The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 10-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #16
jaminhealth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Well, the post I was responding to seemed to read highly skeptical that any credible expert would believe that supplements could be beneficial.
I have NOT had a allergy issue, cold, flu, and never a vaccine in probably 40 yrs.....so vits and supps don't work, oh YES they do.
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:37 PM   #17
Flint
Snowflake

the OP we're replying to suggested that if you take vitamin c/d/zinc you won't need to worry about masks, distancing, hand washing, or vaccines, because you'll never, ever get a virus. are we reading the same thread? ?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

i wasn't responding to that
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #19
Flint
Snowflake

k sorry bro

Old 10-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #20
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Here's the thing, jamin: the things you're saying are not always insane. There are benefits to some of these things. As I mentioned elsewhere, my adolescent kids already take half the things you've been talking about here on a daily basis.

The problem is your attitude.

You are smug. You are righteous, and bitter, and come across as if you believe that everyone who isn't already on your train deserves whatever horrible fate they get. You aren't interested in helping people, you're interested in bragging about your own success. And that's why every conversation you participate in turns into an argument: you're behaving antisocially, and profoundly annoying the people who might otherwise support some of the things you're saying.

For a taste of the opposite side of the spectrum, consider Undertoad: he has made every attempt to be kind and forgiving of your foibles. And yet nearly everyone here has been around long enough to remember when his good friend was diagnosed with cancer. UT's friend rejected traditional cancer treatment and put their faith in supplements to save them--which they 100% didn't, the friend is dead--and UT was furious, and bewildered, and utterly crushed by his friend's choice not to take their situation seriously. Maybe he's shifted his opinion over the years, or maybe he's just a fundamentally good person who is trying to reach out to you instead of labeling you as irredeemable and abusing you until you go away.

But it would be a lot fucking easier to reach out to you if you weren't snidely slapping at every hand that came near you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

My friend didn't take supplements; she refused treatment, ate vegan, and lived in a "stress-free" way.

If she had encountered you lot, she would have logged off and not re-visited

and you would have said good riddance
Old 10-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #22
jaminhealth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Here's the thing, jamin: the things you're saying are not always insane. There are benefits to some of these things. As I mentioned elsewhere, my adolescent kids already take half the things you've been talking about here on a daily basis.

The problem is your attitude.

You are smug. You are righteous, and bitter, and come across as if you believe that everyone who isn't already on your train deserves whatever horrible fate they get. You aren't interested in helping people, you're interested in bragging about your own success. And that's why every conversation you participate in turns into an argument: you're behaving antisocially, and profoundly annoying the people who might otherwise support some of the things you're saying.

For a taste of the opposite side of the spectrum, consider Undertoad: he has made every attempt to be kind and forgiving of your foibles. And yet nearly everyone here has been around long enough to remember when his good friend was diagnosed with cancer. UT's friend rejected traditional cancer treatment and put their faith in supplements to save them--which they 100% didn't, the friend is dead--and UT was furious, and bewildered, and utterly crushed by his friend's choice not to take their situation seriously. Maybe he's shifted his opinion over the years, or maybe he's just a fundamentally good person who is trying to reach out to you instead of labeling you as irredeemable and abusing you until you go away.

But it would be a lot fucking easier to reach out to you if you weren't snidely slapping at every hand that came near you.
I've been treated so SHITTY here what do expect from me, tell you all how much I love you. Smug, etc, yes I feel smug as I keep healthy and take care of myself...and have been for over 30 yrs....

No one here has welcomed me except the person who directed me here...come on....and I don't keep shouting Fing Fing Fing like MOST here do...so one has to be doing this language to be accepted?

And I'm not bitter, where the H does that come from. I have not even mentioned half of the protocols I have done in my life, like meditation to keep the mind free of stress and calm and I may have mentioned some self help info to others who are so Angry and keep hanging on to anger...but of course, got slapped down....

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-12-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:43 PM   #23
jaminhealth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
My friend didn't take supplements; she refused treatment, ate vegan, and lived in a "stress-free" way.

If she had encountered you lot, she would have logged off and not re-visited

and you would have said good riddance
You mention friend didn't take supps and refused treatment, I went back thru this thread and don't see you talking about a friend....
Old 10-12-2020, 05:52 PM   #24
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'd say it would depend entirely on her delivery. It's never been "what you say" but "how you say it," both here and in the world at large. At the time, most of us were supportive of her choice to face terminal illness on her own terms. And maybe that was because we never met her--maybe in real life she was being super sanctimonious about her newfound lifestyle, and your anger at her back then was completely understandable through that lens. All I was doing was recalling a time when you, too, got emotionally riled by someone touting natural remedies for cancer. We all go through periods where certain topics set us off, and a grating delivery just makes us all the more vulnerable.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #25
jaminhealth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I'd say it would depend entirely on her delivery. It's never been "what you say" but "how you say it," both here and in the world at large. At the time, most of us were supportive of her choice to face terminal illness on her own terms. And maybe that was because we never met her--maybe in real life she was being super sanctimonious about her newfound lifestyle, and your anger at her back then was completely understandable through that lens. All I was doing was recalling a time when you, too, got emotionally riled by someone touting natural remedies for cancer. We all go through periods where certain topics set us off, and a grating delivery just makes us all the more vulnerable.
Oh again, please....should I expect a better delivery on F F F F ....Fing Fing Fing Fing.

I was raised in a home that my dad would not even say hell or dam and took me a lot years to express these two.

And then I meet this group!!!!!
Old 10-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

C you said you were frustrated with the anti vax thread and so I stopped posting about the subject entirely

my anger with judi is over her choice and the outcome but i had no say in it, i could do nothing but appreciate her when she was alive

we are all in charge of our selves. our choices about how to manage our lives are ours alone

none of us would stand the implications otherwise, if we were mandated and controlled, and told what to do, we would all recognize that we would be mere slaves. and that is practically our definition of evil

when people tell me they have made a decision i feel is silly i can only smile and nod. i too have made many bad decisions and could not identify them at the time

my hope for the best for them is nothing but a mere prayer, it has no real power but it acknowledges i would like the best outcome, and for me that is humanity
Old 10-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #27
Flint
Snowflake

I can't find any actual attribution to Keanu Reeves, but in a meme, a picture of his face said:
Quote:
I'm at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. Even if you tell me 1+1=5, you're absolutely correct, enjoy.
This reminded me of Undertoad.. I've noted and admired his continuous effort in this area, over a long period of time, and it's been inspirational to me on a personal level (and I probably never explicitly mentioned this due to being socially inept), but it's like a lot of things he's said that just stuck with me. And for posterity I'll mention the things that I quote most from UT in IRL-- 1) "you don't listen to the music you like, you like the music you listen to," and 2) "eating meat is what allowed humans enough calories to develop a big inefficient brain."

Old 10-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #28
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
"you don't listen to the music you like, you like the music you listen to,"
I used this one yesterday in real life, and thought of UT as I did it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #29
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

thank you sirs
Old 10-13-2020, 07:14 AM   #30
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been treated so SHITTY here what do expect from me, tell you all how much I love you. Smug, etc, yes I feel smug as I keep healthy and take care of myself...and have been for over 30 yrs....

No one here has welcomed me except the person who directed me here...come on....and I don't keep shouting Fing Fing Fing like MOST here do...so one has to be doing this language to be accepted?

And I'm not bitter, where the H does that come from. I have not even mentioned half of the protocols I have done in my life, like meditation to keep the mind free of stress and calm and I may have mentioned some self help info to others who are so Angry and keep hanging on to anger...but of course, got slapped down....

Jamin, your arrival in the Cellar is exactly like me marching into your home and switching the TV and radio to channels I like, throwing out your choice of newspapers and magazines and saying you must read mine, and throwing away all your food while explaining how bad it is for you and how you should eat exactly what I do, whilst criticising your choice of decor.
I think that you, in that circumstance, might also not be very welcoming.
The Cellar is the online home for a number of us. Yes, I’ll agree that we all have been taking it for granted and neglecting it, but that does not make it any less dear to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk