The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #616
monster
I hear them call the tide

In 1986ish I worked in high street clothing stores, and any male older than me was "sir" (I was late teens) Same age or younger was "mate". Now they are all "sir" even though I am older than many. But I guess I am trying to extract $$ from you....
Old 12-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #617
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I've been called "girlie" in certain clothing shops, even in recent years, and it always throws me for a loop.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:32 PM   #618
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

glatt predicts the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Consider that the President is surrounded by loyal yes men. All he hears all day long is 100% agreement. Two thirds of the country disapproves of him, but he's surrounded by 100% approval all the time.

From 2006 friends.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #619
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Barring the 2/3, this is true of virtually every president for the last half century.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #620
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I feel like running a four-bore, double barrelled shotgun up this day's ass all the way to the collar bone and pulling both triggers. Then, stomp what's left of the skull until flat, and dry. Then, eat this goddamned, motherfucking, son-of-a-bitch of a goddamned day, with hot sauce and shit it over a thousand foot cliff, directly into a coal seam fire, where I hope it burns white hot for the next twelve thousand, nine hundred, eleventy-seven eternities. In the fucking rain.

Yeah, not happy with this day so far. I'm a little miffed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:16 PM   #621
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I feel like running a four-bore, double barrelled shotgun up this day's ass all the way to the collar bone and pulling both triggers. Then, stomp what's left of the skull until flat, and dry. Then, eat this goddamned, motherfucking, son-of-a-bitch of a goddamned day, with hot sauce and shit it over a thousand foot cliff, directly into a coal seam fire, where I hope it burns white hot for the next twelve thousand, nine hundred, eleventy-seven eternities. In the fucking rain.

At around four thousand miles, I'm probably out of range of the 1st Gravdigr Heavy Artillery Regiment, so could I enquire as to what has prompted your miffdom?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #622
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

That is a good question, but as I am only three thousand miles away, I'll wait for him to answer YOUR question.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #623
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:

This, but change 'day' to 'week'.

I seem to have spent the last three days dealing almost exclusively with dipshits and wankers.

*Imma add to that a short plea to anybody who is willing to listen:

If you have a home insurance policy - please read the details provided in your welcome pack, that set out the various aspects of cover included in your policy. And if you chose to keep down your monthly premiums by selecting a big ass excess/copay in the event of a claim, or by not opting to take the additional lines of cover such as Home Emergency cover, or Accidental Damage to contents - please do not shout at me and call me names when I tell you I have to deduct £400 excess from the settlement for your £500 TV, or that I cannot send out an emergency locksmith to your house, or that there is nothing I can do about the giant paint stain on your brand new sofa.

I did not select your cover. Other people are paying additional premiums for the cover you decided you wouldn't need, have now discovered rather belatedly that you do need, and are raising merry hell and threatening to go to the Ombudsman because you are not being provided with it.

And then when, despite you not having the cover in place, I spend 2 hours liaising with our windows and doors supplier to try and get your non-emergency timescaled appt moved forward - have the decency to thank me for it when I get them to you the next fucking day instead of complaining that I was 'condescending, unsympathetic and didn't understand'.

The previous handler just said they were really sorry but there was nothing they could do without the home emergency cover in place - they would have to go through the standard windows and doors repair process. I could have done the same. I didn't - I tried my hardest to get this woman a better solution and fucking succeeded, but she was still pissed off at me.

Last edited by DanaC; 01-11-2018 at 02:32 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #624
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
That is a good question, but as I am only three thousand miles away, I'll wait for him to answer YOUR question.
Discretion is the better part of valour.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #625
DanaC

Also - while I am at it - I can understand not having your policy number when you call - but not knowing a goddamn thing about the fucking policy is not helpful when I am trying to complete security checks.

There are all sorts of questions I can ask you to comply with data protection questions - only one of them has to be policy related. Don't have you policy number/ That's fine, can you confirm the month your policy is renewed each year? No - ok, can you confirm the name of the broker or bank where you took out the policy? No - ok - do you know what your excess is on the policy? No. ok - ok then can you tell me what kind of policy it is: is it buildings only, contents only, or a combined contents and buildings policy? no.....ok - have you made any previous claims? You'e not sure - you think maybe - but you can't remember what it was for?

well, then we have a problem because I can't discuss a damn thing about your policy or potential claim.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #626
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Days like today would get me fired for sure from that type of job. This would be one of those 'mental health' days some companies provide.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #627
DanaC

Quote:
Days like today would get me fired for sure from that type of job. This would be one of those 'mental health' days some companies provide.
*grins*

I do sometimes imagine what it would be like if I actually let out the annoyance I feel on a call.

"Well, actually, I don;t think you do understand, and I find your tone very condescending - you don;t sound sympathetic at all"

"Really, well that's weird, because I was just thinking you sound like a total bitch with anger management issues and a misplaced sense of entitlement, so go figure"
Old 01-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #628
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
At around four thousand miles, I'm probably out of range of the 1st Gravdigr Heavy Artillery Regiment, so could I enquire as to what has prompted your miffdom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Discretion is the better part of valour.
Oh, it's nothing a thousand years and ten gallons of Wild Turkey won't remedy.

Just venting, really. I don't frustrate well.

YouTube thumbed me in the eye first thing this morning.

I expect I'll get over it, but, prolly not today.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #629
monster
I hear them call the tide

Why aren't there comments on Craigslist? I have so many questions like ... does that mean frying pans are included?....

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/for/...443175319.html
Old 01-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #630
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Because it's not fleabay it's a classified ad, you have to conact the seller with questions.