The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Political Party Loyalty Test.

Taking the test for the party opposite your own will give you a more realistic summary of where your ideologies are.

I should probably become an Independent because I usually support who I think is the best person regardless of political affiliation.

Republican Loyalty Quiz
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...oyaltyquiz.htm

Your score is 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a solid Democrat. You are not as fiercely ideological or uncompromising as others in the party, but nonetheless remain a reliable supporter. If you could have your way, you'd like to see Democrats leaders take a slightly more accommodating approach on certain issues – and dial down some of their nakedly partisan and bitterly divisive rhetoric.

Democratic Loyalty Quiz
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...oyaltyquiz.htm

By choosing 'in a perfect world the US would be France' made me swing too far left wing. Choosing the 'Executing Ann Coulter' didn't help swing me any degree the other way either. I would not walk through fire to support a political agenda ever.

I was much more thoughtful with the republican test so I got a more truer result.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
Pie
Gone and done

The Democratic Loyalty Quiz 10 Questions to Test Your Allegiance to the Democrats Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Democrat quiz:

Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

Pub quiz:

Your score is 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Democrat. You are quick to rally behind the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Democratic leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter contempt for the Republican Party and the intolerance, fanaticism, and warmongering for which it stands.

Yep, sounds about right.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

10 Questions to Test Your Allegiance to the GOP Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Republicans on some issues and Democrats on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.

10 Questions to Test Your Allegiance to the Democrats
Your score is 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Democrat. You tend to walk in lockstep with the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Democratic leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter contempt for the Republican Party and the intolerance, fanaticism, and warmongering for which it stands

I have to note that there were at least 5 repeat questions that I answered the same way both times. also....in the democrat quiz, there were 2 questions that I didnt want to answer with any of the 4 choices offered.

i call shennanigans.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
glatt

When I saw the repeat questions I stopped taking the tests. But I got 3/10 on the Republican one. Probably would have gotten close to 10 on the Dem one.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
skysidhe

I agree shennanigans it is!

....but fun shennanigans

@ glatt

The repeat questions made me be more thoughtful during the second test which was opposite my party and received truer results.

Shawnees and LJ's don't seem fanatically over the top if even though the tests are a bit skewed.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

R -
Quote:
Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Republicans on some issues and Democrats on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.
D -
Quote:
Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Democrats on some issues and Republicans on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.
HA HA HA - some rather funny choices.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

how many tries did that take?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

One, ya homo.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
Pie
Gone and done

(Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
Old 11-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
Shawnee123

OK, we weren't supposed to take this seriously, right?

So I went back and picked opposites, meaning the first question I took the obvious liberal answer and the next question the obvious conservative answer...until the end.

Guess what? I got a 5 out of 10. I iz a moderate! I had no IDEA that would happen. But now you all know, it has been scientifically proven, that I am the moderate extraordinaire.

Now let me bitch about Obama or Pelosi or the bailout or the recession or the recovery or Joe Schmoe from Kokomo who made a buck fifty last year or health care or partisans for a sec...did I say for a sec? I meant incessantly and on and on and on and on until everyone wants to smack me.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 11-12-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
skysidhe

nah, it was just for fun
Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #13
Shawnee123

I know, sky.

Was having some of my own fun...

I thought it was a funny quiz!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #14
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I took it and this is what I got;

Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

not
Old 11-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
Shawnee123

Wow. I figured you'd be moderate. Like classicman.