The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #16
pensive pam
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Each user has the ability to specify a number of "Buddies". It doesn't really have any meaning beyond marking an association on the profile page. The person buddied does not have to respond in any way to the request. The + just means that the person is on her Buddy List (or friends list, or whatever they call it now).
"DanaC+" shows up as a friend but there is no photo of her. I am hoping that this is not a girl named "Erica" who was Pam's love interest for while. I am also curious to the fact the Pam was removed from the site for a period of time yet was able to return.
I will send you a message on here with a user name that I will register tomorrow. That way you will know it is me. Goodnight.
pensive pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #17
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Whether this is another stunt by Pam or it really is her sister, isn't it more appropriate to just not post if you think poorly of the thread?

Seriously, either way, the person behind these posts needs help. Even if it is just someone trolling, they are going way beyond the pale here.

I just feel sorry for this person. no matter who they are.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
wolf
lobber of scimitars

No one here is obliged to post a photograph.

if you log in under your own username, simply post to this (or some other thread) something on the order of "this is pam's sister and I have my own account now." There is no need to use private messaging.

As far as Pam having been disinvited from the site, yes, that's correct. She was placed on a temporary ban for violating the rules of the site ... which are pretty straightforward.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
Nirvana
Back in 10

Good for you Ali! are you talking to me if so here is your response below if not disregard and have a nice day!

I am an adult and I do not need your help posting. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION
Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #20
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I just thought people might like to show a little bit of compassion.

I guess I was wrong, but not surprised.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Pardon me but your Freudian slip is showing LINK

same use of ! symbol in the top of this post, anger swimming just below the surface of the facade...
This thing? I know I'm not the most internet savvy, but it took me a few minutes to figure out where that icon was.

Nirvana, you may be on to something ...
Old 10-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #22
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

nirvana might... might not...

Why not just treat each screen name as the individual they're trying to represent? or. give up?

what IF both voices are coming from the same person? so?

isn't that what you're implying? and that therefore they need to be treated as one?

ok,,, what3ever.

or take it at face value.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #23
classicman

I'm actually trying to find the old thread where she/he was outed.
If its Pam's sister .. I'd react one way. If it's pam, I'll block her until she is banned permanently.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #24
classicman

here is one
and here is another.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #25
pensive pam
Banned

Update: Thank you Wolf for your compassion. Pam was admitted last night to the ER and test were being performed.

They have found a growth/tumor on her pituatary gland and are running more tests. For now, I still have her laptop. If I open an account on her laptop will it nullify her account? Not sure what the rules are and when/if she comes back I don't want to further upset her more than she is. I am exhausted as you can imagine.

I will return back to my own home sometimes tomorrow or Wednesday, but for now it is best I stay near her and family. Thanks, and Happy Halloween.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #26
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hi Jessica

It doesn't matter from which computer you establish a new account here, one laptop is as good as another. The accounts live on the cellar, not on the laptop. What you do on the laptop, like establish another account for yourself, doesn't affect what happens to the other account on the cellar. I don't know how to keep from upsetting Pam, but you're not likely to mess up her account.

Good to hear that Pam's getting some help, that sounds very serious. Hang in there.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:27 AM   #27
pensive pam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Hi Jessica

It doesn't matter from which computer you establish a new account here, one laptop is as good as another. The accounts live on the cellar, not on the laptop. What you do on the laptop, like establish another account for yourself, doesn't affect what happens to the other account on the cellar. I don't know how to keep from upsetting Pam, but you're not likely to mess up her account.

Good to hear that Pam's getting some help, that sounds very serious. Hang in there.
Well I appreciate the kind message. Truth be told I have gone thru a lot of her posts. I have also seen responses. Your responses have not always been positive towards her. I guess it does not matter at more important things have been pushed to the forefront. I guess I will be on here intermitenly today while I wait for a response from Wolf. In the meantime I am on stand by at a Starbucks waiting to get a call when/if to pick her up.

we are supposed to go to a Halloween party tonight and I hope we can still go but it does not look likely at this point. The whole thing is just downright disheartening. Enjoy your day.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #28
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I like the guilt trip at the end of your post. "Enjoy your day. I hope you're happy that you've ruined my life. I mean her life"

Last edited by footfootfoot; 10-31-2011 at 11:02 AM.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensive pam View Post
Well I appreciate the kind message. Truth be told I have gone thru a lot of her posts. I have also seen responses. Your responses have not always been positive towards her. I guess it does not matter at more important things have been pushed to the forefront. I guess I will be on here intermitenly today while I wait for a response from Wolf. In the meantime I am on stand by at a Starbucks waiting to get a call when/if to pick her up.

we are supposed to go to a Halloween party tonight and I hope we can still go but it does not look likely at this point. The whole thing is just downright disheartening. Enjoy your day.
the red part is where she(he) gives away that it's actually her(him) posting. feels kind of familiar, huh? I mean... you can play a role, but at some point, you're going to shine through the facade.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #30
pensive pam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I just thought people might like to show a little bit of compassion.

I guess I was wrong, but not surprised.
Don't lose hope Aliantha. There are some compassionate people out there and Pam has received some nice private emails.

Remember that when you place darkenss and light together in a room, the light will aways win. Check back later. Peace.