The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #31
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Undertoad, there's a way to monetize the free content here, it's called advertising. It doesn't have to be intrusive. I'm an insider, I can hook you up.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #32
Mrs. Parker
Mademoiselle martini

Opinion of a newbie that has not been run off

I have only been in this community for a short period of time and find it to be quite welcoming; however, one must realize that not everyone and their communication habits are going to be the right fit.

I see this place as a thoughtful, intelligent, witty and extremely diverse group of personalities and opinions. What everyone who regularly posts or lurks here seems to share is substance and respect. Bombarding this place with threads -- ala Seinfeld -- about virtually nothing or juvenile retorts may be extremely amusing and acceptable in other places, but it, in my opinion, it is just not the culture of this site. You AG people can, therefore, imagine our reasons for being annoyed. Don't expect that teenagers in a band are going to be happy living in a retirement village, and vice versa. (Of course the retirement village example is in no way meant to label any respective ages.) Also, I'm not judging anyone's level of intelligence or maturity, just pointing out that our interests don't seem to be similar. If the glove don't fit.....
Mrs. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #33
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
The forum software doesn't graph traffic that way, but the overall traffic software says Monday is the big day around here.

That certainly makes sense to me. I rarely come to the Cellar on the weekends, so when I come in on a monday, I have three pages of threads to read. That's a lot of page serves.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #34
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

My theory:
Since IOTD has no new images on Sunday, we are all starved on Monday to catch up, therefor more likely to log in and check it out...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I never check in on the weekends (Rat Cave has no internet access), so usually on Monday my to do list looks like this:
#1 check Cellar,
#2 Check Post Secret
#3 Check work email
#4 Figure out what I forgot to do last week and get to work....
Old 03-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #35
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
#2 Check Post Secret
Holy shit! I never heard of that one before. Thanks for the tip!!
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #36
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

Wow... First and foremost thanks to those of you cellarites that haven't lumped me into the carpetbombing category... :p

You might find this odd but I've had my bouts with both of these characters in the past myself... now that's not to say I was always in the right... but bouts we had none the less...

I can only speak for myself but when I came here I jumped right in... not taking the time to read through the back logs of information until I had already resistered and posted my first thread... theres probably a welcome new users thread somewhere here but didn't see it as I didn't know about the archive thread settings...

I've been to enough new schools and message boards to know how the "in crowd" treats n00bs to begin with... everyone feels each other out in different ways and such...

This whole episode reminds me of someone that got dressed up casually and went to a black tie affair back at the place they dined at previously casual atire was just fine... but failing to know or "call ahead" they showed up at the door in AG atire not realizing that people here expected a coat and tie...

Anyway... it seems this has been a great opportunity for the elite well dressed citizens of Cellar Nation to demand satisfaction and see to it that the bouncers do their jobs... it's all rather silly in the grand scheme of things...:p
Stevonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #37
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_of_AG
This whole episode reminds me of someone that got dressed up casually and went to a black tie affair back at the place they dined at previously casual atire was just fine... but failing to know or "call ahead" they showed up at the door in AG atire not realizing that people here expected a coat and tie...
Casual attire is fine. Flint seemed to be running through the restaurant naked and waving sparklers.
Quote:
Anyway... it seems this has been a great opportunity for the elite well dressed citizens of Cellar Nation to demand satisfaction and see to it that the bouncers do their jobs... it's all rather silly in the grand scheme of things...:p
I don't think the bouncers ever came out. But a lot of people were averting their eyes, and others were offering bathrobes.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #38
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

O.M.G.

I totally laughed out loud! Good thing I'd already swallowed my Twizzler...
Old 03-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #39
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Casual attire is fine. Flint seemed to be running through the restaurant naked and waving sparklers.I don't think the bouncers ever came out. But a lot of people were averting their eyes, and others were offering bathrobes.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #40
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
Good thing I'd already swallowed my Twizzler...
If that ain't a euphemism...

Dev still has to share what area of Florida he's from so we can throw him in the Cellar Hurricane pool.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #41
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

Quote:
Casual attire is fine. Flint seemed to be running through the restaurant naked and waving sparklers.I don't think the bouncers ever came out. But a lot of people were averting their eyes, and others were offering bathrobes.
Casual atire is purely subjective though...

all fashion statements are discarded at the local nude beach... :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
Dev still has to share what area of Florida he's from so we can throw him in the Cellar Hurricane pool.
I'm living in the Levy county area Kit...
Stevonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #42
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_of_AG

This whole episode reminds me of someone that got dressed up casually and went to a black tie affair back at the place they dined at previously casual attire was just fine... but failing to know or "call ahead" they showed up at the door in AG attire not realizing that people here expected a coat and tie...

As HM noted, we have no problems with casual attire. The Cellar is more like a well prepared, all you can eat smörgåsbord. Flint and Steve showed up demanding that we all eat Big Mac's.

I understand there's a certain amount of cultural shock involved here, but you at least seem to have the intelligence and resilience to adapt to your new surroundings. We'll see about your friends.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Casual attire is fine. Flint seemed to be running through the restaurant naked and waving sparklers.
Give him a drink of Windex....that'll keep him from streaking.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #44
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

I love the analogies. I had no idea this place was all lobster and steak compared to my Big Macs. Nice to judge the new guys. And if Dev is going to say he had bouts with us "characters"... forget him too.

I did not attack a single person here, and still won't. But I won't forget those that feel comfortable attacking me. Message board rudeness reigns eternal.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #45
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Parker
I have only been in this community for a short period of time and find it to be quite welcoming; however, one must realize that not everyone and their communication habits are going to be the right fit.

I see this place as a thoughtful, intelligent, witty and extremely diverse group of personalities and opinions. What everyone who regularly posts or lurks here seems to share is substance and respect. Bombarding this place with threads -- ala Seinfeld -- about virtually nothing or juvenile retorts may be extremely amusing and acceptable in other places, but it, in my opinion, it is just not the culture of this site. You AG people can, therefore, imagine our reasons for being annoyed. Don't expect that teenagers in a band are going to be happy living in a retirement village, and vice versa. (Of course the retirement village example is in no way meant to label any respective ages.) Also, I'm not judging anyone's level of intelligence or maturity, just pointing out that our interests don't seem to be similar. If the glove don't fit.....
Well, we shall see. I won't insult anyone here and I won't curse or spam. But I may be caught being serious, posting current events, my opinion, jokes, and even some sarcasm. If that gets me banned, so be it. But I won't leave because some don't like my posts. Not everyone is going to like everyone else's posts.

It DOES sound like you are judging maturity levels, if you ask me.