The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-14-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
anonymous
Operations Operative

Kill me again

He doesn't care if I drink; he only cares if I eat.

Since I stopped getting angry at him after a glass or two of wine, he doesn't care if I drink; but it matters very much to him if that glass of wine leads to eating. Because in his mind I need to lose 40 lb and get back to my emaciated teen weight range of 114-118 lb. I am 5'7" and weighed 110 when I wrestled on my high school's first girls' wrestling team, and weighed 114 on my first wedding day ... but I was skin and bone. No muscle mass.

I need to lose some weight, but probably should stop in the mid-130s, since I lift now and have some muscle. When I got into the low 140s three years ago I was fit and felt fantastic.

This isn't so much to be anonymous, as most will easily guess ... just less searchable. I am kept track of very closely these days.

The simple answer is: leave. But my father is here, and not easy to move; and I don't want to give up this property again. I didn't know, until I left it, how much it meant to me. I won't give it up again.

Not asking for anything from anyone here. Just pissed that it's okay for me to self-destruct in one way, but not to be physically unattractive. This is not okay, it's against everything I've tried to teach my daughter, but here I am still fending it off. It's a societal evil, a problem that exists beyond my one small situation.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
Nirvana
Back in 10

It's important to uplift your mind by reflecting on your achievements, the progress you have made and your other positive qualities. Its important to avoid extremes. I think if you gain self confidence what he says will lose its hold on your psyche. We are not the sum of our physical appearance. You are also a beacon of light to your daughter.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:39 AM   #3
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

His reasoning is off is all. You know what's right, being healthy is the best choice.
But Nirvana is right. Dwell on all your achievements to gain mental muscle mass to overcome the malign hold his opinions have.

Sent by thought transference
Old 02-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

A researcher working on what is destructive to a marriage, and what predicts divorce, finds that these behaviors are the "four horsemen":

Criticism, Defensiveness, Contempt and Stonewalling.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Thank you all. I do need to take care of myself. I'm making some practical plans in that regard, and working on a thicker skin!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:34 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. Easier said than done until you reach the hallway sex point. That's saying, "Fuck you" when passing in the hallway. Really, you'll be vulnerable as long as you care and I think he's given you enough reason not to anymore. No reason you can't get that property next time around.