The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 08-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Celebrity Big Brother

Much as I usually hate BB, I do tend to check in on the celeb one when it comes around. This time though there are a couple of contestants I really like, and so I am now properly hooked :p

Julian Clary. Oh I love him so. And Martin Kemp. Lot of strong characters.

And of course the obligatory manipulative drama queen. A role currently being played by someone called Jasmine(?).

Yeah. so. This probably is meaningless to most dwellars, but some of the Brits might be following.

Here, for those who haven't come across him before is Julian Clary, (looked for some of him back in the day, when he was the Joan Collin's Fan Club, with Fanny the Wonder Dog, but the vids are all really bad quality, almost no sound):

(cultural note: The Priory is celeb rehab)
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I have no-one to talk to about this.
I watched Jasmine in Make Me a Supermodel (and I'm pretty sure in a show about being a travel rep with Sid Little?!*) and she hasn't changed. She leaves me slack-jawed with incredulity. What a nasty, nasty piece of work.

Shows Julie up in a bad light too, that she would minister to such a viper.
And makes me worry about Julian, aligning himself with the old baggage.

But looks conquer all, see Prince Lorenzo dancing attendance, even if he did roll his eyes.
Men.

Now I'm desperate to know if Cheryl played Cheryl in TLoG. I can't find her listed but she never had a speaking part. She was Mike's wife - they got married in fancy dress (where Geoff gave the worst Best Man's speech ever and "killed" himself on he toilet floor). She was back in the third series when Geoff was in hospital, but again without speech. Geoff objected to Mike marrying her because she was really "old-looking".

When I saw Clary was going in I said out loud, "Oh WOW!" and Mum came in to see what had pleased me - retreating immediately because it was BB and JC. I'd forgotten how tall he was. No, really - I read it in an interview or something way back. He's 6'3" I think, maybe more. Have you read any of his books? Well worth it.

Can't wait til tonight. Something I never thought during the last non-Celeb BB.

Would love Jasmoan to go, to punish her for being less than human, and having no manners and no self-awareness. Want her to stay to rack up the cringe-crimes, get the HMs to show her the error of her ways and stir the pot.

Rhian, bless her, won't add much more to the show. What's 20% of 100? 5%.

* she was. Trust Me I'm A Holiday Rep. She was a worthless, lazy bitch in that too.

Cheryl marrying Geoff:
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 08-21-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Research
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
DanaC

Oh Gods, I can't imagine being stuck in that house with Jasmine. I'd have to punch her I think.

That girl needs a cunt punt.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

She doesn't have a cunt. She has vagina dentata.
Her poor son must have been born caesarian.

Oops, am I making a personal comment about family and parenting?
So sorry Jas, I know you'd never stoop that low yourself...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
DanaC

ah well, see, she just tells it like it is.

God save us from 'honest' people.

[eta] Her attitude towards Dannica and the online gifts thing, and her attitude to Rhian and her topless modelling is appalling, particularly given what she herself does for a living.

She claims to not like judging people, but is the most judgemental of the lot.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bye-bye Jasmine, bye-bye.

Danica and Rhian are skanks, right?
Says the woman who got a fag on as soon as she was told she was leaving.
Dirty skank.

But as I said, it would have been more interesting if she stayed. She had no control over her mouth or her mood. Still, can't wait for tonight to see the fallout of the conversation between her and Julie. Hmmmm. Colleen was right, she is a seasoned pro.

Still, what's with Julie bitching about the butter?
Bitter.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #7
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Blech. The show is certainly going to town on the woman-hating.
Julie admits she prefers the company of men to women, Sam obviously does, because women hate her (being so beautiful and all).

And the two scapegoats? Danica and Rhian.
Danica for the heinous crime of breaking The Situation's heart!?!?!
I know most of the people in the house have never seen Jersey Shore, but at least they should have had an inclination of the sort of man he is when he says that after a VIP night in a club he takes 30 women back to his hotel suite, choosing them for their looks?

And how Danica as a person hasn't changed since she came into the house but one minute he was in love with her (looks, looks, looks) and now hates her because she is so fake. Shallow much?

Danica is a player. But I wish her the luck of it. She's beautiful, savvy, reasonably kind and I'd sit down with her for a glass of wine. Not in a public place though - I used to have a very beautiful housemate and going out with her was so boring because you just became invisible. I pity famous people's other halves.

Before Cheryl left she said that Mike had no time for her - Colleen has said the same thing. He is interested in himself, his career, his status, his money and pretty, flirty girls. He more than met his match. This one upgraded to a Prince. Go back to your grenades and hooking up for a night with anyone still capable of standing after a night in the club and disregarding anyone you can't hump, you nasty little boy. Whew! Feel a bit better.

Julie Goodyear. Tcha. Mum laughs because when I report on a titbit from the house I put on her mouth-turned-down expression. She's a moany, turncoat, two-faced, nasty old besom. Good on CBB to show the pie in the face again. "I thought she was going to knock me teeth out!" Well they must be as rotten as your soul then, because that was not the way you described it.

Spect one of the girls to be out tonight.
Sad for them, but hey - they'll benefit from the exposure and do well off the back of this.
Should be The Situation though.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
DanaC

I actually am liking Julie. I get the impression she has gone on a journey with the girls. I think her age is a factor, because she seems shocked by the way they are with the boys. Like, a bit of flirting she recognises, but times have changed since she was a youngster.

I do think it's unfair the way Danica is getting all the heat. She is a player, but I think that's just the way she is with blokes generally. It's how she naturally interacts. What's really unfair is the way Rhian is getting lumped into that picture. Because she hasn't been playing to anywhere near the same extent. She was a flirty bugger with Ash at the start and as soon as it became clear he was falling for it and getting hurt she backed the fuck off. In fact she pretty much faded into the background and stopped flirting with anyone.

Can't stand The Occasional Table. Thought at first he seemed quite sweet, but I think he's a wannabe player who met his match.

Would like either Danica or The Occasional Table to go because the love triangle they have going on is boring me to tears.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
DanaC

I take back what I said about Julie. Jesus, Mary and Joseph she's the Wicked Witch! And she likes the younguns. Maybe she has a gingerbread cottage somewhere.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Won't watch it til the 'rents have gone to bed, so no spoilers please.

I think if she's shown her true colours to you it'll leave me gaping.
Then again she does already.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
DanaC

No, no, I've been meaning to post that since yesterday.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
DanaC

Ahhhh I am soooo pleased at the Celeb BB winner!