The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Do you wear shoes?

What kind of shoes? Do you have more than one pair of shoes? Do your shoes have laces or velcro or are they slip-ons? Do you call them shoes? If you call them shoes do you specify "dress" shoes or "casual" shoes or do you call them something else entirely? How many times do you change shoes? Do you walk in your shoes? Do you have shoes for sitting around in? Do you like shoes? Are shoes your friends? Can you have more than one type of shoe? Do your shoes have colors? Do you shoes match your pants? Are they lovely shoes? Can I borrow some shoes? Did your great grandparents have shoes?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
glatt

yes
all kinds
yes
laces
yes
depends on the situation
depends
yes
no
yes
no
yes
yes
no
no
no
yes
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Shawnee123

Whew. Thanks. Now I can write my term paper.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I have shoes and I wear them as little as possible. Some are laced some are sandals. Most are worn out running shoes that I can't bear to dispose of.

I wear my shower shoes at work, most of the time. I like the way it accentuates my busted up feet.

I am a classy fellow.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Boots.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I wear black Nikes with no socks. It requires the least amount of effort.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Shawnee, there is no topic you can parody that won't have a response from me.
Especially shoes.
Although I am twisting it to talk about my feet.
This is allowed.

My feet hate shoes.
My feet Blister and BLEED when they even look at new shoes.

Sensible and expensive school shoes? Blister and bleed.
Matron got used to seeing me in the first week each term and stopped saying "Why didn't you put plasters on at home?" She knew I would be back requiring more plasters at break, at lunchtime and before hometime. Because my feet are prodigious bleeders.

Lovely soft moccasins? Bleed.
Handmade shoes (tried once when I had the money) bleed.
£125 designer shoes when that was a month's rent. Bleed.
Flip flops (aka thongs). Bleed.

My superhero power would be to wear any shoes any time without pain.

So what I mostly have is platforn shoes, as they do not blister as badly as heels. And I need to be tallers; heels hurt more in general. Laces, velcro, slip-ons - not bothered. I change shoes on a monthly basis-ish. Am currently re-breaking in my boots so I don't bleed next Friday.

Honestly - feet like mine are such a torment. Someone set up a charity for my extreme suffering?

Now I have to ask you about your friends.

What kind of friends? Do you have more than one friend? Are your friends straight-laced or easy-come-easy-go? or just easy? Do you call them friends? If you call them friends do you specify "close" or "casual" friends or do you call them something else entirely? How many times do you change friends? Do you walk all over your friends? Do you have friends to sit around with? Do you like friends? Are your friends your shoes? Can you have more than one type of friend? Do you have friends of colour? Do your friends match your pants? Are they lovely friends? Can I fuck your friends? Did your great grandparents have friends?
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
glatt

we had a dusting of snow the other day. The tracks in the snow looked like somebody had been walking around barefoot. I assume someone had worn a pair of those foot glove things that has individual toes. But you never know, maybe it was some barefoot dude.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
Shawnee123

I have angioedema. Have since college. I have the "no particular identifiable and therefore avoidable" cause.

Right now it is affecting my hand. What this means is I bumped it or my sleeve touched it for too long in just the wrong way. If I lay on my ear the wrong way and it starts to itch, it can close nearly shut from swelling. The heat my body generates from working out turns me into a giant hive, only angioedema affects a deeper layer of skin, and is not so transient.

It also affects my feet, especially my feet. Say I have a pair of shoes that are "broken in" but I haven't worn them in a couple weeks. Doesn't matter. If I wear them for a day they will be touching my skin in a spot it's not used to, which causes painful swelling and itching that I can only imagine is like a million fire ants biting my skin. My feet have been so swollen I can't walk, and doing so feels like my feet are BallPark Franks and are ready to split.

So, I wear the same black or brown shoes, the same tennis shoes, most of the time. I never have pretty feet or pretty shoes. I will always look like some orthopedic nightmare.

But I'm feeling pretty horrible about me right now. I'm relieved I guess that I am not the only ugly feet girl. I won't even get pedicures, what's the point. Not to mention my giant ugly pores.

I have very few friends. I find most people just wait until they can hurt you, then they do. They lie. They find your weak spots because you trust them. They will stab you and kill you when you aren't looking. They want you to lose your self-esteem and crumple into a ball and die.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ouch.

Given the list of questions I assumed it was a joke thead I didn't get the pint of.
Sorry.
The first part of what I posted was completely true - I don't have that condition, but I do have troublesome feet. To the extent that I will worry about new shoes to other people and they will think I'm a drama queen. Mid-evening I am half cut and accepting it, and they are pleading with me to dance barefoot because my shoes are full of blood.

Sorry chick.
If you're winding me up I still love you.
I'm too far away to strangle you.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Shawnee123

It is a joke thread, mostly. Started out that way, certainly.

I just got blindsided by something entirely unrelated in the course of things...and my itchy swollen hand and my (for women only) every two week Aunt Flo (though I'm not perimenopausal of course) got the better of me.

The angioedema thing is just a nuisance in the grand scheme, but it makes it hard to dress nice or do healthy things like I would like. Still, those are just excuses.

Your friends reply just set me off on something that, as I said, is completely unrelated. Sorry about that.

Sorry everyone. Just your resident psycho bipo checking in.

I do love to hear about your shoe preferences. I love darling shoes.

I am my own worst enemy. Eh, always will be. It's hard to take from any angle.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
glatt

Maybe. At least you have a few friends.

I have one, and she doesn't count because I'm married to her.

But it's cool. I don't think I want any friends.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Not if I can help it.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #14
Cloud

What kind of shoes? Yes
Do you have more than one pair of shoes? Yes
Do your shoes have laces or velcro or are they slip-ons? Velcro sucks for shoes unless you are a small child--a guy must have designed that.
Do you call them shoes? I don't call them Louise.
If you call them shoes do you specify "dress" shoes or "casual" shoes or do you call them something else entirely? only on rare occasions
How many times do you change shoes? In my life? uh . . .
Do you walk in your shoes? Except for the 5 inch heel ones; do something else in those
Do you have shoes for sitting around in? No
Do you like shoes? Yes, because many I cannot wear
Are shoes your friends? No
Can you have more than one type of shoe? Yes
Do your shoes have colors? if they're trippin'
Do you shoes match your pants? sometimes
Are they lovely shoes? not often
Can I borrow some shoes? no, they won't fit
Did your great grandparents have shoes? have no idea

In general: I wear Birks whenever I can. I have very wide feet, and have a hard time finding shoes. I have bought about 5-6 pairs of shoes in the past few months trying to find a decently stylish and comfortable pair of black dress shoes for work, and they all FAIL!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I bought a pair of these a month ago on clearance. One of those buys when you just go try something on and have to have them, which doesn't happen often. I usually opt for cheap shoes, but I have been thinking of the benefits of not going so cheap on the foot lately.

They work great with long jeans and jeans are long on me. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever wore. More comfy than my earth shoes. Lots of toe room, support with no pinching anywhere. Perfect! Not so pretty but meh, who cares.

Eastland
Attached Images

skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote