The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #46
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Condolences to you and your family from our family, wolf. *hugs*
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #47
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

There's something in my eye, Eva.
She's at peace - hope you can be too.
Love, Kate

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #48
Madman
has left the building.

My condolences Wolf. It's always sad when one loses a loved one.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #49
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Our condolences Wolf - you are in our thoughts.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Kellie

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #50
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

My Condolences.
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #51
Tulip
Professor

My condolences to you and your family.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #52
wolf
lobber of scimitars

siswolf went home yesterday, so I am alone for the first time.

I haven't been able to get to some of the things I know have to be done, like the clothes sorting. I just don't feel like it.

I just got a call from the funeral home saying I could pick up the cremains and the death certificates. I'll be heading over in about an hour.

Yesterday the flowers started arriving. Now, I had bought flowers for momwolf's birthday that are still going strong, so they are +1 to this pile ... 3 flower arrangements (two from siswolf's cow orkers), one dish garden (the nuthouse always sends a dish garden), and, bless their hearts, more of siswolf's cow orkers were smart enough to figure out that we had had enough of the bloody flowers, and sent us an Edible Bouquet.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #53
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Go ahead and put off the little things, like clothes. That can wait. Finish grieving and tend to the important things first. You have been doing a fantastic job already, keep it up.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #54
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

My grandmother died six yrs ago this January. I still talk to her occasionally, sometimes it really feels like she's there. I believe she is.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #55
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I didn't know her at all.
But your last post made me cry, Wolf.

Damnit.
I've got a funeral next Weds (Breda) alongside Crying-is-Weakness Woman, aka Mum. Not sure how I'll get by. I hate doing stoic when it's not how I feel.

But I'm with Brian.
I have never lost a very close relative, but those that have (even Mum) say take your time and just feel what you feel. Don't keep everything, but don't keep nothing. If you get what I mean.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #56
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Be as weak as you like. Actually, i think that expressing emotion, particularly publicly, is more of a sign of strength than holding it all in. But that's just me.

Picked up momwolf's cremains. Not sure where I want to put her, though. It's a very low-key maple box with her name and dates engraved in it. They spelled her name right, thank goodness. I suppose they triple check that.

I slid the urn open to see what I'd gotten, found a plastic bag full of momwolf,with several tags, both inside and out confirming her identity, along with a lovely brass nameplate that probably gets attached to urns where the name and dates aren't directly engraved.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #57
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Speaking from experience of the death of close family member - if there is no external reason to hurry through the next tasks do them at your own pace, Wolf. You will know when you are ready to do the next thing, and what that is.
I know my current situation is different, in that my mum is still alive, but I am pacing myself in the disposal of her effects, and glad that I am not (yet) being hurried out of the cottage we rented (and are still renting) for her. This has allowed me to do things my way - starting with things that didn't matter, given to people who would return them if, miraculously, my mother returned to normal. Only this week have I begun to do things that are irreversible - selling stuff, taking stuff to the charity shop [thrift store], throwing stuff away, packing up things which define her as a person to send away in the hope that they'll be useful in the future to others with similar interests.
Of course, with momwolf living in your flat, you have different considerations - but this is a time when you should be gentle with yourself. Listen to your heart and be guided by it. Be kind to yourself.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #58
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

So sorry for your loss Wolf. You handle it the way you handle it. There's no right or wrong way. *hugs*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #59
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I'm sorry for your loss Wolf.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #60
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I'm very sad to hear about your mom, Wolf...MB and I are thinking about you, and wishing you peace and comfort.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote