #779
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
You've started 323 threads since the beginning and 8 this year, Otis.
Only 323 threads since the 1990s. Many were only corny jokes or curious anomalies. Or a continuation of another thread. I started less than 1% of the threads I have posted in. That proves Trump properly addressed Covid-19 threats?. Of course he did not. Stay on topic. We know someone, with a 30 second attention span, cannot.

Trump was informed the Pandemic was coming by his administration's professional scientist - in January. You don't know that. Fox News job is to keep one uninformed and brainwashed. Trump admits (in recordings) to being warned in January.

Responsible news services (both domestic and international) were telling me that something serious was coming. About same time Trump was also told. Those are facts ... relevant .. and denied by you because it contracts Fox News brainwashing..

Your emotions denied Saddam's WMDs were mythical even after George Jr admitted so. Emotions. Denied Fukushima Daiichi reactors were in meltdown even after two exploded. Emotions. Claimed global warming does not exist by posting some vague and irrelevant half truth about volcanoes. Emotions. Because "really fake" news from Fox said so.

Trump is worse (more corrupt) than Nixon. If you know otherwise, then defend him. You cannot. So in the Trump tradition, attack a person. Since overt lies cannot be defended - even by alternative facts.

An adult would be posting facts to defend Trump. But that is impossible. Fox News never provided honest facts. Trump and Fox News constantly lie - even back in January when masks sold out as fast as they arrived.

Will UT address the issue? Or post more irrelevant, UG style lies?

The whole world is watching.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:26 PM   #780
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,423
blood on your hands, killer

all that wisdom but it did nothing for your own kin
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheesecake


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.